NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

There's nothing wrong with a 1b team. I get it. I live in Calgary. I am in between disinterested and mildly interested in the Flames.

No chance in hell I'd cheer for them over the Leafs.

We will still rib you when they lose. You do it to us. Wouldn't expect anything less. This is also a majority Leafs fan league.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

so much bitterness Tony...
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

LOL that didn’t end well
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

dave1959 wroteCOLONso much bitterness Tony...
You have no idea... (maybe you do, I dunno). I invest far too much of myself into my team.

Don't mind the ribbing, by the way. I know it's all in fun. Too many here in NV, it isn't... there lies my problem.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Tony wroteCOLON
You have no idea... (maybe you do, I dunno). I invest far too much of myself into my team.

Don't mind the ribbing, by the way. I know it's all in fun. Too many here in NV, it isn't... there lies my problem.
Yeah I can imagine there are some obnoxious Vegas fans. I find the less emotionally invested the fan, the more obnoxious they are. And not sure how any Vegas fan could have a strong emotional investment in the team in year 1 and making a deep playoff run to boot.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Tony wroteCOLON

I'm a Sens fan so I know all too well
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Oh well, the Pens run had to end eventually, 9 consecutive series wins is pretty magical. They didn't look like themselves this year, think the rest will do them good. It's actually kind of a relief, been stressed as fuck this year just trying to save face because of the pressure of being b2b champs. I'm on the Bolts and Vegas bandwagon now :)
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Poor Pens fans... must be tough not to three-peat.

Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Honestly it takes soooo much of the pressure off, lol
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Tony wroteCOLONGo Jets.
I shouldn't have said this. I jinxed them.

Er, go Preds!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

So happy the Caps finally got it done against the Penguins. To do it without Backstrom too? They have their work cut out for them with Tampa, but it would be a nice to see OV get his shot at a cup.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Tony wroteCOLONWhy is there an assumption I'm a Vegas fan because I'm from Nevada? I followed them like a 1b, was turned off by their fans and marketing. I bought one hat, was gifted a shirt and promptly threw them away around February when I saw this "Vegas Born" crap. I thought I could cheer for them, but I just can't... I tried. I'm honestly looking forward to when they suck and the entitled "fans" turn their back. Fuck 'em.
hey tony.. don't be upset.. i guess it is exciting for the state of Nevada and I believe this is their first ever pro-sport team? It takes tons of years to really get the hometown citizens to get into it.. and that's why they want to do it ASAP and promote every chance they have.. just a marketing tactic and from a business POV.. but be natural and root for them when they do well but cheer for the SJS forever..
like myself.. i cheer for OVI and all my fantasy players.. im a leafs fan though.. i will be sad if leafs lose but i would cheer for a cup returning to canada (just not mtl pls...) in any given chance!
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONSo happy the Caps finally got it done against the Penguins. To do it without Backstrom too? They have their work cut out for them with Tampa, but it would be a nice to see OV get his shot at a cup.
high five!
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Tony wroteCOLONPoor Pens fans... must be tough not to three-peat.

high five!
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The Pens finally looked like they were out of gas...this seems to be one of these playoffs where trends are being broken. You know...like seeing an expansion team make the conference finals. Not a Caps fan by any measure but that was kinda cool to see them get over that second round hump.

The Wings had a pretty loaded team in '98-99 going for their three-peat and the Avs knocked them out in the second round. They added Ranford, Clark, Chelios and Samuelsson at the deadline. They took the first two in Denver and looked like they were well on their way to another conference final...Avs flipped the switch and took the next four and knocked them out.

Long playoff runs add up. A guy like Lidstrom played to 41 but he also played the equivalent of 4 full seasons' worth of hockey in playoff games alone.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Ville pokka to khl
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Only one fat player allowed in NHL and that's the Byf

Ok and Hotdogs Kessel
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Canes name Rod Brind'Amour head coach.

Good Guy!!

I still remember when he played for the Notre Dame Hounds against the Pembroke Lumber Kings (tier 2 junior A) and Cujo was in nets for them. 1987 BEST junior hockey game I've ever watched!!

I was a season ticket holder for PLK for many many years. (also stats and asst trainer for a couple years 1990 and 1991)

from Wikipedia

They then moved on to face the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League for the Abbott Cup. At first, the Hounds were out matched. They went down early, being led in the series 3-games-to-1. They stormed back in Game 5 to win 7-2 and then won Game 6. In Game 7 with a 3-2 lead, future National Hockey League (NHL) player Curtis Joseph took control and closed the door.

The Game 7 victory earned the team a birth into the Centennial Cup. (now known as the Royal Bank Cup)

In the first game, the Hounds played the Halifax Lions of the Metro Valley Junior Hockey League, defeating them 6-5. In the second game, they played the Thunder Bay Flyers of the United States Hockey League, the result was a 9-7 win.

The next game was a nail-biter. The Hounds took on the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Junior A Hockey League and lost in triple overtime by a score of 4-3.

The Semi-final placed them again against the Lumber Kings, but this time they were ready to win and took in 7-3. This set up a Final between the Hounds and the Lions.

After 2 periods, the Hounds found themselves down 2-1. They tied it up early, and then late in the game, on a feeder from future NHL player Rod Brind'Amour, future gold medal winning hero of the 1990 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Dwayne Norris scored the game winner.

Brind'Amour won awards for being the Top Scorer, Most Valuable Player, and Top Centre, while another future NHL player, Joby Messier, won Top Defenseman.
Last edited by 4 on dave1959, edited 0 times in total.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Did u actually write that or
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario