NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by kyuss »

well if there are no infected people entering the bubble, the bubble will stay Covid free.

The problem is getting there, along the next month
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

I've read reports throughout all this that people have gotten infected while being in a bubble, that transmission has happened through for example grocery bags left on a front porch. So not only is this bubble the players and any family, but all vendors and places they go to, it's impossible to truly be in a bubble when players and families need food and entertainment and other necessities. The better question is what the plan is for when a player or family member tests positive. How long before they can come back, do teams get to bring in a new player to replace them, if enough players on a team get infected does a team forfeit or can games be delayed, etc. It's naive to think that no player or family member will test positive or become infected at all throughout this multi-month process.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

sounds like M.Vorobyov is signing in Russia for 3 years, wow
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Lawrence Pilut signed 2 years in KHL too.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLONsounds like M.Vorobyov is signing in Russia for 3 years, wow
What happens when you can't lock down a full time role. The Flyers are too deep with quality bottom 6 fwds in their system for him to find a role.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

at least i hear that whats his face is recovering from his bone tumour #FLYERS
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Kalynuk apparently may not sign with the flyers out of college and may look at free agency. Flyers having a tough time lately.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

After seeing the last Olympics, I'm fully embracing the NHL's return to the Olympics. Sounds like their involvement is part of the new CBA/extension. 2022 will be a fun tournament with all the young stars and the balance of power globally.

The RTP agreement is exciting but the idea of labor peace for several years is a very good thing. A lot of speculation is that the assurance of labor peace is a chip the league wants to have when negotiating the new TV deal. It makes perfect sense. Need to max out on that next TV deal to possibly recoup any or all lost revenue during this season.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54
JoinedCOLON Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by ltcompton »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONAfter seeing the last Olympics, I'm fully embracing the NHL's return to the Olympics. Sounds like their involvement is part of the new CBA/extension. 2022 will be a fun tournament with all the young stars and the balance of power globally.

The RTP agreement is exciting but the idea of labor peace for several years is a very good thing. A lot of speculation is that the assurance of labor peace is a chip the league wants to have when negotiating the new TV deal. It makes perfect sense. Need to max out on that next TV deal to possibly recoup any or all lost revenue during this season.
This is a very good take, the TV deal is huge for the financial health of the league going forward and labor peace is the lynchpin of that deal. The next two Olympics is a very nice bonus for hockey geeks because the men's World Championships are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

foofnik wroteCOLONI've read reports throughout all this that people have gotten infected while being in a bubble, that transmission has happened through for example grocery bags left on a front porch. So not only is this bubble the players and any family, but all vendors and places they go to, it's impossible to truly be in a bubble when players and families need food and entertainment and other necessities. The better question is what the plan is for when a player or family member tests positive. How long before they can come back, do teams get to bring in a new player to replace them, if enough players on a team get infected does a team forfeit or can games be delayed, etc. It's naive to think that no player or family member will test positive or become infected at all throughout this multi-month process.
Exactly. Bubble isn't a bubble. All the staff at the hotels/restaurants/etc are not going to be in the NHL bubble. Risk is minimized but far from zero. At least cases continue to decline at the moment. May start seeing a little uptick in 2nd/3rd week of July as restrictions lessen.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Exactly. Bubble isn't a bubble. All the staff at the hotels/restaurants/etc are not going to be in the NHL bubble.
is this sure? if so, it is not a bubble at all
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Friedman reporting no changes on signing bonuses. WTF
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

two things I don't like about the new CBA:
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/details-emerg ... -1.1492091

> Opt-out: Any player can opt-out of Return to Play this summer for any reason and there is no penalty or discipline for doing so. There was originally talk that a player opting out for anything other than an underlying medical condition would not be eligible for a playoff share and would not receive the final quarterly pension credit for the season.

Doesn't make any sense to me. So theoretically, how about all NHLers opt not to play, they still get paid while playoffs are played by AHLers? lol

> No signing bonus limits: There will be no changes to the signing bonus system in the new CBA. During negotiations, the NHL was believed to have sought to limit signing bonuses to a maximum of 50 per cent of the total contract compensation.

the ugly is going to stay ugly for 6 more yrs

More importantly though, happy about the Olympics
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Signing bonuses are the rich teams' ability to retain their talent, much like the tax-less states have their own advantages. Everyone has to find their edge.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

#3 on Pronman's ncaa/europe/juniors availables list Wyatt Kalynuk signs with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Comparison made was Nick Leddy type
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

League tentatively released a bunch of dates:

July 24: Travel to hubs
July 25: Exhibition games
July 30: Qualification round begins
Aug. 9: First round of playoffs begins
Aug. 23: Second round begins
Sept. 6: Conference Finals begin
Sept. 20: SCF begins
Oct. 2: Last poss. game of SCF

Oct. 6: entry draft
Oct 9 (or 7 days after scf ends): free agency opens

And then for next season:

Nov. 17: Opening of training camps for 2020-21
Dec. 1: Opening of 2020-21 regular season
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Entry Draft on a Tuesday?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

They can't exactly spread out the offseason if they think they can end in October and drop the puck on the following season in December.

Pushing next season's calendar back a bit would inevitably affect the following offseason and the expansion draft. They'll have to have shorter offseason in 2021 if they want to start 2021-22 around October like normal.

They can put dates out there but there's no telling what the handful of months will be like. At a minimum, you hope this bubble playoff goes off with too many snags. The 2020-21 season is very much up in the air. A short offseason after this playoff could be fun but we'll see what happens.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54
JoinedCOLON Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by ltcompton »

You have to appreciate the amount of work that must have gone into putting together this revised schedule. That having been said, I don't think most of this is likely to happen. 80% of the league's players are younger than 30, despite all of the publicity and information about the needs for social distancing, the players just don't have it in them to stay apart from the general population. Players are going to get sick during the "play-offs" and they will all have been in close contact with one another so its almost inevitable that there will be a widespread breakout in the "bubble. I hope I'm wrong but i have a really strong feeling that its inevitable. I think the season is dead but again, I hope I am wrong.

I'm sending my son off to college in the fall, that's going to be a shitshow, all those college kids back together after about 8 months of separation? uh-oh
Matthew wroteCOLONLeague tentatively released a bunch of dates:

July 24: Travel to hubs
July 25: Exhibition games
July 30: Qualification round begins
Aug. 9: First round of playoffs begins
Aug. 23: Second round begins
Sept. 6: Conference Finals begin
Sept. 20: SCF begins
Oct. 2: Last poss. game of SCF

Oct. 6: entry draft
Oct 9 (or 7 days after scf ends): free agency opens

And then for next season: