NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Robin Hood »

CAM wroteCOLONThis is possibly the BEST rant i have ever witnessed. Erik Karlsson followed him on twitter afterwards...lol

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxneoLVZXJO
This was absolutely hilarious, sad and true all at the same time.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

The NHL Seattle ticket drive kicked off on Thursday morning and boy, did it go over well in the Emerald City.

According to Oak View Group, which is headed up by Chief Executive Tim Leiweke, and partnering with billionaire David Bonderman and Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer, there were 10,000 season tickets — their original goal — sold in 12 minutes following the 10 a.m. PT start. Within an hour, over 25,000 had been sold.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

what? i didn't know modonut was traded to TB.. what's the package
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

hong57 wroteCOLONwhat? i didn't know modonut was traded to TB.. what's the package
Mcdonagh + jt miller for not a whole lot.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONwhat? i didn't know modonut was traded to TB.. what's the package
Mcdonagh + jt miller for not a whole lot.
ridiculous
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wroteCOLONHajek
Howden
Namestikov
18 1st
Cknditional 2nd

If thats it seems a bit cheap
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONWe should ask yzerman if he wants to be in bbkl. NHL has gotten too easy for him.
we are forsure a tougher league lol
if yzerman tries hard, i think he has a slight chance to crack Paul's top 10 GM list in bbkl
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONHajek
Howden
Namestikov
18 1st
Cknditional 2nd

If thats it seems a bit cheap
fk
#91 - John Tavares
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Glad I am not getting punished for likely missing GP - Eriksson out for the year. Sigh.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONGlad I am not getting punished for likely missing GP - Eriksson out for the year. Sigh.
Yeah I kind of call BS on that one, I'm the one that gets fucked by it

If the rule is indeed he cannot make his GP situation worse in order to evade punishments since he is a new GM, he did not meet that by this trade alone:
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14780

2 NHLers for a goalie and futures. If he keeps those skaters or recoups the missing GP then he makes the GP mark, but now he misses it. His other 2 trades since he joined were neutral (Lovejoy for Sustr+ at the deadline and trading a pick for Postma and O'Gara back in January)

I don't remember offhand if he owes me a pick or if I get a sandwich pick or how that works (I'll go find the CBA and look it up) but regardless I'm the one that gets hosed here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

foofnik wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONGlad I am not getting punished for likely missing GP - Eriksson out for the year. Sigh.

If the rule is indeed he cannot make his GP situation worse in order to evade punishments since he is a new GM, he did not meet that by this trade alone:

2 NHLers for a goalie and futures. If he keeps those skaters or recoups the missing GP then he makes the GP mark, but now he misses it. His other 2 trades since he joined were neutral (Lovejoy for Sustr+ at the deadline and trading a pick for Postma and O'Gara back in January)

I don't remember offhand if he owes me a pick or if I get a sandwich pick or how that works (I'll go find the CBA and look it up) but regardless I'm the one that gets hosed here.
And how exactly are you getting fucked by it? You own my first round pick lol.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON

And how exactly are you getting fucked by it? You own my first round pick lol.
Compensation picks for you missing GP and thus having my pick moved back in a standings adjustment

From the CBA:
3- Compensation owed by the offending GM to the eventual owner of the diminished first rounder*

- If the pick is moved 2 or less spots:
and the pick is #1, a first round selection in this same draft
and the pick is #2-5, a 2nd and a 3rd round selection (this draft year or next)
and the pick is 6+, a 2nd round selection
if the offending GM doesn't own the compensatory picks he will have to acquire them on the market

- If the pick is moved more then 2 spots:
and the pick is #1-5, the league will also compensate the GM with a pick between the 1st and 2nd round (31b)
and the pick is 6+, the league will also compensate the GM with a pick between the 2nd and 3rd round (62b)

- if the diminished first rounder wins the lottery its owner does not get any of the aforementioned compensations for the lowered pre-lottery position.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

To be fair, the fact that another gm is getting paid picks in the first place is stupid. If this thing were done right then the picks would just be dropped by the offending gm.

And if he had played those gp then his pick would likely be a worse pick.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

foofnik wroteCOLON

You ordered the Shiv special.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

So foonik, would you rather have the #1-3 pick, or the #7-8 pick and the #25-30 pick? Seems like an easy choice to me... not sure why you are making this an issue.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

is there a reason the GM owning the traded pick loses the chance at getting first overall?

this rule was in place before I became a GM here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONTo be fair, the fact that another gm is getting paid picks in the first place is stupid. If this thing were done right then the picks would just be dropped by the offending gm.

Yeah, this does not make sense to me either.

If a team is intentionally tanking, and his roster is devoid of talent, he likely has an even harder time trying to climb back to relevance. He is punishing him or herself by trading away everyone and not rostering any actual players. If you are fining this team draft picks, you are just prolonging his rebuild. This league needs more competition, not less. Hell, most of the top teams are hording 5-6 actual NHL'ers on their farm anyways. There is seldom enough players to go around. It's tough building a top keeper team dammit! Incentives are better motivators than consequences.

Now, I was obviously not around when those rules were created, and I am sure they were put into place to stop some idiots from having 0 players on their roster. But if I am a rebuilding team, and my team suffers multiple injuries, I am not going out and trading my valuable assets for roster players just hit some damn GP threshold. That's counter-productive to a rebuild.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Yes Dave to make everyone mad ... that is the purpose of BBKL
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONTo be fair, the fact that another gm is getting paid picks in the first place is stupid. If this thing were done right then the picks would just be dropped by the offending gm.

Yeah, this does not make sense to me either.

If a team is intentionally tanking, and his roster is devoid of talent, he likely has an even harder time trying to climb back to relevance. He is punishing him or herself by trading away everyone and not rostering any actual players. If you are fining this team draft picks, you are just prolonging his rebuild. This league needs more competition, not less. Hell, most of the top teams are hording 5-6 actual NHL'ers on their farm anyways. There is seldom enough players to go around. It's tough building a top keeper team dammit! Incentives are better motivators than consequences.

Now, I was obviously not around when those rules were created, and I am sure they were put into place to stop some idiots from having 0 players on their roster. But if I am a rebuilding team, and my team suffers multiple injuries, I am not going out and trading my valuable assets for roster players just hit some damn GP threshold. That's counter-productive to a rebuild.
If you haven't noticed, the CC exists to punish lottery teams for being lottery teams. That is their purpose and function.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

dave1959 wroteCOLONis there a reason the GM owning the traded pick loses the chance at getting first overall?

this rule was in place before I became a GM here.
My assumption is that it's designed to be a standings adjustment to reflect if that team had made gp. The offending gm compensating the gm owning the pick was likely put into place to appease the gm that has the pick moved back. Just an educated guess on my part though.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to