NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

I mean sure I've been running 4 D for pretty much the whole season because my guys weren't getting called up. So I go out and make a huge splash.

And then one of those D gets called up.

Pirri soon as well?

Anyone else want my prospects? Seems like they never get called up until I trade them.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Go Guhle!

I doubt Pirri ever gets recalled - he's a Golden Knight isn't he? Unless there's an injury, he'll be an AHL all-star until next season or he gets traded.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Cody Franson on waivers
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

finally back where he belongs!
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

These 1 game weeks man holy crap
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Yea, my week is shot. Couple ill timed injuries who will be held out over bye to heal up along with all the bye week blues means Im up against it in this one.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Robin Hood wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONRemember when the Avs were really good with 112pts and 2nd in the West 4 years ago? Still think Vegas is closer to that team than a legit contender.

I wasn't as down on them as some were after the draft though.
This is the one parallel I was actually thinking about.

One thing different about this Vegas team is they're a top to bottom team full of 2nd/3rd line and 2nd pairing options (something I didn't see in the players they drafted). That's one thing most teams don't have. A 3rd/4th line that can score or a 3rd pairing that plays like a 2nd pairing. Those match-ups add up over a game.

Could be a one-off season though.

More important question: if you're Vegas, do you still sell some pieces at the deadline on the assumption that rebuilding is still the right play? Or do you try to make a dent in the playoffs and even try to land 1-2 pieces for a run?
If I'm Vegas, I hold. Don't see, don't buy. Who knows if this is just the first year of a group of cast-offs playing off adrenaline and to prove their former teams wrong.

They still have plenty of picks, made a lot of picks last year, etc. They'll likely let Neal and Perron walk which will naturally create holes for them to take a step back next season. Depending on their playoff success I'm curious to see how they approach the offseason assuming they allow Neal/Perron to walk. Do they attempt to sign big name players? I mean, let's say they go out in 7 games in round 2. That's a success. Do they attract UFA's?

Let's be honest, a tandem of Fleury and Subban is actually really good. Their defence is young and looks pretty solid. Guys like Smith and Marchessault had success in Florida and elsewhere, not like this obviously but they weren't scrubs, Karlsson came a bit out of nowhere but was never given a chance in Columbus. Neal and Perron have shown offensive ability before and Neal has hit 20+ goals every season of his career so he's not a surprise either.

I don't think they are second in the NHL like their current point total might say, but I do think they have been underestimated and underrated. The lines developed instant chemistry and by having a 1a/1b line with a solid third line they have become tough to matchup against.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Cale Makar was offered a spot on the team Canada Olympic team...and he declined.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

Shep wroteCOLON
Robin Hood wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONRemember when the Avs were really good with 112pts and 2nd in the West 4 years ago? Still think Vegas is closer to that team than a legit contender.

I wasn't as down on them as some were after the draft though.
This is the one parallel I was actually thinking about.

One thing different about this Vegas team is they're a top to bottom team full of 2nd/3rd line and 2nd pairing options (something I didn't see in the players they drafted). That's one thing most teams don't have. A 3rd/4th line that can score or a 3rd pairing that plays like a 2nd pairing. Those match-ups add up over a game.

Could be a one-off season though.

More important question: if you're Vegas, do you still sell some pieces at the deadline on the assumption that rebuilding is still the right play? Or do you try to make a dent in the playoffs and even try to land 1-2 pieces for a run?
If I'm Vegas, I hold. Don't see, don't buy. Who knows if this is just the first year of a group of cast-offs playing off adrenaline and to prove their former teams wrong.

They still have plenty of picks, made a lot of picks last year, etc. They'll likely let Neal and Perron walk which will naturally create holes for them to take a step back next season. Depending on their playoff success I'm curious to see how they approach the offseason assuming they allow Neal/Perron to walk. Do they attempt to sign big name players? I mean, let's say they go out in 7 games in round 2. That's a success. Do they attract UFA's?

Let's be honest, a tandem of Fleury and Subban is actually really good. Their defence is young and looks pretty solid. Guys like Smith and Marchessault had success in Florida and elsewhere, not like this obviously but they weren't scrubs, Karlsson came a bit out of nowhere but was never given a chance in Columbus. Neal and Perron have shown offensive ability before and Neal has hit 20+ goals every season of his career so he's not a surprise either.

I don't think they are second in the NHL like their current point total might say, but I do think they have been underestimated and underrated. The lines developed instant chemistry and by having a 1a/1b line with a solid third line they have become tough to matchup against.
Only right play here is to stand pat imo. Firstly, they have a small amount of prospects as is, selling what they have will look terrible if they have a mediocre year next year. On the other hand if you sell any vets off the roster and damage your chances of the playoffs that also looks bad you can't be hurting a winning team, that would look fucked up.

Only way they can potentially sell is any expiring contracts that do not want to re-sign can be moved but as long as there's transparency from management in their reasoning for selling someone who you would need in the latter half of the season and in the playoffs.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Duclair traded to hawks for Panic
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Full deal is Duclair and Clendening for Panik and Dauphin
tbone
PostsCOLON 349
JoinedCOLON Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by tbone »

Good opportunity for Duclair, hopefully he takes advantage of it
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Duclair go on a little run for a while now, interesting to see if he can sustain it though. Seems like a wildly inconsistent guy
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Sucks for the Panik owner.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONSucks for the Panik owner.
Panik was a healthy scratch so at least he'll play in Arizona? :lol:
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Meh. Not that this would help clendening much but I do prefer him in Chicago.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Ya I like it for panik. Will get some good time hopefully. His opportunity with toews is long gone. Had been playing better the last couple games.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Jack Johnson requests trade.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »