BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Arian The Insider »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONJust to confirm people on here think that its reasonable to defend someone against a bully by threatening to physically assault someone else?
Ya, I'm cool with it. It was mostly a bullshit, emotional threat anyways. He's not going to actually go out of his way to hunt the guy down and beat him lol. If someone thinks it's ok to bully a disabled person then I don't feel sympathy for them when they get bullied back.
And when the original bully comes out and says their post was just emotional as well then it seems like we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black don't we?

I don't know why someone making a particular sort of threat or bullying comment should be treated any more or less seriously than another. Sparks' responses is just as much in the wrong as the original person.
Why would someone attack another person for no reason, then call it emotional? Doesn't make much sense to me. What would be the reason for bullying someone out of the blue?
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

One was emotionally bullying a disabled person.

One emotionally told said bully to stfu.

Yeah, equal.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Lol WTF? I don't know what was said or what the guys reasoning was, but you have to be a pretty low form of a human being to intentionally bully or make fun of a disabled person. I would hope every person on this forum would want to beat a guy's ass that would do something like that. That said, PC culture has gotten out of hand when your livelihood can be affected for calling someone a whiny little girl.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

CasperX22 wroteCOLONLol WTF? I don't know what was said or what the guys reasoning was, but you have to be a pretty low form of a human being to intentionally bully or make fun of a disabled person. I would hope every person on this forum would want to beat a guy's ass that would do something like that. That said, PC culture has gotten out of hand when your livelihood can be affected for calling someone a whiny little girl.
This is pretty much how I feel too. I wonder if the view would change if it was a guy attacking a disabled person on the street. Maybe then it would be ok to fight the guy back lol.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Again, not sure how having people running through the streets punching one another is a way of combating bullying but what do I know, guess I'm too PC.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONAgain, not sure how having people running through the streets punching one another is a way of combating bullying but what do I know, guess I'm too PC.
That isn't what I said. But If I saw a guy physically attacking a disabled person then I would defend the victim. I'd rather do that than let him continue and politely ask him to stop, lol.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

It's weird, because it seems as if you changing the context of the situation to try to undermine what I'm saying does the same thing I just did?

If Sparks responds to someone bullying a disabled person by making a sexist or racist remark is he actually any better than the original person? The answer is clearly no. using physical violence to respond to bullying, or one-upping the bully by making another stupid comment is not an adequate response. Saying that I'm not taking seriously the original comment is not at all paying attention to my argument.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Your argument is ignoring intent. One person's intent is to stop another from treating a disabled person poorly. One person's intent is to be malicious for...fun?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Do you actually know the original person's intent? The issue is not intent, racist, sexist and other discriminatory comments are not cool period. Not only is actually determining intent impossible but its not even the issue at hand, unless you want to say making fun of someone who is disabled is okay if you intent is different?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Who is actually offended by what Sparks said? 13 year old girls?
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I imagine women would be offended by using their gender as an insult to someone who is bullying a disabled person?
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONIt's weird, because it seems as if you changing the context of the situation to try to undermine what I'm saying does the same thing I just did?

If Sparks responds to someone bullying a disabled person by making a sexist or racist remark is he actually any better than the original person? The answer is clearly no. using physical violence to respond to bullying, or one-upping the bully by making another stupid comment is not an adequate response. Saying that I'm not taking seriously the original comment is not at all paying attention to my argument.
I guess the differences is that I don't find telling someone that they're whining more than a little girl to be sexist. That's not the intention when people use that phrase. I absolutely would not be ok with him making a blatantly sexist or racist remark.

I'm ok with him saying he'd theoretically beat a guy for making fun of a disabled person. He wasn't going to actually hunt him down and beat him up.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

CasperX22 wroteCOLONWho is actually offended by what Sparks said? 13 year old girls?
The North American 13-year old Girls Alliance
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Give me a break. This is what is fundamentally wrong with PC culture. You can't say anything without offending anybody. Are infants going to be offended if you tell someone to quit crying like a baby?
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Some dipshit harasses a disabled persons in public, I at the very least step in a say something. But then again I'm a man and not a pussy... whatever.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONLol WTF? I don't know what was said or what the guys reasoning was, but you have to be a pretty low form of a human being to intentionally bully or make fun of a disabled person. I would hope every person on this forum would want to beat a guy's ass that would do something like that. That said, PC culture has gotten out of hand when your livelihood can be affected for calling someone a whiny little girl.
pretty much this
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Exactly, then the prick had enough nerve to make a complaint against Sparks.

Pretty low life.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON

Pretty low life.

yea, low life
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON

Pretty low life.
Pretty clearly was looking for attention any way he could get it.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Anyone with Center Ice or the NHL network needs to tune into some Carolina games. Their PK is impressive to watch. It has to be one of the top units in the nhl.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to