Click banner to view current roster and picks
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shoalzie »

We appreciate your help, Tony. I missed having you around.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

just no
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Sounds like we're getting an official announcement about the rest of the season.

For any hockey zealot who doesn't like this...I say go straight to hell but I hope you get stuck in traffic and construction on the way.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

A lot of reports seem to indicate teams who lose the play-in round will be in the draft lottery.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If those teams get the final 8 spots in the lottery, that collective group has less than 25% chance to win the lottery. They've got a chance but they're long odds. I have to figure you rank those 8 by the standings so the best team gets 1%. The worst team would be 6%.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Collective 25 percent chance to win 1st lotto spot, but much higher to win and 1 of the 3 lotto spots. 8th has a 19 percent chance at a top 3 spot alone. (Assuming they use the usual draft lotto system)
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

The bigger issue I have is a team like the Oilers going from a 95% chance of making playoffs to a 50/50 against a team who had maybe a 2% chance of making it. I get the incentive but throwing up a sample of ~70 games seems silly. NHL will be the NHL.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

To me, they split the difference of going straight to 16 teams or including every team. 24 seems like a decent compromise. The right thing to do was have these players return to play meaningful games. We aren't rolling out Detroit vs. Ottawa or Los Angeles vs. San Jose in June.

We know who the bad teams are. We know who the teams that still had a (remote) shot at the playoffs and we know who were getting in and seemed like the favorites to win it all. The cream will rise to the top but it's a more crowded field of teams to figure it out.

To pretend this isn't a money grab is silly but how do you not love the potential entertainment of it all? I'm all for it. I've not been more excited for a playoff since the '02 Wings dream team. It'll be unique because this has been a bizarre and unique few months. And I love seeing the NHL get the job on the NBA.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So, I think we can say with certainty now, our 2019-20 season is officially over. I've been working towards the transition into next season with sheets and my database. I'll have our sheets ready some time in June.

No surprises with the playoff format but they've left a bit of open-ended scenarios.

Interesting lottery format but it's pretty damn fair. If any of the 3 slots don't got to a bottom 7 team, they get fed into a secondary draw with only the 8 teams eliminated from the play-in series. 12.5% odds for all those 8 teams so that can could be a wild scenario if #1 is hanging out there.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Tony wroteCOLONTo be open, I quit due to severe depression while also dealing with a family trajedy. I have a long history of mental illness and it has its ups and downs. If no one is taking over, I can keep the team for a while - I don't care. Just know I'm dealing with shit here and there...
Sorry to hear that Tony.

I hope at the very least we will still see you around here on the forums.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Funny reading chicken little Red Wing fans on Twitter thinking this lottery format screws them. It's the exact same format as before except that twist of a second draw if anyone in the top 7 don't win the pick.

Yeah, they were awful this year but that #1 pick isn't their birthright. It would suck if they don't get it but too bad if that don't. One pick isn't turning the franchise around. You don't put up one of the worst seasons in decades and expect Lafreniere to save their asses. Yzerman has a lot of work to do and it's such a lazy take to say they if they don't win the lottery, the world is against them.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

As a Flyers fan I have absolutely no sympathy for any team that ends up dropping from #1 in the lottery.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

KapG wroteCOLON
Tony wroteCOLONTo be open, I quit due to severe depression while also dealing with a family trajedy. I have a long history of mental illness and it has its ups and downs. If no one is taking over, I can keep the team for a while - I don't care. Just know I'm dealing with shit here and there...
Sorry to hear that Tony.

I hope at the very least we will still see you around here on the forums.
Agreed tony - hope you're doing better man! We definitely miss you here.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Tony we share a birthday so your good in my books.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

well that sucks.

I'd say, try to figure out if keeping the team makes you feel better or bother you. And if that depends on the day, maybe bring on a buddy of yours to share duties? so that you can enjoy being part of BBKL when you feel like it and leave it to your co-GM when BBKL is bothering you?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

On a lighter note, the Blackhawks signed a guy named "Chalupa". They've had some luck with Czech players recently so he might be decent for all I know.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

bills09 wroteCOLONTony we share a birthday so your good in my books.
*you're

Jesus Christ Billy... this isn't helping.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to