Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Big Buff to Atlanta

Post by Nick »

Kareem.

49 % = not elite on the draw... its acceptable... being the only reasonable option doesn't make you excellent.

I did not compare his game to Stajan (said as much in my post), so stop acting like a kid with your arguments and take the time to read what is written down... I have no clue what's got your panties in a bunch today (though i did enjoy the activity & some of the other conversation points... it's felt like your responding w/o reading on a few occasions)

What I pointed out Kareem was that your using stats by position as an argument as to why he's worth 5M, and a good player on any team, while I've heard you bash that exact argument countless times (matt stajan top 25 in assist by C, top 30 in pts, tied for 18th in gwg, top 30 in pp goals, #17 in FOW with 52%, etc.)

so... what is it really about pleks that you like? occasional glimpses of skill? some extremely hard working shifts? that you don't have to watch him 82 games a year and ignore more of his faults easier? (i think this is pretty typical when judging 2nd/3rd liner forwards, not saying typical for you though).... 5M puts him in a group with centres that are further away from him then he is from Stajan..... hence MO that 5M x 5years feels $$$.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONKareem.

49 % = not elite on the draw... its acceptable... being the only reasonable option doesn't make you excellent.

I did not compare his game to Stajan (said as much in my post), so stop acting like a kid with your arguments and take the time to read what is written down... I have no clue what's got your panties in a bunch today (though i did enjoy the activity & some of the other conversation points... it's felt like your responding w/o reading on a few occasions)

What I pointed out Kareem was that your using stats by position as an argument as to why he's worth 5M, and a good player on any team, while I've heard you bash that exact argument countless times (matt stajan top 25 in assist by C, top 30 in pts, tied for 18th in gwg, top 30 in pp goals, #17 in FOW with 52%, etc.)

so... what is it really about pleks that you like? occasional glimpses of skill? some extremely hard working shifts? that you don't have to watch him 82 games a year and ignore more of his faults easier? (i think this is pretty typical when judging 2nd/3rd liner forwards, not saying typical for you though).... 5M puts him in a group with centers that are further away from him then he is from Stajan..... hence MO that 5M x 5years feels $$$.
I never said you compared his game to Stajan's, I said (paraphrasing), "then why compare the two situations." The "situation" was of course in reference to my opinion of Stajan compared to that of Plekanec.

As for Plekanec, he is most definately an elite faceoff man, to use percentages as a comparison is idiotic. Plekanec took more draws than Stajan (about 100 more), and against the oppositions best center men on a nightly basis. Differentiating between the two is not difficult at all, like I said above Stajan is great at nothing, average to above average at everything. Plekanec is a strong defensive player with very creative offensive skills. For most of the season he was in the top 10 of scoring, when he is on he elevates the play of those around him. Stajan does his part on a line, but he doesn't elevate the play of others, and he certainly hasn't flashed the 70+ point potential that Pleks has.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONKareem.
Name every centerman in the NHL with over a 49% success ratio on the dot and over 700 FOW, then tell me Plekanec isn't elite on the draw...
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Sorry, i mis-read/understood the 'situation'. -> dude... he loses more then he wins, how can you call that elite !!!!

Just clarifying: you think Stajan & 3.5M is further from Pleks @ 5M then Getzlaf & 5.35M or Richards & 5.75M; i dunno; it just seems expensive and they really needed some more grit/heart/size in their top 6.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONSorry, i mis-read/understood the 'situation'. -> dude... he loses more then he wins, how can you call that elite !!!!

Just clarifying: you think Stajan & 3.5M is further from Pleks @ 5M then Getzlaf & 5.35M or Richards & 5.75M; i dunno; it just seems expensive and they really needed some more grit/heart/size in their top 6.
He's at 49% with the 7th most wins in the NHL...That's elite, especially when you consider who he goes up against night after night.

As for your second point, it's a poor one, both Richards and Getzlaf are on RFA deals, once they hit UFA like Plekanec has they will be commanding in the neighbourhood of 8+ easy...
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

at the end of the day.. Florida and Atlanta just confirm to be the running jokes of the league.

I guess that's a good thing to hear for you leafs fans though :mrgreen:
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Sharks re-sign Marleau and Pavelski

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325564
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Radiohead

Post by Radiohead »

$6.9 million?

Yikes.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

how are people shocked @ 6.9M?

4th in goals
14th in pts
olympics
produced in playoffs even if he didn't look good
extremely versatile

Joe @ 4M is spot on; not over or undervaluing his playoff showing.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSharks re-sign Marleau and Pavelski

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325564
Ughh...This is the second worst news I've recieved all year! Burke better fucking trade Kaberle for a legit top 6 forward now...I don't see any other way (unless we magically sign Kovy) this team makes the playoffs if that avenue doesn't work.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Boychuk, Johnny » D BOS 6/24 11:56 am 2 $3,750,000
$1,875,000

fak.
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Are you fucking kidding me? holy fuck....guess ill be doing some more trading...
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONAre you fucking kidding me? holy fuck....guess ill be doing some more trading...
I'm lookin' right at you, buddy ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Florida trades Keith Ballard to Vancouver for Steve Bernier+25th overall
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

bills09 wroteCOLONFlorida trades Keith Ballard to Vancouver for Steve Bernier+25th overall
grabner is going the panthers way as well and the deal isnt locked in yet. vancouver is waiting to see if their guy is available at 25th.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Post by Scott »

Florida is raping that deal

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
bills09 wroteCOLONFlorida trades Keith Ballard to Vancouver for Steve Bernier+25th overall
grabner is going the panthers way as well and the deal isnt locked in yet. vancouver is waiting to see if their guy is available at 25th.
if vancouvers guy is there the pick will be 2011
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

bills09 wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON
if vancouvers guy is there the pick will be 2011
yup. but grabner + 1st + bernier for ballard = rape.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I like Ballard, not that high on Grabner or Bernier, and picks have a low rate of sucess, I think I'm one of the few people who like it for Vancouver. Watch out for Oreskovich too, kid can play.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

vancouver fans like it. bernier sucks, grabner is hot & cold, and the pick is howden... they get what they need in ballard.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to