Post by bills09 »

GO HABS
Mash
PostsCOLON 2135
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am
LocationCOLON Hamilton Ontario

Re: Montreal V. Pittsburgh Discussion Thread

Post by Mash »

God Damn Halak standing on his head lol Finally the pens cracked him!
Kareem R
(9:31:36PM): watching them lose games like this in regulation is chicken soup for the soul bitch monkey
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Fleury's time to shine. Pens have such insane talent, just need a couple of them to play well and they can beat almost any team in this league.

Btw - Jordan Staal is skating already.
Somewhere Don Cherry is smiling.
Also likely saying Staal can play because hes a good old canadian boy, and Markov's a pussy for not being able to come back :lol:
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I will LMAO so hard if the the canadiens beat the pens, or if Sid continues to play the role of Casper in this series.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI will LMAO so hard if the the canadiens beat the pens, or if Sid continues to play the role of Casper in this series.
Casper drew the penalty for the game winning goal, then he screened Halak on the goal itself?
Shit I thought Ghosts were see through. :lol:
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI will LMAO so hard if the the canadiens beat the pens, or if Sid continues to play the role of Casper in this series.
Casper drew the penalty for the game winning goal, then he screened Halak on the goal itself?
Cut the crap Neel...Sid has 2A and an Even ranking in 3 playoff games against the Habs...OV had 10 points (5 goals) in 7 games against the Habs and you all ripped on him. For the so called superior big game player, Sid sure looks invisible right now. Or am I missing all the little things he does to help his team that don't show up on the scoreboard, like whining to the ref and taking cheap shots at Cammalleri?
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
inferno31 wroteCOLON
Screening a goalie for the GWG isnt enough for the games best player, just like scoring 10 points in 7 games wasnt enough for Ov...I guarantee had OV done what Sid has the last two games you and others would be all over him right now.
When you lose theres always a martyr, when you win you share the success. Funny thats how it works in a team sport.
He hasn't been his normal self in the last two games, but not many people would be on Ovechkin if he was playing in round 2. The two players who deserve the most heat in Washington are Semin and Green. How those two can get so bad so fast is insane. Green tries to change his game, and ends up doing nothing well. Semin, hes what feed peoples crazy stereotypes about Russians (those people kindly forget about Datsyuk, Federov etc.).

But lets not start this again. The pens won today because Fleury got them through the first, and made great saves in the third.

Kareem wash the red off, other than for Team Canada it should be blue and white all the time. (Unless your name is Vesa Toskala, and you conveniently forget your national team has those colours too).
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONWhen you lose theres always a martyr, when you win you share the success. Funny thats how it works in a team sport.
He hasn't been his normal self in the last two games, but not many people would be on Ovechkin if he was playing in round 2. The two players who deserve the most heat in Washington are Semin and Green. How those two can get so bad so fast is insane. Green tries to change his game, and ends up doing nothing well. Semin, hes what feed peoples crazy stereotypes about Russians (those people kindly forget about Datsyuk, Federov etc.).

But lets not start this again. The pens won today because Fleury got them through the first, and made great saves in the third.

Kareem wash the red off, other than for Team Canada it should be blue and white all the time. (Unless your name is Vesa Toskala, and you conveniently forget your national team has those colours too).
Ok, so let me get this straight? When Sid has a good game it's the Crosby Show, but when he does absolutely nothing it's ignored because the team shares the sucess...Thats so assbackwards, how you can't see that is beyond me. Yes the Pens won and the Caps didn't, but if one player has no hand in the win I fail to see how that puts him above the losing player who greatly contributed to his team...

Go Habs Go!
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
inferno31 wroteCOLONWhen you lose theres always a martyr, when you win you share the success. Funny thats how it works in a team sport.

Ok, so let me get this straight? When Sid has a good game it's the Crosby Show, but when he does absolutely nothing it's ignored because the team shares the sucess...Thats so assbackwards, how you can't see that is beyond me. Yes the Pens won and the Caps didn't, but if one player has no hand in the win I fail to see how that puts him above the losing player who greatly contributed to his team...

Go Habs Go!
The best player doesn't have to be on a scoresheet for him to have an effect. If you can't see that he was a vital part of the Game wining goal, then give your head a shake. How can you say he had no part in drawing that penalty, or screening the goalie. He wasn't on the bench was he? Give your head a shake.

Ovechkin did greatly contribute to his team, I didn't say he didn't. In fact if you cared to read you'd see I said the two guys who didn't show up were named Semin and Green. One of them is CANADIAN :o
But as I said before theres more to hockey than stat lines, theres more to being a captain than being the best player on your team. You don't seem to grasp such concepts, but fuck it. Agree to disagree and move on.

The reason the pens won this one was goaltending, Fleury was huge.
Roster
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Go Pens Go.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONThe best player doesn't have to be on a scoresheet for him to have an effect. If you can't see that he was a vital part of the Game wining goal, then give your head a shake. How can you say he had no part in drawing that penalty, or screening the goalie. He wasn't on the bench was he? Give your head a shake.

Ovechkin did greatly contribute to his team, I didn't say he didn't. In fact if you cared to read you'd see I said the two guys who didn't show up were named Semin and Green. One of them is CANADIAN :o
But as I said before theres more to hockey than stat lines, theres more to being a captain than being the best player on your team. You don't seem to grasp such concepts, but fuck it. Agree to disagree and move on.

The reason the pens won this one was goaltending, Fleury was huge.
Joe Thornton does a shit load away from the puck, and I specifically recall you trashing him last season in the playoffs (as did I), why? Because he didn't score. Say what you want, but at the end of the day, the greats are judged by how many points they can put up. For the most part they all excel away from the puck, hence the "great" tag.

FTR in the last three games Crosby turned the puck over 4 times, once leading to a goal, and for the most part has been highly ineffective in this series, give your head a shake...As for the drawing a penalty comment, have you seen OV play? He gets at least 1/2 per game...Being fast alone will draw you penalties, that's hardly an excuse for putting up 2A and a even +/- rating over 3 games against inferior competition. Might I also add that Montreal is without Andrei Markov, their top defenceman, and best player.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Crosby 2007 - Current
In games his team was facing elimination or could close out a series
16 games - 21 points
1.3125 points per game

Ovechkin 2007 - Current
11 games - 12 points
1.090 points per game

All your arguing is there is a double standard, Ovechkin gets ripped when he doesn't show up stat wise in games, and Crosby doesn't. Well in games that count, both of them are stars. Ones just been in more, and a bit more productive it seems. The reason I put crosby ahead is simple, as I said more than stat lines, both are now the captains of their respective teams. I think one does a much better job right now getting the most of out his team mates than the other one does. Crosby can make a bigger impact in the game than Ovechkin can even if he doesn't make the stat lines, and thats down to their style of play. But hey great players are versatile. No ones a sniper, or a playmaker this isn't NHL 2010. Every player has a skill set obviously, but there are no set roles. The best players are good on both sides of the puck, and can do it all well. Every great player has the dynamic skill set, Ovechkin and Crosby both do, but one thus far in his career has utilized it a lot more.

As you said you'll never shut up about this, so I really don't care. They are the two best players in this league, were lucky to watch either. As a Crosby fan I've been luckier to watch him longer into seasons than you can watch Ovechkin it seems ;) .

But as I'd like to point out once again to get you back on topic - this is the Montreal V. Pittsburgh discussion post.
Please direct yourself to the Washington discussion post to discuss Ovechkin further
;) .
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONCrosby 2007 - Current
16 games - 21 points
1.3125 points per game

Ovechkin 2007 - Current
11 games - 12 points
1.090 points per game

All your arguing is there is a double standard, Ovechkin gets ripped when he doesn't show up stat wise in games, and Crosby doesn't. Well in games that count, both of them are stars. Ones just been in more, and a bit more productive it seems. The reason I put crosby ahead is simple, as I said more than stat lines, both are now the captains of their respective teams. I think one does a much better job right now getting the most of out his team mates than the other one does. Crosby can make a bigger impact in the game than Ovechkin can even if he doesn't make the stat lines, and thats down to their style of play. But hey great players are versatile. No ones a sniper, or a playmaker this isn't NHL 2010. Every player has a skill set obviously, but there are no set roles. The best players are good on both sides of the puck, and can do it all well. Every great player has the dynamic skill set, Ovechkin and Crosby both do, but one thus far in his career has utilized it a lot more.

As you said you'll never shut up about this, so I really don't care. They are the two best players in this league, were lucky to watch either. As a Crosby fan I've been luckier to watch him longer into seasons than you can watch Ovechkin it seems ;) .

But as I'd like to point out once again to get you back on topic - this is the Montreal V. Pittsburgh discussion post.
Please direct yourself to the Washington discussion post to discuss Ovechkin further
;) .
I find those stats misleading, primarily because it's the playoff's. Every game is intense, and every game is important to set the tone and win the series, I fail to see how any one game is more important than another. Your not neccasarilly wrong, I view both as big game players, but I think the numbers you have selected are a tad misleading, who's to say a point in game 1 is any less important than game 7? An argument can be made that without the goal in game 1, there is no game 7. For that reason I tend to favour total points per game in the playoffs.

The rest I can't disagree with, OV needs to find a way to diversify his game when his first option is shut down, he needs to learn to drive the net and score the odd garbage goal. It needs to be coached to the entire team frankly, they have all been taught to let their artistry show on the ice, when it doesn't work they have nothing to fall back on.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

lets go pens
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bcool wroteCOLONlets go pens
lol...
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONlets go pens
lol...
:66
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

its not just points.

crosby is playing well (outside of a bad 3rd)... like if u watch the games he's very dangerous... that was not true for ovy...

with that said, halak is the star of this series as well.

people need to drop the pts/game arguments... they do not tell the story... these players are in a different league... they will have lots of points when their teams do well, less when their team does less... however watching caps vs habs and pens vs habs is different... crosby is making TONS of chances and being the guy getting ROBBED by halak... ovy wasn't getting past the D... and it was guys like knuble, liach, fehr, backstrom being robbed (semin missing the net, ovy shooting into gill's skate)....

anyways... i just want the habs to lose... enough halak-ing...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONits not just points.

crosby is playing well (outside of a bad 3rd)... like if u watch the games he's very dangerous... that was not true for ovy...

with that said, halak is the star of this series as well.

people need to drop the pts/game arguments... they do not tell the story... these players are in a different league... they will have lots of points when their teams do well, less when their team does less... however watching caps vs habs and pens vs habs is different... crosby is making TONS of chances and being the guy getting ROBBED by halak... ovy wasn't getting past the D... and it was guys like knuble, liach, fehr, backstrom being robbed (semin missing the net, ovy shooting into gill's skate)....

anyways... i just want the habs to lose... enough halak-ing...
Ov wasn't dangerous in the games he played, thats when I stopped reading...
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

when u stopped watching too?
:shutit

ovy had a secondary assist in game 7.... a couple of brutal give-aways... and was consistently useless by the end of his shift...
he attempted 20 shots !!!!! the best part of his game was his hustle and phsyical play... but is he guilty for the loss... HELL NO.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to