Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Re: BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Post by Tony »

Lukas Radil is C in Fantarx but I can only place him as W in the google doc. He's only taken like 4 faceoffs - can we place him one or the other por favor?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Travis Boyd is a dual on fantrax both should be a C only.
Thanks.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

What's the deal with Radil...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Are there special allowances for the teams trying to make GP? If Kempe can be moved to C, I can include another winger and get more GP per week.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Tony wroteCOLONWhat's the deal with Radil...

That's a tricky one since he's listed as a center on NHL.com but he's not been taking draws. He was initially listed as a wing on Fantrax but I was collecting that information before the season.

Do you know when he became a dual C/W?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONAre there special allowances for the teams trying to make GP? If Kempe can be moved to C, I can include another winger and get more GP per week.

I'm afraid not. We've got one more position review before the end of our regular season.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONAre there special allowances for the teams trying to make GP? If Kempe can be moved to C, I can include another winger and get more GP per week.

I'm afraid not. We've got one more position review before the end of our regular season.
Maybe this could be a consideration moving forward? It would help the rebuilding teams out a lot.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You're partially right but to do something or nothing with your roster is entirely the responsibility of the individual GM. The league isn't obligated to help teams.

Up until a couple years ago, I had to deal with this when I perennially finished in the bottom 2 or 3 spots of the league and I had to cough up futures or picks to acquire marginal players to fill needs in my lineup. I would've preferred to not have to but I'd rather give up picks for actual players instead of just throwing away draft picks because I missed on GP and it would've cost me a chance of getting the 1st overall pick.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

You were given an allowance last year for gp because you were new with a poor team last year, hawkes. You knew about the gp limit for a year and a half. You will need to make trades to hit gp this season, if you don't believe you are going to hit, unfortunately.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I always say it's easier to start with a full lineup than it is to start the season with holes in your lineup and hope you can grab players on the cheap from other teams. You can't get games back and considering injuries happen and those depth players might not be available.

I fully endorse the idea of throwing away a couple mid-round picks to acquire a 3rd or 4th liner that plays every night but doesn't do much statistically.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

I'm not sitting on my hands here. I claimed Kempe off of waivers and he's been playing C. However, I guess he just missed the last roster change or whatever the case was. Any trades I have made have been at least GP neutral or better. The injury bug has really hurt me this year though. Lots of solid GP people have missed a chunk of time.

It just seems strange that I would have to trade a W for a C to make a roster compliant (or vice-versa), when the only thing that someone would need to do is switch his position on Fantrax. In theory, my team is fully compliant and on track to hit GP, but for whatever reason the league decided to implement this rule, it seems to prevent teams from managing their rosters like a realistic GM (ok realistic-ish) would.

In my case, the problem isn't that I am missing players to get to the GP.... it's (aside from injuries) that certain positions aren't correct on Fantrax, and because of this I don't have any other choice but to SIT a gp piece. It makes no sense...

If we are trying to be as realistic as possible, this is not helping with that IMO.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

But you’re also the only guy complaining about it. Rules haven’t changed in a long time.

If you need GP Micheal Haley and Jordan Nolan are available.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONBut you’re also the only guy complaining about it. Rules haven’t changed in a long time.

Well I am the newest one here. That should give me some leaway to bring arguments to old rules!

Like I said... I don't need GP... I have the pieces, I just cannot use them because I have a C stuck on W because of the rule the league has in place. I need Kempe to go to C so that I can have all my W on my roster. Being limited in my roster flexibility is hurting my odds of hitting the GP. Being able to switch your player's roster positions should not be this difficult. Now that we have the FOR stat on Fantrax, why not allow the managers to move them around when they become eligible, or fall out of eligibility???

I just don't understand the need for fixing the dates that the roster positions are changed.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Given we have the FOR formula being done now on Fantrax, we honestly could the reviews/updates more often. I think doing it every 5 weeks would be fair...that would play out to 4 reviews during the season.

We'll discuss that as an option going forward. Mik is the keeper of the position eligibility rules so we'll see how he feels about that.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

That would certainly be more reasonable and very much appreciated.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

That’s fair and something we’ve talked about in the past. Especially with the new NHL and a lot of teams having a lot more than 4 guys taking FO... but still your argument for being GP compliant isn’t valid. Rules are the rules and if you can add GP on D or C cause you have too many W that’s on you to make the necessary moves.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONThat’s fair and something we’ve talked about in the past. Especially with the new NHL and a lot of teams having a lot more than 4 guys taking FO... but still your argument for being GP compliant isn’t valid. Rules are the rules and if you can add GP on D or C cause you have too many W that’s on you to make the necessary moves.
Ugh... missing the point...
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONBut you’re also the only guy complaining about it. Rules haven’t changed in a long time.

Well I am the newest one here. That should give me some leaway to bring arguments to old rules!

Like I said... I don't need GP... I have the pieces, I just cannot use them because I have a C stuck on W because of the rule the league has in place. I need Kempe to go to C so that I can have all my W on my roster. Being limited in my roster flexibility is hurting my odds of hitting the GP.
so it sounds like you actually need GP
Being able to switch your player's roster positions should not be this difficult. Now that we have the FOR stat on Fantrax, why not allow the managers to move them around when they become eligible, or fall out of eligibility???
with the FOR stat on Fantrax we will try to make it more frequent in the future
I just don't understand the need for fixing the dates that the roster positions are changed.
not to have GM continuously asking for change of position, which would also need more than one person doing the updates (can't always be available to spend time on doing that), and to give teams roles certainty over a period of time.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Like I said... I don't need GP... I have the pieces, I just cannot use them because I have a C stuck on W because of the rule the league has in place. I need Kempe to go to C so that I can have all my W on my roster. Being limited in my roster flexibility is hurting my odds of hitting the GP.
so it sounds like you actually need GP
Being able to switch your player's roster positions should not be this difficult. Now that we have the FOR stat on Fantrax, why not allow the managers to move them around when they become eligible, or fall out of eligibility???
with the FOR stat on Fantrax we will try to make it more frequent in the future
not to have GM continuously asking for change of position, which would also need more than one person doing the updates (can't always be available to spend time on doing that), and to give teams roles certainty over a period of time.
I mean, I don't NOT need GP, but that wasn't the point to this topic. The point was that IF we could have more flexibility with the positional changes, attaining GP would be easier.

I don't think that there would be that many requests - really only for call-ups. But if done every 5 weeks instead of twice a year, then it should be smoother for most.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

If you have more positional Updates it could also be a negative, as you never have certainty to have 3 centers, and may need to make a trade every 5 weeks to acquire another one.

I think the certainty is quite beneficial.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to