Matthew wroteCOLONWhat is FOR for adhl?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Post by Shoalzie »

foofnik wroteCOLONRight now the positions should be identical. Once the season starts, ADHL has a positional review earlier than here so at that point positions won't match, but right now they should be identical.

For upload into FT, you can do it right in commish area. I download the full players list from FT, import it into my DB, and then export the list with current contracts and positions and then upload that .csv into FT again and it's done instantly there.

It takes a few minutes to update contracts and positions once I import it into my DB, after that it's about 1 minute of work to export and get FT updated.

But all that aside, Scott values building his DB and putting in the time, his DB is more robust than mine is. I'm not trying to step on any toes here, just offered a quick solution to remove the duals right now for everyone so they can continue prepping.

We can give you and/or Jordan access to help upload position information on Fantrax. That's where we could use some assistance if you have ready. I'll handle issues on my end with the sheets.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Don’t we use .45?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
Don’t we use .45?

This is what I was referring to before. We both use the same formula to determine C or W but I thought our threshold was a little different from theirs.

It's in our CBA unless the rule changed and this wasn't updated:
4-1 : Rosters must have no more than twenty (20) and no less than eighteen (18) skaters and three (3) optional pressbox players (Centres and Wingers are designated as such by Face Off Ratio formula (face offs taken divided by time on ice - .45 is threshold number) and updated twice each season)
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14161
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Easily modified if you want me to do an update now before you overwrite it later with yours Scott. If you're going through now for the guys who played less than 15GP there might be some discrepancies as I did my updates months ago, possible nhl.com changed primary positions for some guys by now.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Don’t we use .45?
yes, probably foofnik though we used 0.4 like in adhl

btw, we once had .35, so 0.4 would fall right in the middle :)
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

There are a small handful of players falling between .40 and .45 that we can change manually in 12 seconds:
(Evans a W because he didn't reach 15 GP, so he stays at his previously listed position even though he's over .40)
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

foofnik wroteCOLONThere are a small handful of players falling between .40 and .45 that we can change manually in 12 seconds:
(Evans a W because he didn't reach 15 GP, so he stays at his previously listed position even though he's over .40)
Gotta look at the W who need to be C too.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

foofnik wroteCOLONThere are a small handful of players falling between .40 and .45 that we can change manually in 12 seconds:
Gotta look at the W who need to be C too.
This pic is all skaters sorted by FOT in the other league, so in the entire NHL those are the few players falling between .40 and .45. Positions are done in there already, so if there is a W above .40, they did not play 15 NHL GP last year, same for C below .40, not enough GP to make the switch.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm trying remember, do use 10 or 15 or 20 games? I'm fine with Josh helping here but I want to make sure we're following the correct criteria.

Also, would we even do a midseason C/W review with this short of a season?
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'm trying remember, do use 10 or 15 or 20 games? I'm fine with Josh helping here but I want to make sure we're following the correct criteria.

After or right before the trade deadline maybe?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Typically we'd do one after Week 10 maybe? We're looking at 13 week regular season for us with the 4 weeks for the playoffs. Our trade deadline occur before the NHL's.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

We definitely need a review, if we have some players switching from W to C which happens with younger players or a player switching from C to W due to new team or new personnel we don't want them to be in their wrong position all year and playoffs.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Yeah in a normal year we have multiple reviews. Need at least 1 review.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

We can still have two of them. One after 20 NHL games, and the other before our deadline/playoffs?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Mik, if you're up to doing that, great. Just make a decision on when so we can all plan around it.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'm trying remember, do use 10 or 15 or 20 games? I'm fine with Josh helping here but I want to make sure we're following the correct criteria.

Setting up my update for the Google database...the formula I was using before was 0.45 as the FOR/FOT threshold and we used 20 games as the minimum.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

yeah that's correct, by what I remember. Only difference was with bbkl rookies (players who have yet to reach 20 NHL games in one season, for them we just needed 10 games to switch).

I took a look at the NHL schedule. I think it makes sense to have the 1st update at the end of February, most teams will have played 22/23 games, so players who haven't missed action will be eligible for the switch. That would apply to our 8th week roster lock (March 1st), I'll need to remember (or someone to remember me) to update the positions during week #7 for all players who are not on the fence (99%) rather than on Sunday 28th, so that GMs will have a few days to see the need to adjust their roster for the upcoming week.

As for the starting update, the one due now, by what foofnik suggested I guess we should proceed that way and I'll look into the few players who'll still need to be adjusted (because of the slight difference between ADHL / BBKL).
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Okay.

I ran the numbers on Google. Took all the skaters that played in at least 1 game last year and ran the formula.

I haven't made the designation of "rookie". I've got a table of GP from every season going back to 1989. I can throw in the qualifier for players that haven't played in over 20 games in a single season up to now.

Just for clarification, is it 20 games and above or is it over 20 games (meaning 21 games and above)?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

"at least 20gp" (from the opener), so 20 games and above
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to