Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Post by kimmer »

Ignore random changes made by fantrax regarding position man. Only pay attn when we announce we are gonna make the changes
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kimmer wroteCOLONIgnore random changes made by fantrax regarding position man. Only pay attn when we announce we are gonna make the changes
How do I proceed if the random changes have made my roster illegal?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Ignore it
Pm kyuss and he'll override it accordingly
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kimmer wroteCOLONIgnore it
Pm kyuss and he'll override it accordingly
OK thanks!
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Someone should hit the checkbox in the commish area to lock positions so this won't happen. Or I can give a spreadsheet to upload with positions and proper AAV's that will lock them as well, I already have the sheet for ADHL I just have to tweak some positions probably for in here but can do that with Scotts DB easily.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Can I get a little more information as to how the C to W thing works? I thought the changes were only made at specific times during the year, and not every now and then.
That's true for players with a single specific position, but like pointed out very clearly in pretty much any announcement made on this matter (see announcements thread), dual positions are not allowed in our league. Those that weren't taken away yet or are newly added by fantrax need to be reported by the GM so that they get taken away. If they're not reported, they get taken away immediately anyway once caught.

If a GM is caught keeping a dual position and taking advantage he's going to get sanctioned.

If the position is not dual it will remain the same until the next automatic update, no matter if leading up to it the current FOR doesn't match.
When there is a dual to be taken away, the FOR is used to determine the position, but the current FOR is used only when the player never qualified in terms of GP to get his position assessed through his FOR in the past.

So for example, if a veteran starts the season as a BBKL W because of the FOR he had in the previous season (where he played at least 20 games) and Fantrax adds a C to him, even if his current FOR for the ongoing season is >0.45 his dual will be taken away by making him a W (which is the position where he could be used in the previous weeks). His position will shift to C only at the next automatic update, like for all other players that may need an update.
In Dries' case, there is no starting position determined via FOR cause he never played enough NHL games in the previous seasons, so his current FOR is what determines his non dual position => I just made him a W because of that.

Hope this clarifies the matter.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Thanks Kyuss. I'll keep all that in mind moving forward.

That being said - I have David Ullstrom as a C/W so he will need to be given a specific position.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

just noticed i have

Logan O'Connor as C/W (minors)

W on Elite Prospects
W on NHL.com
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

ok, made him a W (we go with nhl.com position when the player has yet to play an NHL game -IF he is a dual on BBKL- ).
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONThanks Kyuss. I'll keep all that in mind moving forward.

That being said - I have David Ullstrom as a C/W so he will need to be given a specific position.
W, cause he had FOR <0.45 in the 20 games he played in 2012/13 :D
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONThanks Kyuss. I'll keep all that in mind moving forward.

W, cause he had FOR <0.45 in the 20 games he played in 2012/13 :D
I never really considered him a C anyways - so I am happy with the W designation. Thanks!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

foofnik wroteCOLONSomeone should hit the checkbox in the commish area to lock positions so this won't happen.
I'm not sure we should use that feature, here is what the explanation says:
Enable this option if you want all players to only be eligible at their initial Primary position, as opposed to some players being eligible at multiple positions. The initial Primary position is set before the beginning of the season and does not change throughout the entire season, regardless of NHL position changes. If your league does not use that position, then the player's eligible default position is used, which can change throughout the season and potentially illegalize past rosters, as eligibility changes always take effect retroactive to the start of the season. We therefore do not recommend using this option if you think this may occur, based on the positions you are using in this league.
the initial primary position is probably the one assigned by Fantrax, rather then one we manually assign through FOR (and obviously they are not always the same) at the start of the season (or before locking positions up through that option anyway), so I fear that thing would switch positions back to Fantrax default ones.

Let me know if I'm guessing this wrong.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kyuss wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLONSomeone should hit the checkbox in the commish area to lock positions so this won't happen.
I'm not sure we should use that feature, here is what the explanation says:
Enable this option if you want all players to only be eligible at their initial Primary position, as opposed to some players being eligible at multiple positions. The initial Primary position is set before the beginning of the season and does not change throughout the entire season, regardless of NHL position changes. If your league does not use that position, then the player's eligible default position is used, which can change throughout the season and potentially illegalize past rosters, as eligibility changes always take effect retroactive to the start of the season. We therefore do not recommend using this option if you think this may occur, based on the positions you are using in this league.
the initial primary position is probably the one assigned by Fantrax, rather then one we manually assign through FOR (and obviously they are not always the same) at the start of the season (or before locking positions up through that option anyway), so I fear that thing would switch positions back to Fantrax default ones.

Let me know if I'm guessing this wrong.
I upload a spreadsheet where the positions are a column and they stay locked to those until I change them at a positional review, never had a problem with it. Can use the identical sheet for BBKL, only thing I would double check first is that the positions I have match what Scott has since his should go by FOR and it might differ slightly from what I have for the other league.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Sorry I missed your reply.

I guess comparing with Scott's sheets or with Fantrax should be the same, at this point hopefully they match for every player's position. But probably we should use our own excel file generated by Scott which would be based off FOR (showing GP too), so that you don't need to compare and we are sure the positions we'll upload are correct.

Since you already tested that system in your other league on Fantrax we could do the same here to upload the new positions at the first positional update, if when the time comes you'll explain exactly how to do that.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

On a related topic...when were we planning on doing our position reviews?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

since we use this system, we have done it in early December off end-of-November numbers
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Do we have one or two updates in a season? I have my weekly position grid set up to make updates any week of the season. I didn't know what the routine usually is...hadn't paid enough attention.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONDo we have one or two updates in a season? I have my weekly position grid set up to make updates any week of the season. I didn't know what the routine usually is...hadn't paid enough attention.
two per season. If we have a system to update positions by just 'uploading' a list, then we can have at least one more I guess.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

When is first positional update again?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLONNo changes have been discussed inside CC, so expect something along last season's lines for the first in-season update:
kyuss wroteCOLONSpecifics for 2016/17 first positional update

- FOR list (and GP numbers) will be generated from all NHL games played this season through the end of November. FOR threshold is 0.45 as usual in recent seasons.

- updates will apply to Monday 5th roster lock (week #9)

- after November 30th GMs may request data and role revision for a player of theirs within Monday 5th (status might change between nov 30th and dec 5th for players on the bubble. Or there may have been omissions in the update)

- eligible for the update will be veterans with at least 20gp and bbkl-rookies (i.e. players who currently still have their bbkl role determined by default fantrax position) with at least 10 games as of nov 30th (or as of the date a request comes in between nov 30th and dec 5th)

- a second automatic update will occur before the trade deadline in a date yet to be determined

- NO updates will occur between the 2 automatic updates
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1206 ... 00#p259223
Found it.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to