Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Mash
PostsCOLON 2135
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am
LocationCOLON Hamilton Ontario

**Important Dates Decided from CC**

Post by Mash »

After days of heated debates the CC has decided that

The 2010 BBKL Entry Draft which is the 2nd Entry Draft in the history of our league. It will be begin @ noon (EST) on June 23rd, 2010.
-the goal is to complete the first round prior to the start of the actual NHL draft, we expect picks to be made in a timely manner
-there is no 'stop' point where we wait for the NHL draft to catch up... it will surely do so...
-as previously experienced, if you miss your selection window (24 hours I believe) your pick becomes an any time in the next 30 selections

&

The 2010 BBKL Waiver Draft will be the 2nd Waiver Draft in the history of our league. It will be begin @ noon (EST) on June 1st, 2010.
-there is a mandatory drop of 1 player per team before this start date
-the time frame for selections is not set, however expect either 12 or 24 hours.

we considered many variables, keeping league activity up was a primary goal.
Kareem R
(9:31:36PM): watching them lose games like this in regulation is chicken soup for the soul bitch monkey
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: **Important Dates Decided from CC**

Post by hong57 »

Thanks for the confirmations... you guys will just be stuck for a little bit during my picks.. hehe
#91 - John Tavares
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

hong57 wroteCOLONThanks for the confirmations... you guys will just be stuck for a little bit during my picks.. hehe
If you know your not going to be around to make your picks, give Scott a list of your rankings, so it doesnt hold everything up.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONThanks for the confirmations... you guys will just be stuck for a little bit during my picks.. hehe
If you know your not going to be around to make your picks, give Scott a list of your rankings, so it doesnt hold everything up.
I might have one, I might not. I think "drafting" live is different... if everyones picking def.. i might wan the BDA.. if everyones picking a forward, and i need a forward, i will pick BFA.. but anyway, i will try provide a brief list when draft approaches..

but i guess i am the only one who have problem sitting infront of the comp for a few hours during that period

just fyi, ur draft starts at 12.. i slp at 1.. my picks at 13.. if it goes 6 picks per hour.. then u can wait for 6 hours when i woke up for work... if everyone has no life and is 12 picks per hour perhaps i can pick before i slp.. if its slowly done 3 picks per hour.. then u only to have to wait for like 3 hours before i wake up..

and so if you want can you postpone it to start at 3 or 4pm est (that's like only noon for western area.. at 12est means they hav to wake up at 9 to make their picks..)? so u don't have to wait that long.. unless u guys are trying to actually rush it and want finish 1 round per day...
#91 - John Tavares
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Take as long as you need hong, we have the entire summer. That's why there is a 24 hour rule.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

24 hour rule

picks don't need to be made in 10mins this year. I was pissed last summer when Budish was auto-drafted for me right away. Don't get me wrong, i love Budish but when he's autodrafted 10 mins into my pick it just doesnt seem right when we have a 24 hr rule.

So don't worry Hong, lots of time this year.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Why is the rule 24 hours now? Last year took forever, and we had a 12 hour rule in place...24 Hours is FAR too long, imo.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONWhy is the rule 24 hours now? Last year took forever, and we had a 12 hour rule in place...24 Hours is FAR too long, imo.
Somebody mentioned 24 hours, that's why I said it.

We are also a LOT more active with a year into it. Everybody cares. I think it'll be okay.

But, I don't make these decisions.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

im with shep

we have all summer, but again, we don't make the rules
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

good job boys, excited for the draft!
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

So ours starts Wednesday at noon and the real draft is Friday at whenever right?

Excellent.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to