DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Shoalzie »

Kind of a surprised to see three of the four games last night be so one-sided. Impressive win for the Leafs...watched that game most of the four. Can't see the Lightning power play be that inept for very long but the Leafs have a very good PK.

The Leafs never seem to struggle getting 3 wins...it's how you get that 4th win is the killer. Beating the defending champs four times won't be easy but it looked easy last night.

How great is it to have playoff full houses in Canada again? I bet Calgary will crazy tonight. Edmonton is always a good playoff atmosphere. Love the way the games are scheduled...twin doubleheaders with a 30 minute stagger.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Panthers in 5
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 5
Rangers in 7

Avalanche in 6
Blues in 6
Flames in 4
Kings in 6

I was torn between Wild and Blues, but after last night I'm picking St. Louis
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

That was one of the better games of hockey I’ve seen the leafs play. Marner and matthews just buzzing everywhere. Gotta love to see it.

I honestly could not tell you the last time I heard the arena that loud either. Goosebump inducing stuff
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Cautiously optimistic after last night, was a lot of fun to watch.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

KapG wroteCOLONI honestly could not tell you the last time I heard the arena that loud either. Goosebump inducing stuff

That's one of the things we didn't have the last two years...the proper home ice atmosphere. That was a great crowd in Toronto. This feels like the first proper playoffs we've had in a few years. It just wasn't the same with only the arenas in the States having fans last year.

I'm super jealous of not having the Wings in the playoffs right now. Attending a playoff game when I could...that live atmosphere is addictive. It takes on such a different tone compared to game 82.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I watched the 3OT NYR-PIT game last night.

Great back and forth action. Shots 83-68 Pens.

Casey DeSmith had to leave in the 2nd OT with leg cramps. Louis Domingue comes in cold and stops 17 shots in 16:40.''

Malkin wins it with a stick deflection.

Fuck I love playoff hockey!!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I was fading after the 2nd OT so I went to bed which always guarantees the game will end in the next OT.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI was fading after the 2nd OT so I went to bed which always guarantees the game will end in the next OT.
I seem to sleep better, the later I go to bed. (fucking old age)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

dave1959 wroteCOLON Fuck I love playoff hockey!!
yeah it's something else
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Three teams had redemptions from Game 1 loss but I try to avoid making broad-stroke opinions on series until after Game 3 when the series has had games played in both arenas.

I had Blues-Wild and Leafs-Lightning as an even back-and-forth series so I'm not shocked by the splits but I'm more surprised by some of the one-sided results so far.

Domingue getting the crease tonight in Game 2...very important game for the Rangers to win tonight.

I would expect the Panthers to have a better showing tonight but sometimes these veteran battle-tested teams like the Capitals are tough matchups for upstarts like Florida.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

sucks to see a series killed by a bogus call
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's hard to get a grasp on the complexion of most of these series because each game seems to have their own personality. The Avs being up 3-0 against backup goalies is the only series I think I know what is happening and why. To be fair, the Preds have looked better in Game 2 and 3 compared to the massacre in Game`1.

The Lightning are definitely on brand with their ability to respond from a loss but if they trade wins and losses with the Leafs, the Leafs just take this in 7. No team has really grabbed that series by the throat.

The upset alert sirens are starting to go for the Panthers and Flames but wins in Game 4 can change their outlook. Boston got a huge win yesterday without McAvoy.

I don't like the term "random" when it comes analyzing the playoffs in this current cap/parity era. There are teams that are perceived better than others but it can come down to strong goaltending on a given night or just getting off to a good start in a game or riding the emotion of a home crowd. It's not really random...I think we're just seeing in a 7-game series that both teams aren't that different. It can come down to doing the simple things right and avoiding the big mistakes.

With scoring up right now, you can't really say a goalie is dominating a series but I think the Bruins going with Swayman over Ullmark has made a difference. Oettinger looks like a goalie that is giving the Flames fits right now but it's been a pretty well played series by both goalies. You watch Mike Smith have a gaffe that costs the Oilers Game 1 but he plays well in Game 2 and 3 but the Oilers offense is basically winning the series. Who expected to see Quick come out and shut out the Oilers last night?

Bottom line is you can't really pick up on trends...momentum is specific to each game. The Avs seem to be the only team in firm control of a series.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Go Tampa!
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Kerfoot is a fucking moron
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

LETS GO TAMPA!!!!!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Look at these losers cheering for Tampa just cause they can’t take Toronto winning. Fucking wankers. Kerfoot is a fucking moron btw
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

I was raised to hate the Leafs. Like legit hate lol. I'd rather see the Bruins or an other American team fornthat matter to win the Cup than the Leafs!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's hard to actively dislike other teams when my team stinks right now. Only teams I ever actively disliked would've been the Blackhawks in the early 90s back in the Norris Division days and the Avalanche during the peak of the rivalry.

The Leafs have Game 7 in their arena...they've been trading wins back and forth...I'm leaning 60/40 that the Leafs get it done but that's a lot to ask when this group hasn't been able to get over this hump and it's against the defending champs.

From a hockey fan point of view...three Game 7s on Saturday and probably some on Sunday...I love it.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONI was raised to hate the Leafs. Like legit hate lol. I'd rather see the Bruins or an other American team fornthat matter to win the Cup than the Leafs!
The feeling is mutual wrt the Habs, don’t worry >:)
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to