Google Sheets (2021 Release)

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Google Sheets (2021 Release)

Post by Matthew »

This is wicked. Big step up from previous editions. I wonder who is gonna be on the cover.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Is there a way to look at other teams 2021 googledoc so we can tell how much cap space/contracts they have?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLONIs there a way to look at other teams 2021 googledoc so we can tell how much cap space/contracts they have?

That's basically the summary page I want to compile where I reference the lineup info off everyone's sheets. Now that everyone has their own sheets, I can start putting that together. There's a few other things I want to get done prior to the waiver draft before I put that together but that's in my immediate plans.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I just did a big update with birthdates and refreshed some positions. I'll still work on getting those right before the roster submission.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Are the little red boxes gone that we used last year? The ones thet we just checked off…Really made things a lot easier. Doing every position by drop down seems like it’s going to take a lot longer.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass or come across as ungrateful. This is awesome stuff. Was just so much easier setting the lineups on my phone that way.

Edit: is there any way I can get a copy of last years mobile version to run or would it not be integrated with everything ??
Last edited by 3 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI just did a big update with birthdates and refreshed some positions. I'll still work on getting those right before the roster submission.
2 I've noticed:
I have Zuccarello listed as a C, and Hintz as a W, should be the opposite
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Cedric Paquette needs to go from C to W
Yanni Gourde needs to go from W to C
Drysdale goes to a sliding contract
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI just did a big update with birthdates and refreshed some positions. I'll still work on getting those right before the roster submission.
2 I've noticed:
I have Zuccarello listed as a C, and Hintz as a W, should be the opposite

Position stuff will get resolved in the week or so. Big thing for me is have the waiver draft ready to roll for tomorrow.

Last night, the big thing I was missing was birthdates for a few dozen rookies/prospects. They finally got assigned the sliding contract status. A lot of players on your roster are now showing up with the proper designation. It affects a lot of teams' contract counts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

KapG wroteCOLONAre the little red boxes gone that we used last year? The ones thet we just checked off…Really made things a lot easier. Doing every position by drop down seems like it’s going to take a lot longer.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass or come across as ungrateful. This is awesome stuff. Was just so much easier setting the lineups on my phone that way.

Edit: is there any way I can get a copy of last years mobile version to run or would it not be integrated with everything ??

The shortcut I've created is utilizing your Fantrax lineup.

I did think about designing a "mobile version" of this like before but it basically requires to completely separate build of this sheet. The point of these sheets aren't to make sure you guys actually fill out your lineups...it's to make sure you guys are using legal lineups because Fantrax can only do so much.

If you or anyone has a problem using these sheets, let me know and we can come up with a compromise. I'm doing my absolute best to reduce the amount of work on your end.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONAre the little red boxes gone that we used last year? The ones thet we just checked off…Really made things a lot easier. Doing every position by drop down seems like it’s going to take a lot longer.

The shortcut I've created is utilizing your Fantrax lineup.

I did think about designing a "mobile version" of this like before but it basically requires to completely separate build of this sheet. The point of these sheets aren't to make sure you guys fill out your lineups...it's to make sure you guys are using legal lineups because Fantrax can only do so much.

If you or anyone has a problem using these sheets, let me know and we can come with a compromise. I'm doing my absolute best to reduce the amount of work on your end.
No worries Shoalzie, I don’t want you to have to go through any more work. It’s just a little more difficult doing this all on mobile this year after having such a perfect and easy to use setup last season. I will try my best to get used to this one…you’ve already done more than enough!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

There were a few goals I had in mind with this next version of the sheet. In recent years when teams don't fill out their lineups in Google...we had no easy to verify if they were actually using a legal lineup.

As I was telling Mik...I'm going to collect lineup info off Fantrax as often as I can so you guys can just verify your lineups that way.

It's a bit of a different approach to doing this but when we're dealing with 32 teams and thousands of players...I'm trying to make the sheets do most of the work...not us. The concept of using these sheets for checking or filling out lineups is a redundancy.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The Google docs seems to be moving sooo much faster with the new setup. Gracias
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

What's funny is I had a few things I was going to implement behind the scenes this weekend that is meant to help this information load faster but good to know it's working well so far.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Just noting that I'm missing some players and waiver picks on my page. Not sure if you're done updating yet, but wanted to point it out.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup. Anything related to the waiver draft will be addressed tonight.

I'm normally on top of this stuff earlier in the summer but so much of my recent weeks has been put towards updating contract info and completing these new sheets.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Cool. Not trying to harass you, for sure.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Just got to playing around with the new Google Sheets. Wow. Amazing work Shoalzie - really quite impressive stuff!!!!!

I wish that we could be able to play with the other team`s google sheets without being able to save our changes. Would be a cool tool to have.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Just a heads up, Fantrax is showing duel éligibilité for positions and some of my wingers are showing as centers so I'm not able to fix my week 1 sheet. Notables, Aston-Reese, Cogliano and Thomas.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

DApolloS wroteCOLONJust a heads up, Fantrax is showing duel éligibilité for positions and some of my wingers are showing as centers so I'm not able to fix my week 1 sheet. Notables, Aston-Reese, Cogliano and Thomas.
Fixed.

Aston Reese and cogliano made into wingers.
Thomas qualifies as a center.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

If fantrax is supposed to be completely updated with position eligibility, my Hawks team has several c/w and even a w/d player.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to