Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

2021-22 Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

I just wanted to pass along a quick update on sheets for next season. The revised sheets for this coming season are still in progress. Just so you guys have something to work with, I'll be sending out last season's PC style sheet so you can fill in your lineup and figure out where you at with the salary cap.

My plan is to get those temporary sheets in your hands this coming weekend.

The revised sheets are going to have Fantrax lineup tracking integrated into the weekly sheets. Essentially, we'll have the ability to confirm your Google lineup and Fantrax lineups match and they're all cap compliant. It'll be easier to explain once those are ready for roll. I'm thinking either the end of August or early September. I can't give an exact date because my free time varies due to family and work.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Re: 2021-22 Google Sheets

Post by thom54 »

beast
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

shoalzie def tells his wife hes going to do "work" and then fires this up
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

can't wait to see them
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

There's a few self-indulgent visual improvements. The big thing is improving how the information is fed to the sheets and the Fantrax integration.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

As I said, this is temporary but I have a book setup with a sheet for each team. Each manager has editing access to their respective sheet. I have them arranged in conference/division order. Red is East and blue is West.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Nothing flashy, same-ish sheet from last season. This is not your official sheet...you can use it if you want. I figured this was easy for me to just have you guys all in the same sandbox for now. If something is wrong with a sheet, I can edit them all in one place.

I have a lot of contracts to update but I'll knock those out in the next week or so.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Looks great, thanks again Scott
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONAs I said, this is temporary but I have a book setup with a sheet for each team. Each manager has editing access to their respective sheet. I have them arranged in conference/division order. Red is East and blue is West.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Nothing flashy, same-ish sheet from last season. This is not your official sheet...you can use it if you want. I figured this was easy for me to just have you guys all in the same sandbox for now. If something is wrong with a sheet, I can edit them all in one place.

I have a lot of contracts to update but I'll knock those out in the next week or so.
hey bro
my players are not all showing up on it though (marchment, kero, tatar etc), and also, the position is not updated for Jost whos supposed to be a C (0.45 FOR)
due soon to come?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Positions always get screwed up during the offseason between what I had listed and what's on Fantrax. Mik and I will get that squared away.

I'm noticed with my team that any player I haven't updated their contract info, they won't show up in the free agent lists but they are on your roster. They'll appear as contract player when I get salary and term entered. I'm doing a round of salaries tonight...I'll be doing those throughout the week.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

My sheet has no check box for me to choose players, and thus Im unable to edit it at all.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Everyone got the "PC" version so you guys have enter the names into the lineup manually. In cells B2:B37, you can enter names in your lineup.

If you can't actually type the names, let me know. I gave everyone editing rights to just their team sheet but you can view all the other sheets.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Figured I'd make this easier for you guys...all the players I have to enter salaries for, I just made them all signed in the eyes of my database so they'll appear as contracts for your roster. I'll get the actual contract terms plugged in so you'll see their AAV soon.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Everytime I try typing the names, it just tells me it's an invalid formula. These sheets make me feel so stupid sometimes.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

DApolloS wroteCOLONEverytime I try typing the names, it just tells me it's an invalid formula. These sheets make me feel so stupid sometimes.
Nevermind. Figured it out. Just missing players is all, but I've got the hang of it.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

We are not worthy of you Shoalzie!!!!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

DApolloS wroteCOLON
DApolloS wroteCOLONEverytime I try typing the names, it just tells me it's an invalid formula. These sheets make me feel so stupid sometimes.
Nevermind. Figured it out. Just missing players is all, but I've got the hang of it.

It looks like you've got it figured out.

How I typically set up these lineup sheets, you're only able to enter names of players under the "CONTRACTS" heading. Those are players with an active contract (anyone signed for 2021 and beyond).

"RESERVE LIST" (unsigned prospects) and "FREE AGENTS" (unsigned veterans) are the category of players that you can't enter into a lineup since they have no current contract information.

I've defined prospects as players that have never signed a NHL contract and then I split them up by whether or not they're currently affiliated with an NHL team (if they are currently on an NHL team's reserve list).

With free agents, they're any player that previously signed an NHL contract but isn't signed to a contract for the current NHL season. Then I'll split them up by UFA and RFA status.

The way this current sheet is set up, you won't see any names in the "MUST CLEAR WAIVERS" category until you enter 10 players into your lineup. Those are any players not in your lineup that would have to clear waivers before going to the minors. The waiver wire doesn't open until final roster submission time in October.

"SLIDING CONTRACTS" only apply if you have any prospects that fit our league requirement. Those signed players won't count towards your 50 contracts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Trying to get another group of contracts done tonight and then I'll be out of town for the weekend. Little B and I are going to visit my dad. He's excited about we're going via train...I'm glad I don't have to deal with highway construction.

I'll be back Monday evening.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I worked a little bit on sheet stuff on the Monday holiday. I'm finalizing my stuff involving Fantrax. I'm hoping in the next two weekends I can have something ready to roll out. Most of my work involves being able to import lineup info from Fantrax and feed that into a table that is fed into your weekly sheet. That's most of the remaining details I'm ironing out.

As I've said, the act of filling out your sheet will become optional. The idea is either you fill in your sheet manually and then I'll have your Fantrax lineup also fed into the sheet to compare to make sure those names match. Or you don't fill out the sheet and I just take the names off Fantrax and feed those into your sheet to calculate your salary cap and other important information. One way or another, the idea is to make sure the lineups you use in Fantrax are legal. The Google sheet is basically used for info tracking purposes.

Contracts are close to done. Most of you probably have a few names missing salary info but I might be able to fully caught up after this week. The major contracts have already been addressed...it's down to some entry level deals and AHL players on league-minimum deals.

Once the new sheets are ready, you guys can start working towards having your lineup ready for roster submission day. That will be in early October. The final date will be announced soon along with the start date of the waiver draft.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Sounds amazing Scott. I think we need to get you a salary!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

In the home stretch before the season...less than a month away.

At about 90% on the build of the sheet...made great progress this weekend. I think I've got the Fantrax part figured out. Just adding a few more bells and whistles and I could get these out to you guys by some time next week.

I'll have some work on the database side and I know there's some position questions I keep getting. I'll work with Mik on making sure players have the correct position eligibility.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to