Re: Vaccines

Post by DApolloS »

Hopefully we can stop social distancing soon
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

As of July 1st, masks are no longer mandatory in BC.

I probably would have preferred a few more months of masks until majority get double vaxed.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

First shot of Moderna kicked my ass. Second shot in next week at work.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONFirst shot of Moderna kicked my ass. Second shot in next week at work.
Chuck, you might have a rough time with second dose if you had a rough go on the first. I had an extremely difficult time with muscle soreness after my first Moderna shot. The 2nd one made me feel like a truck had run over me multiple times :(. Took me 3 full days/nights to feel betterZ
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Still waiting for my second Pfizer shot, had some should/arm soreness some hours after my first one, zero symptoms otherwise
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

2nd Pfizer yest.
Woke up this morning with a. Very sore arm.
No other symptoms as of yet.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Seems like more symptoms are being felt from the moderna shot.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

bills09 wroteCOLONSeems like more symptoms are being felt from the moderna shot.
You could be right. My parents got their 2nd Pfizer a month ago and they were fine outside of being tired. In fact, my pops had unlimited energy he said lol.

That said, a colleague at work got Pfizer and she was so sick she was puking everywhere after 2nd shot. First did a real number on her too
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

KapG wroteCOLON
bills09 wroteCOLONSeems like more symptoms are being felt from the moderna shot.
You could be right. My parents got their 2nd Pfizer a month ago and they were fine outside of being tired. In fact, my pops had unlimited energy he said lol.

That said, a colleague at work got Pfizer and she was so sick she was puking everywhere after 2nd shot. First did a real number on her too
Wow. I guess it affects everyone differently
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Matthew wroteCOLONAs of July 1st, masks are no longer mandatory in BC.

I probably would have preferred a few more months of masks until majority get double vaxed.
They’ll come back likely. USA is reinstating then as delta variant starts poking up. Hopefully our vaccination rates are up near 80%. That may really limit a “4th wave”
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

i got Moderna first shot back in may

had a sore arm that tuesday evening and overnight

saturday i felt tired and almost hung over all day. had a big nap in the afternoon

sunday i was good.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

dave1959 wroteCOLONi got Moderna first shot back in may

had a sore arm that tuesday evening and overnight

saturday i felt tired and almost hung over all day. had a big nap in the afternoon

sunday i was good.

Sounds like a similar experience for me. All people over 16 in Michigan could get shots starting in April. I scheduled my shots for a Friday afternoon when we were still restricted from working in the office on Fridays. Got the Moderna shot at a local Rite Aid.

First shot was fairly uneventful...had a dull pain in my arm for a day. 4 weeks later for the second...just like Dave's experience...similar arm pain and felt flu-ish all day Saturday. Felt good by Sunday.

Once we got up to 55-60% vaccination rate state-wide and the cases dropped like a stone. The state has essentially reopened. It does feel good to be able to do more the virus isn't 100% gone.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Got my Pfizers in April. 1st one was fine tiny bit of arm soreness. 2nd one knocked me out for the day. Feverish, chills, body aches. Woke up the following day and felt perfectly fine, was honestly the strangest thing.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Super interesting to hear the American perspective on the vaccine roll out. So different than what we are experiencing in Ontario
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Once a plan was actually put into place, we did an absolutely excellent job here in getting shots into arms. Our problem now is far more about people not wanting them rather than not having them available. At this point, if you’re in the US and you’re not vaccinated, it’s because you can’t be (too young, medical issues, etc) or you are just willfully anti vaccine.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

We're basically mask free around the state and new cases got as low as double digits. It's hovering around 100-200 recently. Michigan had one of the worst surges in the country in the spring. The shots are working...people can think what they want. I knew life wouldn't get back to normal until we started vaccinations.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Ontario is about 150-250 new daily infections right now.
Still massive restrictions

We just opened barber shops and salons 2 days a go

Ontario currently sits
78% of population one dose
44% of population fully vaccinated.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Wow, we are up to 44% fully vaccinate? I knew we had been trending upwards quite fast, since our less than stellar rollout, but I didn’t know it was that good.

We’ve done a really good job as of late. The problem is that we were not producing any vaccines on our own and relying on imports. That’s inexcusable and dates back to I think Mulroney. Anyways, it shouldn’t be a problem anymore as I think we are going to be building a very large facility for this type of thing.

Hoping we get some more freedom now.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

We have been doing over 200k vaccines a day for the past week or so.
Horrible start but we have done well of late.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Is there a target number the local government wants?

Michigan wanted around 55%. They lifted all restrictions and that was shortly after the CDC loosened restrictions on fully vaccinated people. It's as normal as things have been since last March.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to