2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Da_Hawks »

Bruyns wroteCOLONTampa better win tonight, I don't think I can deal with Toronto media/fans if the final is Montreal against Lou and the Tavares-less Isles.
I think this is exactly what needs to happen. Lou winning the cup would be the ultimate fuck you to the analytics idiots out there thinking the new fresh concepts and skil/skill/skill are going to win. They won't. Hockey will always be hockey. Bring the mixture and a good system, or don't even bother.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Lou hasn't really done anything though. He traded Toews for 2 2nds which was a bad trade and overpaid Martin and Komarov. The Palmieri + Zajac for a 1st trade has worked out if they win. The core of that team came from Garth Snow and I think a lot of the credit for winning goes to Trotz.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Bruyns wroteCOLONLou hasn't really done anything though. He traded Toews for 2 2nds which was a bad trade and overpaid Martin and Komarov. The Palmieri + Zajac for a 1st trade has worked out if they win. The core of that team came from Garth Snow and I think a lot of the credit for winning goes to Trotz.
And Lou brought in Trotz, right?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONLou hasn't really done anything though. He traded Toews for 2 2nds which was a bad trade and overpaid Martin and Komarov. The Palmieri + Zajac for a 1st trade has worked out if they win. The core of that team came from Garth Snow and I think a lot of the credit for winning goes to Trotz.
And Lou brought in Trotz, right?
That would be his best move it seems.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

It's all about Trotz and the team buying into the system. Lou has made some good moves (and some poor ones too) but it's all about Trotz that the team is where they are currently. On paper they're not going anywhere but the results speak for themselves. A Cup to end the run at the Barn here would be amazing.

Tonight is gonna be tense AF to watch
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

At least if the habs win we can say it was during a covid season where everything was fucked up
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Can't believe it's been almost 30 years since a Canadian team won the cup.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLONCan't believe it's been almost 30 years since a Canadian team won the cup.
I’ll be cheering for Tampa or long island
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONCan't believe it's been almost 30 years since a Canadian team won the cup.
I’ll be cheering for Tampa or long island
Same. Oddly, I feel like the Isles have a better chance at beating them.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Defensive hockey isn't for everyone but I liked last night's game and obviously the comeback for the Isles on Wednesday was fun because they were the home team.

Both teams want to get the first goal and put the clamps on the other team. What's funny is I think both teams have some skill and talent but they're strong from the net out and both teams would love to win a 1-0 or 2-1 game. If that ends up being our cup final...I'll give it a chance to be entertaining rather than hand-waving it. I like the Bell Centre having more fans...that's a decent atmosphere but the Coliseum is a literal madhouse. Game 1 of the finals at the Coliseum will be great. Them closing out the building with or without another title would be memorable.

Tampa's killer power play against the Canadiens' PK would be a great chess match and I think the clash of styles would be entertaining. As the playoffs have gone on...the Canadiens are growing on me as far as being a decent watch on TV. When they want to attack, they're fun to watch. Caufield is the real deal. He was awesome in college but he's almost showing out in the playoffs the way Makar came in right the Avalanche when he debuted. He's very noticeable out there.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

yeah. Also to Lou's credit it seems when he is in charge of a team that team is given permission to have at least a player go around injuring the best opponents without even getting penalized.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLON
yeah. Also to Lou's credit it seems when he is in charge of a team that team is given permission to have at least a player go around injuring the best opponents without even getting penalized.
Easy to do when all the euros fold like twigs
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Lindros was European and soft? news to me.

Stamkos another Euro I guess, Crosby too probably
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLONLindros was European and soft? news to me.

Eastern Canadians and Americans are Euro-ish.

Western Canadians are the only non-euros in North America.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONLindros was European and soft? news to me.

Eastern Canadians and Americans are Euro-ish.

Western Canadians are the only non-euros in North America.
Thought it was just the prairie kids that were non euros.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Superstud gourde gives lightning the lead
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I will be excited to see things back to normal next fall but it was a trip seeing the Canadiens accepting the Campbell Bowl and the fact two division foes are facing off in the finals.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Vasi vs Price in this final feels like Thomas vs Luongo in 2011. Looking forward to it
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI will be excited to see things back to normal next fall but it was a trip seeing the Canadiens accepting the Campbell Bowl and the fact two division foes are facing off in the finals.
100% lame that the Canadians get to hang a western conference banner
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

One of the few trophies we hadnt won. Pretty sweet!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to