Re: BBKL 2021 Power Rankings

Post by thom54 »

yessss.... thank you so much
tbone
PostsCOLON 349
JoinedCOLON Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by tbone »

Good read Matt, yes been trending down for a couple of years, from 6th in 2019 to 11th, and now 16th. Losing three older heavy peripheral D will do that. Made a push back then selling futures, but tough to break through against the top dogs, particularly with you and TOR ahead of me in the division in previous years. And with the expansion draft coming, didn't make sense to load up more on a middling team. So yes, been trying to restock my spec pool more and do think my pipeline is starting to take shape, always did enjoy building through the draft more.

So exactly where I want to be this year, just high enough with a chance at the playoffs and keep it interesting (like Tony, loath a total teardown). But low enough to get a decent shot at top talent with my 1st. So more in re-tooling mode and hope for more of my specs to progress further next season. Helps to have a few FAs like Appleton, Rooney and Roy - all of which I picked up for free making a decent contribution now too.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Thanks for the write up and being generous for the 13th spot... but i do believe my team can be top 10, if not for the fking china virus lol............................... yeah... fk china virus making me having close to 0 goalie GP all the weeks.......................... if im getting some goalie GP back i shd make the playoffs hopefully LOL...
#91 - John Tavares
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Fun read. Looking forward to reading the rest of these.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Bruyns having a difficult time deciding whether to put Buffalo or Anaheim first place. :P
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Finally done
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Happy with my location. Great job, Matt.

Definitely glad you gave Nashville a lower ranking this year. Sooooo overrated :)
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Hard to argue with the top 10, though I would think the order would be slightly different based on the criteria used to rank teams.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

"In professional leagues they sometimes argue whether a player is HOF worthy based on their playoff or lack of playoff success and although Mik is unquestionably an elite GM in our league until he breaks through he will continue to have the dark cloud over him and questions about if he is willing to sacrifice and lose trades to turn his almost unbeatable team into an unbeatable one."

hah, putting some pressure I see :D but I won't crack!

I mean, I made the mistake to pay for marginal improvements at the deadline in the past, in deals that turned out to be complete disasters, actually setting me back in terms of chances to win in the short term...
and the way this league is set up it's kinda pointless anyway: with 1-week matchups and without the chance to sub players, if I keep getting guys injured in the first game of the week (or even ahead of the 1st game but after roster lock) it's not worth to overspend to have a better chance, luck will always be a more important factor anyway :P
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Don’t improve marginally, go out and overpay for elite cheap talent and deplete your minors. I get it though, there’s no guarantees and I’ve beat Steve with a weaker roster in the finals twice.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Bruyns wroteCOLONDon’t improve marginally, go out and overpay for elite cheap talent and deplete your minors. I get it though, there’s no guarantees and I’ve beat Steve with a weaker roster in the finals twice.
It'll never happen.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Thanks Matt! Bishop returning should help raise me up from playing two backups ... but ya... fuck going through your buzzsaw team isn't a reason for optimism unless i can add a serious impact player ...not just another of my collection of 'solid - very good' guys.

Maybe Bennett is finally traded and I get Playoff Bennett to emerge!
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Great read
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to