33%

Total votesCOLON 15

kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: U.S. Election

Post by kyuss »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
dave1959 wroteCOLONwhat amazes me is that out of 330 million people, these are the two choices to lead the country.

same back in 2016 when it was Trump and Clinton...
Seconded. This is the best two options Americans can come up with to potentially lead their country??? Corrupt insan-o vs corrupt pedophile.
is there any substance to this? I mean, aside from Biden holding some children in public pictures or his son partying with some underage girl (which are not substance).

You would think Trump and his crew would be all over this if they had some facts to back up this theory. Like, they would have brought up some sort of proof in the past weeks to swing the talk from the pandemic disaster to the other candidate's shameful behaviour...
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Not that i enjoy talking politics but it is part of our lives that influences us so much.. but yet normal citizens like myself have little to no power except coming out for protests and casting my vote.. but I think an important aspect of discussing politic is respecting others view.. Since it is a topic that we can't avoid.. i am very open in discussing but also respect for not discussing it..
And yes it is funny out of 300mil ppl it is this trump who got selected in 2016.. of coz the president doesn't make most decision himself but the guys behind the scenes thinking for him.. i hope the next president have the good minds to lead everyone to a better world.. given US is still has the most influence in the world.
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If the public backlash of the current president gets more people out to vote, then good...but they shouldn't have to be convinced to participate. As I always like to say, if you didn't vote...you can't really complain.

My wife, young son and myself will visit town hall this evening to vote. The event is a circus but it's still an important act everyone should make the effort to do. I'll watch the news tonight unless it starts getting crazy. Tonight shouldn't be drama-filled other than the votes being reported. It could the next few days that might force me back into a media blackout.

No matter the results, the sooner we get closure the better. It's wishful thinking tonight will just happen and the world will move on. I think some overzealous citizens will negatively respond to what happens in some fashion. It's unfortunate that anyone would attach way too much of their well-being to this result. It's like taking the results of a game way too far. Sure you can have a rooting interest but keep it civil, please.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONIf the public backlash of the current president gets more people out to vote, then good...but they shouldn't have to be convinced to participate. As I always like to say, if you didn't vote...you can't really complain.

My wife, young son and myself will visit town hall this evening to vote. The event is a circus but it's still an important act everyone should make the effort to do. I'll watch the news tonight unless it starts getting crazy. Tonight shouldn't be drama-filled other than the votes being reported. It could the next few days that might force me back into a media blackout.

No matter the results, the sooner we get closure the better. It's wishful thinking tonight will just happen and the world will move on. I think some overzealous citizens will negatively respond to what happens in some fashion. It's unfortunate that anyone would attach way too much of their well-being to this result. It's like taking the results of a game way too far. Sure you can have a rooting interest but keep it civil, please.
If only any of it actually mattered.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONIf the public backlash of the current president gets more people out to vote, then good...but they shouldn't have to be convinced to participate. As I always like to say, if you didn't vote...you can't really complain.

Good luck.. i wish the best for every country
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Went to bed around 10 with not much figured out...woke up around 5 and it's still undecided. I can't say I'm surprised given the early voting/mail-in voting. Makes one think...if this pandemic was kept under control and we could've had a (relatively) normal election day, we could've had a better chance of knowing who won last night.

Maybe I'm just fatigued by all the identity politics in the country but I'm kind of tired with singling out demographics and worrying about how a group votes. Maybe this is the naïve white guy in me coming out but wouldn't one just vote for what makes sense to you as individual? I can care less what the collective "white community" thinks politically. We all have different issues that appeal to or affect us on a given election cycle. Do certain demographics always gravitate to the same issues and thus make their voting habits more predictable?

I'll keep one eye on what's happening going forward but I voted and hopefully the rest of the votes are counted and this comes to a reasonable conclusion.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie - does Trump do reasonable? You know this is going to get dragged out if he gets declared the loser.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

He's been gearing up to fight the mail-in votes. The crazy thing is he might still win legitimately but throwing up these false accusations and preemptive strikes before the process has played is obviously a bad look. For all that he's done in presidency, what hasn't been a bad look?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

If I am understanding it right, looks like Biden is getting the edge in Michigan and will become the new president as a result (even losing Pennsylvania)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Vegas currently has the odds at 83%-17% for a Biden presidency. (Assuming trump doesn't win in the Supreme Court)
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It does look like Biden did pull ahead in Michigan because of the large number of mail-in voters in Detroit and suburban Detroit that is heavily democrat. If you look at a map of the state, the liberals in the state are clustered around Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor, parts of Lansing, Kalamazoo/Kalamazoo County (a progressive town and a college town) and surprisingly up in the Marquette area in the upper peninsula.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If Biden goes onto win Michigan, Wisconsin and Nevada if he's currently 238...he gets 32 more electoral votes to hit 270 on the nose. Trump winning Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina won't matter.

But of course, it wouldn't be that cut and dry. This will get messy.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

So much drama.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

so i read arizona is still counting the mail-in votes? so which states has been firmed from the swing states except ohio, wis and michigan?
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

im a bit lost which is actually reporting the official confirmed votes.. but nevertheless trump will put up some drama and probably to courts.........
it really looks bad...
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I always find it interesting how media outlets project winners before all the votes count as if to say the voting is predictable. The biggest reason some of the states haven't been awarded to either candidate is the largest cities in the states are still counting. Usually, the metropolitan areas around large cities lean democrat. Look at any state map, the red and blue clusters almost tell you where the population lies in the state. Republican-driven areas are the rural and small towns. I use Michigan as example, the only large population area that leans republican is the Grand Rapids area.

I don't vote absentee so I don't know what the process is and how they incorporate counting those ballots in with the election day in-person ballots. I would've thought they'd count them as they got them but I suppose that information could be leaked before the election and indirectly affect the behavior of voters. I think they didn't start count the mail-in ballots until their deadline for receiving the ballots had passed.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

from twitter:

thought it was kind of neat... couldn't get the gif version to upload
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682