Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Covid 19

Post by Shoalzie »

Congratulations Chuck! It's a weird time out there but don't downplay what good things happen to you or anyone else. I hope the Seguin family is happy and safe.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Congrats chief! Good luck through all of this with the little one and Mom. Hope you have family staying with you to help out.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Congrats Chuck
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

After Felix Potvin? Watta name!

Congrats, Chuck.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Congrats Chuck!
My wife is preggers. Just passed 20 weeks. Trying my best not to get her sick given my exposure... have moved to the basement for the most part
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Congrats Chuck! Some positivity coming from this is always welcome
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Congrats dude. Stay safe there.
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

Congrats Chuck! Stay safe everyone!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Congrats chuck!

Be safe everyone
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So take this for what it is...Trump is in the middle of conference call with the commissioners of the major sports leagues along with Dana White and Vince McMahon. I just want to hack in and listen to what's being said...not in the K'Andre Miller way.

I'm willing to bet Trump is going to nudge the leagues to get back (soonish) but how do you do that for baseball or hockey when Canada is also involved. Vince is running a pre-taped audience-free WrestleMania this weekend.

With major cities in rough shape and all the stay-at-home orders around the country...I don't know what kind of magic act the dear leader has in mind. I don't think he brings them together if wasn't going to inquire on when they could return or how. I doubt that pumpkin head will encourage them to shut the leagues down unless Dr. Fauci has finally knocked sense into him.

Supposedly there will be a briefing about this later today. If anything comes out of this, I'll be stunned.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Figured I'd post in this thread instead of making a separate thread...I got free Wings tickets through work and went to the game last night with Mrs. S. The COVID fan experience is pretty weird. On top of that, that my first time at LCA.

My takeaways:

It felt good to be out doing something like this even with less than 1000 fans there. I haven't been to a sporting event in a couple years. I haven't seen the Wings in-person since the Joe closed.

With less fans, obviously it's a lot easier to park, get in the arena and through lines for concessions and bathroom. It felt like I was at a poorly-attended minor league game.

The canned fan noise over the top of the fans that are there...that was annoying. It did smack of listening to the fan sounds while playing EA Sports NHL games. Sure, it would've been quiet without the extra fan sounds but it almost drowned out the actual sounds the fans would make. I will not miss fake crowd noise when attendance at games is closer to normal again.

Not a lot you can do at the game. Limited concessions available, which I understand. Actually surprised their was an souvenir stand open. You could walk around the arena because they only had fans sitting in the main lower bowl.

Ushers would get on a few fans around where we were sitting if they left their masks off for too long while they eating or drinking. It is annoying to slip your mask on and off between bites and sips.

Seeing all of the tarped off areas in-person, it didn't look as ugly as I pictured it would. We sat 9 rows from the ice. We were a few rows above one of the sponsor tarps on the hard cam side.

Overall, Little Caesars Arena is nice but it lacks the charm of crappy old Joe Louis. I figure you Leaf fans can speak to the difference between the Gardens and the ACC/Scotia Arena. I like new arenas because they are nice to look at and they're roomier. I do admit sitting in the seats, feels like a very intimate setting. I know the capacity is smaller than the Joe. It reminds me a bit of the old Palace of Auburn of Hills. I'm still amazed they recently tore that building down.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to