Trade Deadline Fallout 19-20 GRADES

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Trade Deadline Fallout 19-20 GRADES

Post by thom54 »

Leading up to our deadline who are your teams that get top grades? I'll list a couple

Rebuilder Category:
NYR -Grade A obviously. became really active over the last few months with a clear direction - traded Sheifeleleeleel --> Ratanen, 1st, very nice offensive prospect essentially. Many other moves that did well in a similar vein. Surprised that someone didn't go for Ennis and Smith - but both will retain their value (or improve it with ennis) heading into the offseason.
CLB - Grade D - finally moved Chara .. but ... Kopitar should have been moved 2 offseasons ago.
MTL - Grade B+ - continues to load up on picks and prospects - I feel more moves were missing though - but it's all about timing. I expect a very active draft period. Maybe a contender pushes for Parise finally - dude sure ain't retiring anytime soon.

Contender Category:
LAK - Grade A. just loaded up, "smaller" deal I like the most is the andersson (CGY D), deal that I like the least is Chara (suboptimal playoffs schedule, and starting to sit more games, stats tailing off). Goaltending is a concern.
DAL - Grade A. god damn it my willy! Goaltending is a concern though. He's a mover/shaker!
Buffalo - Grade B+ - made a really nice acquisition from CAR at a reasonable cost - the downside is that both Marchessault and armia have poor playoff schedules.

Twirling, Twirling towards ... wtf?:
NSH -Grade F- at some point depth (like 5 team's worth) has to be converted to maximizing the top ...25? slots? No championships are won for depth. Shiv (where prospects go to die) would disapprove.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Re: Trade Deadline Fallout 19-20 GRADES

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

VGK: Not worth grading
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I sure as fuck wasn't giving Kopitar away!!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Was he ever even on the block? At this point I dont know what contending or transitioning team can even afford to fit him at this point for a rebuilders package.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONWas he ever even on the block? At this point I dont know what contending or transitioning team can even afford to fit him at this point for a rebuilders package.
yes, a few times, and i got shit offers
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

The issue is that the list of contenders you have exhausts the contenders in the league.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONWas he ever even on the block? At this point I dont know what contending or transitioning team can even afford to fit him at this point for a rebuilders package.
yes, a few times, and i got shit offers
Well your pool of suitable trade partners is probably limited at this point and unlikely to get the kind of offers you might have gotten a few years ago. Making it clear he's available is probably helpful too.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Oh Mik tried to upgrade, but typical Mik offers were made. People are wising up to his low-ball tactics.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

thom54 wroteCOLONLeading up to our deadline who are your teams that get top grades? I'll list a couple

Rebuilder Category:
NYR -Grade A obviously. became really active over the last few months with a clear direction - traded Sheifeleleeleel --> Ratanen, 1st, very nice offensive prospect essentially. Many other moves that did well in a similar vein. Surprised that someone didn't go for Ennis and Smith - but both will retain their value (or improve it with ennis) heading into the offseason.
CLB - Grade D - finally moved Chara .. but ... Kopitar should have been moved 2 offseasons ago.
MTL - Grade B+ - continues to load up on picks and prospects - I feel more moves were missing though - but it's all about timing. I expect a very active draft period. Maybe a contender pushes for Parise finally - dude sure ain't retiring anytime soon.

Contender Category:
LAK - Grade A. just loaded up, "smaller" deal I like the most is the andersson (CGY D), deal that I like the least is Chara (suboptimal playoffs schedule, and starting to sit more games, stats tailing off). Goaltending is a concern.
DAL - Grade A. god damn it my willy! Goaltending is a concern though. He's a mover/shaker!
Buffalo - Grade B+ - made a really nice acquisition from CAR at a reasonable cost - the downside is that both Marchessault and armia have poor playoff schedules.

Twirling, Twirling towards ... wtf?:
NSH -Grade F- at some point depth (like 5 team's worth) has to be converted to maximizing the top ...25? slots? No championships are won for depth. Shiv (where prospects go to die) would disapprove.
This was fun to read. Thanks for putting it together!

FWIW the scheifele cycle also saw me get LAK 2nd 2021.

So scheifele ——-> rantanen, lucas elvenes, LAK 2nd 2021, Dallas 1st 2021 (also played a role in me upgrading Connolly to domi as that was part of the Eichel for Kucherov talks. Just got posted separately)

Last two weeks or so saw me lose:

Kovalchuk
Chiarot
Connolly
Eichel
ANA 5th

I added:

LAK 2nd 2021
DAL 1st 2021
Rantanen
Domi
Lucas Elvenes
Lias Andersson
Logan Stanley
Cale Fleury
Nathan Gerbe (for gp)

Have been in talks regarding smith for a couple months with one or two GMs. Just cant get what I wanted. Which is fine. Might sell if for full futures in the offseason. He’s still young enough. Had a couple nibbles on ennis. Nothing substantial at all. Just late picks or mediocre (I’m being nice) prospects. He should get me a decent pick if he re-signs in the offseason somewhere.

Should have an active draft for sure. Also have Yandle to mover. Another guy I could let go for pure futures. So the cupboards are definitely not bare any longer in New York. Adding another premium piece in a few months to go with Tippett, elvenes, pinto, Pelletier, Boldy, firstov, holmstrom, brooks, Joseph, Stanley and Merkley (some other not so big names also like fonstad, ikonen, kotkansalo, Luke Martin, Kemp etc)
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Malette18 wroteCOLONVGK: Not worth grading
didn't have time to grade everyone. But you get an A+ now
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONOh Mik tried to upgrade, but typical Mik offers were made. People are wising up to his low-ball tactics.
you've not been here long enough to know what typical Mik is, you're getting offers from me proportioned to what your roster has to offer. Just because you feel like Georgiev should already be valued as a bona fide young NHL starter doesn't mean whoever is offering less than that value should be treated like some kind of fantasy criminal lol
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

thom54 wroteCOLON Twirling, Twirling towards ... wtf?:
:lol: I was expecting something like this. No problem with it. There are a couple of reasons behind though, it's not like I went AWOL at the deadline like more than 50% of our GMs unfortunately (and this last thing obviously didn't help) or like I was against using some of my depth to upgrade.

The main reason is how BBKL playoffs work.
In the past I made some very bad trades at the deadline, forcing deals only to improve marginally my chances to win it all, just to end up getting fucked by Tuesday's injuries I could do nothing about. I feel like if there was the chance to sub injured players it would make more sense to overspend to marginally increase my chances in the playoff run. The way it is, for teams in my division it is just a crapshot anyway. So unless there was a specific hole to cover (like in case of pre-playoff injury) or a reasonable deal or a perfect fit, I decided to hold my horses.
Obviously at this stage I didn't have a hole in the lineup.
I did identify a perfect fit though, and went hard after such player. My offer was eventually turned out not long before the deadline (in insight, hard to believe it, it also included a lottery pick and I'm actually relieved it got rejected) and at that point there was not much time left or will to go after less convincing options.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Yeah you were cheap as usual. Way to write an essay to confirm what we already know.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Have gotten some good deals off mik. Gotta wait him out lol

Also turned his Connolly waiver fuck up into Domi. Thanks Mik!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONOh Mik tried to upgrade, but typical Mik offers were made. People are wising up to his low-ball tactics.
you've not been here long enough to know what typical Mik is, you're getting offers from me proportioned to what your roster has to offer. Just because you feel like Georgiev should already be valued as a bona fide young NHL starter doesn't mean whoever is offering less than that value should be treated like some kind of fantasy criminal lol
I've been around long enough to know not to trust your offers when they are bad. Nothing good will come from a poor initial offer with you.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I'm legit curious what Mik offered for Giorgiev now lol!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
I've been around long enough to know not to trust your offers
going by your PM replies you should have stopped here :lol:

anyways, considering what's on your team I am not sure that's my loss
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Kyuss truly Is a fantasy criminal lol
along with Steve lol
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
I've been around long enough to know not to trust your offers
going by your PM replies you should have stopped here :lol:

anyways, considering what's on your team I am not sure that's my loss
You approached me, and it was very clear you wanted Georgiev and then proceed to offer me scrub 1 and scrub 2. And then got offended when I told you to get lost.

What sort of reaction did you think you would get? Hey, I want your best pro player, here is a pile of shit. And then 2 mins later - pfft he's not even that valuable, my best offer is two more pieces that don't help you. You didn't even offer a goalie back in the deal and you have three on your roster that are hot turd sandwhiches.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

dam hawks
respekt
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to