GDT - Week 19

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

GDT - Week 19

Post by Matthew »

Week 19 of 21
Playoffs on the way. Trade deadline on the way. Good luck boys.

Teams approaching 65 goalie gp w 3 weeks remaining:
toronto - 59
New jersey - 58
ottawa, Nashville, Colorado - 57

Remember, if you are playing an NHL system you may exceed 65.

Teams who need to get to 35 goalie gp:
dallas - 30
Anaheim - 32
Vegas - 33

Teams in danger of missing 850 skater gp:
Ott - 760
nyr - 727
Chi - 726
Bos - 661
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: GDT - Week 19

Post by CasperX22 »

Think we can comfortably say Bos is going to miss.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Pretty sure I`m also going to miss. The injuries just keep pilling up, and I`ve not the depth to cover.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONPretty sure I`m also going to miss. The injuries just keep pilling up, and I`ve not the depth to cover.
Blackwell for 3rd and gerbe for 4th
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONPretty sure I`m also going to miss. The injuries just keep pilling up, and I`ve not the depth to cover.
Rather miss GP then give up futures for garbage players at this point.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
+1
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
The last place team would rather give up chance at a top 3 pick than pay middle picks for gp pieces? Silliness.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
The last place team would rather give up chance at a top 3 pick than pay middle picks for gp pieces? Silliness.
Yes. Because it`s just rinse and repeat every year. Takes way too damn long to build up any depth because we keep trading our mid picks for one-year wonders trying to hit gp. It`s stupid. I`d rather sacrifice a #1-3 pick and take a 4/5 for a few years and build up the depth. If I miss GP, then I miss GP. Fire me if you must, but I`m saying no to the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I'd ask this - would you trade the #5OA + 5th + 6th or whatever the crap GP pieces cost for the 2nd OA ... that's what i'd be looking at it like. Granted the lottery fools around with things a bit
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Not tanking would be a good start :)

But yeah no point in buying AHL call-ups when your bed has already been made. So you guys are both right and wrong at the same time.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

thom54 wroteCOLONI'd ask this - would you trade the #5OA + 5th + 6th or whatever the crap GP pieces cost for the 2nd OA ... that's what i'd be looking at it like. Granted the lottery fools around with things a bit
Except you cannot acquire decent gp for 5th + 6th round picks - and the ones that you can, are basically AHL call-ups that might get in 10-20 (max) games a year. No, if you want anyone that`s worth a dam, you are paying a 2nd + easily. Now, I am okay with paying a 2nd if I know the player is going to play for me a long time - but people are asking for a 2nd round pick for 33+ year olds whose value is only going to go down. It`s just not going to happen.

I`d rather keep my picks, suffer a little at the draft (everyone knows this Hawks team is going to need another 5 years to rebuild anyways) and let the depth go back into the hands of the teams that need it the most.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I'd argue you should be getting the best pick possible while you are picking at the top of the draft so your high end is super high end. If the rebuild is gonna take 5 years the depth will come eventually. Especially if ur one 5th rounder away from making gp. As the chances are with anything past the 2nd round you are gonna miss on getting a Good NHL'er anyway.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Not all 33+ year olds are created equal. Case in point Getzlaf has still been a useful player for me this year. Also, 5+ years is not a rebuild. No rebuild should go beyond 5 years.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Bbkl isn't the nhl. I think in bbkl going beyond 5 years is acceptable if you aren't starting with much.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

It's not the NHL, but it still shouldn't take that long. By the 5 year mark your 1st draft class should be fully developed for starters. If you don't invest in the draft, then yeah it's going to be hard to rebuild.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIt's not the NHL, but it still shouldn't take that long. By the 5 year mark your 1st draft class should be fully developed for starters. If you don't invest in the draft, then yeah it's going to be hard to rebuild.
Well, for starters - I did not own a 1st round pick in my first year, it was given to someone else - so there`s that. Last year was my first top draft and I lost the lottery - so there is a lot of luck (bad luck) that plays into the duration of the rebuild as well (though I really like Byram).

As well, if the only thing you have to show for your first 3 years or so is only single top pick, your team is still going to suck. You need the extra lotto picks and hope that one or two of them become good, young controllable players. Constantly sending 3-7 round picks for stop gaps cannot work, not when you are a team starting with ZERO depth. It`s going to take time, and potentially sacrificing some top 5 picks along the way to get that depth. It may work - and it may not. Such is the way building through the draft works. Unfortunately, given there is no free agency, there isn`t another way to build in this league given the crazy asking prices for good talent (sometimes justified, often times not) and the lack of talent in the waiver draft most years. I`m okay getting penalized by moving my pick back - but the rules say I can get fired... so just putting it out there now so that the CC has time to evaluate what they want to do.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Lol you aren't getting fired...
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Wew
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew wroteCOLONLol you aren't getting fired...
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONLol you aren't getting fired...
Good. Cuz if things don't progress with my prospects quickly, I may have a few more gp missing years ahead of me.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to