Matthew wroteCOLONAdios, San jose.
:lol:
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

Post by Da_Hawks »

Wonder if the NHL rescinds the match penalty. That would certainly add fuel to the fire.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONWonder if the NHL rescinds the match penalty. That would certainly add fuel to the fire.
:lol: that's one fucking awful call
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shep wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON4 power play goals, 9 to 2 PP advantage. Laughable.
That was such a horrific 5 minute call when you consider everything that has been let go in the playoffs.

Call the 2 minute PP like it should have been and move on. Instead, 5 minute PP ruins the series.
agree that 2 minutes would have been the right call, but it's not like it was a 5 on 3 or something.. vs a 5 minute major you should allow 1 goal, not 4....
the Sharks got a bonus 3' PP, but it's what happened during those minutes that decided the series, not the call per se.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Sharks found a diamond in the rough with this Kevin Labanc kid
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Fantrax says we owe like 80 bucks...or like 2.60 each. Who do we pay to pay for fantrax?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Matthew wroteCOLONFantrax says we owe like 80 bucks...or like 2.60 each. Who do we pay to pay for fantrax?
I think in the past Mike picked it up and we e-transferred him? Everyone can chip in through fantrax, it's fairly easy to pay your team's portion + anyone else's if you're feeling generous.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Shep wroteCOLON
That was such a horrific 5 minute call when you consider everything that has been let go in the playoffs.

Call the 2 minute PP like it should have been and move on. Instead, 5 minute PP ruins the series.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I agree that it should've at least been a cross-check minor or a just roughing minor but I don't see how it needed to be a 5-minute major.

From a Vegas perspective...how about you don't give up 4 goals in less than 5 minutes?

You can disagree with the call but kill off the penalty or at least minimize the damage. They blew a 3-0 lead in the last ten minutes of regulation...that's bad no matter how you slice it.

Hell, if they ended up winning the game in OT...do we have this "contraversy" about the penalty call? To me, it's considered an obstacle you overcome if you're the winning team...if you lost, it's an excuse.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

How bout officials stop making terrible fucking calls?
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

I was actually thinking the other day... why do we need 4 refs on the ice these days? If the linesmen are allowed to call penalties, or at least consult on them, then why not just cut one ref, and give more power to the linesmen. Kind of like soccer, if the linesmen see something they can just blow it down and consult with the ref. If they need video proof, then let Toronto make the final decision or provide support to make the right decision. Something along those lines. It would also remove one person from the ice - which opens up more room for the players (albeit a small amount).

I'd also allow the coaches challenge to extend to reviewing major penalties to avoid another disaster like Vegas.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Tony wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

I feel like your reaction might be slightly bias.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONI was actually thinking the other day... why do we need 4 refs on the ice these days? If the linesmen are allowed to call penalties, or at least consult on them, then why not just cut one ref, and give more power to the linesmen. Kind of like soccer, if the linesmen see something they can just blow it down and consult with the ref. If they need video proof, then let Toronto make the final decision or provide support to make the right decision. Something along those lines. It would also remove one person from the ice - which opens up more room for the players (albeit a small amount).

I'd also allow the coaches challenge to extend to reviewing major penalties to avoid another disaster like Vegas.
The league I coach switched recently from a 3 man system to a 4 man system. There is a lot less "I didn't see it" type explanations because you have 1 guy watching behind the play at all times. I don't think the league want's to go the direction where slashes in behind the play are being reviewed because no one saw it. I think things are more accurate when you have 2 guys focusing on penalties and 2 guys focusing on offsides/icing and not just trying to watch everything at all times. I've never reffed but I'd imagine it's quite difficult as there's a lot going on at high speed.

If Dougie Fordo was running the league maybe this would be his first order of business to slash salaries.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
I feel like your reaction might be slightly bias.

Fuck Vegas. The millenials of the NHL...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

so if I get it right Tortorella has been playing the likes of Clendening, Kukan and Harrington over a healthy Gavrikov.
Hopefully Torts manages to find his way out of the playoffs soon.

Although the perfect ending would be Zucc killing his team in the finals.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Dammit colorado
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Holland in Edmonton is going to be interesting.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Edmonton needs to get rid of their entire office or it will just be more of the same bs.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Matthew wroteCOLONEdmonton needs to get rid of their entire office or it will just be more of the same bs.
He wouldn't take the job without autonomy.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

So has Holland actually done anything good in the salary cap era?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to