Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2019-20 Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

This weekend, I'm going to start sending out the links to you guys so you can begin using your sheets. I'll also get the draft thread posted.

CapFriendly is now recognizing next year in regards to contracts. I'm going by their estimated cap and floor numbers. All the math on your sheets references variables that I can change once we get the official salary cap numbers. Currently, $83 million is the cap and $61.3 million is the floor.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThis weekend, I'm going to start sending out the links to you guys so you can begin using your sheets. I'll also get the draft thread posted.

CapFriendly is now recognizing next year in regards to contracts. I'm going by their estimated cap and floor numbers. All the math on your sheets references variables that I can change once we get the official salary cap numbers. Currently, $83 million is the cap and $61.3 million is the floor.
Thanks Scott, got it and it seems to be working great. Awesome work!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

thx Scott!

A note:
OEL and Da Costa currently show up under UFA rather than signed and unaffiliated
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Now that everyone has a link to their sheet, I'll address the major players who don't have their new contracts entered. Ekman-Larsson falls under that category. I think guys like Seguin and Matthews are among that same group as well. I'll try to knock some of those out today and post the draft selection thread this evening.

My big thing yesterday was when I went through each team's sheet before I shared them with you, I wanted to make sure all your names were appearing. My next task is getting them under the correct category. A lot of that has to do with contract information.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Nylander has a cap hit of 10 when his cap for next season is ~ 6.9
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup, I saw that too...that will be fixed.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

nice work on these sheet man they are beautiful
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLONthx Scott!

A note:
OEL and Da Costa currently show up under UFA rather than signed and unaffiliated

Just a clarification on a player like Da Costa...any player who had previously signed an NHL contract and appeared in at least one game and doesn't currently have an NHL contract will appear as a "FREE AGENT".

Only exceptions are any players that are currently on an NHL team's reserve list (per CapFriendly). For example, I have Ivan Telegin whose contract expired in 2015 but the Jets still owns his rights.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

A few updates to your sheets last night...

I removed the 2019 Entry Draft picks from your "Picks" sheet. I already had the 2021 draft on the sheet so the next two years of entry and waivers are on your sheet. I'll finalize the order in the waiver draft and I need to add the second round picks for the non-playoff teams. "Draft Results" are updated but the team designations won't be updated until next week following the NHL draft.

I changed the cap number to $82 million (per Cap Friendly) even though the final number isn't official. I just need to update the number in one location and it'll update all of your sheets.

Contract info will be an ongoing process as we get closer to July 1 and I'll work on getting the player data entered for all the draftees. I'll formally add them to your rosters next week. I've been made aware of some players having the wrong position designation...I'll be working on that as well.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Thank you, Scott
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Hey Scott, thanks for doing all this.

My sheet has boone jenner as a winger (he is a center)
And william nylander and drake batherson as centers (they are wingers)

Thanks!
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup, I mentioned positions will be addressed.

Just got back tonight...this week I'll work on getting the new NHL draftees into my database and then I'll add our draftees to your rosters.

I've updated the final salary cap figures.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

All the 2019 NHL draftees and undrafted BBKL prospects have been added to your rosters. Your NHL draftees will appear under "Affiliated Prospects" and the undrafted players go under "Unaffiliated Prospects". I'll work on adding their information in the coming days and weeks. Until these players sign their ELC, they'll remain under the prospect category.

I'll work on updating positions for players and I'll get caught up on the last few days of trades and contracts from CapFriendly.

I also noticed a bug on the "Preseason" sheet where if you have more than 90 players, some of your contracted players can't be added to your lineup. I'll correct that tonight.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

should anyone have more than 90 players??
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You can during our offseason. Roster submission is when you need to be back down to 50 contracts and 90 players.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm doing a big update to positions on the database...it'll screw up all your sheets until I'm completed. You might want to steer clear of your sheets for tonight. Thanks.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Just wondering approximately when we will expect to see a final working version
I'm only asking (impatiently) because we need to rely on these to calculate our AAV total and see what moves we need to make to clear/add cap in conjunction to the new cap structure.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Aren't Asians good at math?
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLONJust wondering approximately when we will expect to see a final working version
I'm only asking (impatiently) because we need to rely on these to calculate our AAV total and see what moves we need to make to clear/add cap in conjunction to the new cap structure.

Those sheets have been in your possession since before our draft. Did you not receive the share invite to access it?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I have them
I guess part of the problem is real life rather than the sheets
Need real RFAs to sign...
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to