Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Investing

Post by Arian The Insider »

KapG wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLONI put a little into Bitcoin the other day, expecting to hold for at least a few years.
This kid at work was telling me how he has two Bitcoin at around 16-17k. This was around 3-4 months ago. Kids made so much fucking bank since then lol

I don’t have any...I don’t even know how is go about buying any
I'm upset that I didn't get in earlier.
It just hit an all time high the other day, but there's more and more news coming out about big corporations, banks, and even governments making investments into bitcoin and accepting payment in it.

The new ETF will be cool if the MER is low, provides a way of putting BTC into your RRSP/TFSA.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wroteCOLONGot into upi 2 days ago and it's up over 50% since then. Wish I'd bought more.
Now it's up 100 percent in just a week or so. 3 year highs with some debentures ending this week, so hoping it continues to go hard.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CBDT up 262% in the past month and up 140% in the past week with still TONS of room to grow. If you like healthcare stocks, seriously check this one out. Huge deals and revenues being announced and still only $1.15 as I'm writing this.

Also, I feel like this thread might evolve into a dick measuring contest haha. Mine is up 10%, yeah well mine is up 11%! haha.

Not trying to brag, but I've appreciated the info here so far, thought I'd keep the info mill running with what I think is a great little penny stock with a bright future.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

The one sector that I want some exposure to is Artificial intelligence. This is going to be huge one day.

AI is the ticker of the one I’m looking at.

As for penny stocks, they are for trading, not investing afaic.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

KapG wroteCOLONThe one sector that I want some exposure to is Artificial intelligence. This is going to be huge one day.

Rantanen
For
Benn + 4500 shares of UPI
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLONThe one sector that I want some exposure to is Artificial intelligence. This is going to be huge one day.

Well so far my pennies have all been very good investments. I certainly don't have the time to keep flipping and buying them all - especially at $10 per trade. Also have to be carefuly about trading within a TFSA - don't want the CRA to come knocking at my door!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Every penny stock has been going crazy last 3 months. This is not normal. Run with it while it’s hot tho of course
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLONEvery penny stock has been going crazy last 3 months. This is not normal. Run with it while it’s hot tho of course
There may very well be a penny bubble. My belief is that there are so many new emerging sectors (sports betting, clean energy (again), e-sports, new fintech, etc.) and that penny stocks are simply where most of those companies are.

Time will tell!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Lots of covid tech penny stocks
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONLots of covid tech penny stocks
And cannabis
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONEvery penny stock has been going crazy last 3 months. This is not normal. Run with it while it’s hot tho of course
There may very well be a penny bubble. My belief is that there are so many new emerging sectors (sports betting, clean energy (again), e-sports, new fintech, etc.) and that penny stocks are simply where most of those companies are.

Time will tell!
Do what you will :). Ive been in your position before with penny stock fomo lol. Penny stocks are penny stocks for a reason. They are not long term investments. All those sectors you mentioned have large cap stocks dominating the sectors.

Do some penny stocks get lucky and become large cap stocks? Yes. They are few and far between tho.

Honest question. Are you new(ish) to the markets? I’m not asking that in a condescending way btw. I’m truly curious because I feel If you’ve been around the markets a long time you’d have a different opinion regarding these penny plays
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Time will tell!
Do what you will :). Ive been in your position before with penny stock fomo lol. Penny stocks are penny stocks for a reason. They are not long term investments. All those sectors you mentioned have large cap stocks dominating the sectors.

Do some penny stocks get lucky and become large cap stocks? Yes. They are few and far between tho.

Honest question. Are you new(ish) to the markets? I’m not asking that in a condescending way btw. I’m truly curious because I feel If you’ve been around the markets a long time you’d have a different opinion regarding these penny plays
I started last year - and yes, still lots of learning to do.

However, many of my picks are not dominated by large cap stocks. Some yes - but offer a unique twist. Some no. for example SCR - Draft Kings and PENN have a good foothold on the market, and yet nobody has the dominating presence in Canada like they do - and so a big part of a new market will be theirs for the taking. They also have an agreement with PENN to gain access to the US market. They went from 0.70 to $5 within 5 months or so, and (with a reverse split) are looking at a NASDAQ in the near future.

Thus, plenty of good finds to be had in the pennies, but of course it's certainly a minefield and you can get burned, so buyer beware. So far no losses.

Also - I definitely do not solely own pennies. That would be foolish.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Jordan (VGK) wroteCOLONBoring old etfs
bump :)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONCBDT up 262% in the past month and up 140% in the past week with still TONS of room to grow. If you like healthcare stocks, seriously check this one out. Huge deals and revenues being announced and still only $1.15 as I'm writing this.

Also, I feel like this thread might evolve into a dick measuring contest haha. Mine is up 10%, yeah well mine is up 11%! haha.

Not trying to brag, but I've appreciated the info here so far, thought I'd keep the info mill running with what I think is a great little penny stock with a bright future.
Nice call. Cbdt doubled since u posted this.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

So has another one of my penny stocks - cielo (CMC.CN) - huge revenue potential for these guys as they can take any carbon-based product and turn it into diesel. It's up 230% in the past month.

SCR has not handled the reverse-split very well though... should shoot back up once it hits the Nasdaq and Canada fully approves the legalization of single-game betting.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

$GME
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

I’m up around 55% on BMO and 35% on my CIBC stocks and about 11% on enbridge. My average yield on those is about 7% lmao. Put in a very significant amount (well, for me at least lol)

That was a generational opportunity to buy Canadian banks. Last time that happened was financial crisis of 2007 iirc. Very happy.

I’ll be looking to create positions in Air BnB as a reopening play as well as an industry disruptor much like Netflix, Spotify, Uber al were. Draftkings also and then the last one is C3.AI, inc.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

This week = buy the dips, so we can enjoy the rips.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Half my pennies are hurting hard this week, the other half are hitting all-time highs. Go figure. This market is weird!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Next long term position for my tfsa that I’ll be building up the next few months is air bnb.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to