Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Investing

Post by Bruyns »

Matthew wroteCOLONKontrol Energy (KNR) - Canadian company
Soon to have a name change to Kontrol Technology.

It's speculative right now, but is waiting for csa approval for its biocloud that should come in the next few days, so they can start shipping in November (production line can do up to 20,000 units a month and each unit is worth $12,000)

It detects covid in enclosed spaces such as schools, airplanes, etc. Government officials have been tweeting about it including minister of industry, so probably a big government contract going to be announced after csa approval. Featured on Global national the other night too. 5 bucks right now, but could easily be a 30-50 dollar stock by 2021 if things work out.
I put a couple thousand of extra money I had lying around in a few speculative stocks recently including $500 in XpressSpa at $2.37 that's doing Covid testing in some US airports and looking to expand. Some thought they would get government funding and take off and now they are at $1.92 haha. Was only doing small amounts right now, just like earlier in the thread waiting to sell my house for liquidity. Also seems like a market correction will happen again at some point so I'm hoping that lines up with when I have more cash flow.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Talked XSPA back into the positives haha
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Bet big on tech. It will significantly outpace any other holdings, including any index or ETF.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Robin Hood wroteCOLONBet big on tech. It will significantly outpace any other holdings, including any index or ETF.
Any specific tech sectors you are following? Clean energy, security, distribution, manufacturing (Tesla, EVs in general).
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

If anyone had money invested in SCR - it's on one hell of a run this week. From $0.70 up to $1.32 at one point today.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONIf anyone had money invested in SCR - it's on one hell of a run this week. From $0.70 up to $1.32 at one point today.
Looks like the new legislation expanding online gambling in Canada drove that price action.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONIf anyone had money invested in SCR - it's on one hell of a run this week. From $0.70 up to $1.32 at one point today.
Looks like the new legislation expanding online gambling in Canada drove that price action.
Yup. Both at the provincial and federal levels. Seems like a good bet to pass. Pun intended.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

What are y’all investing in these days. Looking to get into the market.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Dividend stocks in the TFSA

Loaded a bunch of BMO and CIBC back in spring. Recently been buying Enbridge. Trying to get that passive income up.

I really want to get a position established in draftkings too.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Small cap stocks have been my biggest gainers. SCR has been doing great and will continue to go up once legislation passes.

I also have a few passive income stocks like Enbridge, Telus and TD.

Want to find some more clean energy stocks. They have a ton of momentum right now and should ride that for the next little while as we transition further to green.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Boring old etfs
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

I had a good few months

Bought GEVO, BNGO, UAVS and XSPA in September.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I'm no expert, but it feels like a lot of Tech stocks are very overvalued.
Wondering if we're witnessing a bubble, what do you guys think?
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONI'm no expert, but it feels like a lot of Tech stocks are very overvalued.
Feels that way tbh. Some of the valuations are completely insane.

That said, interest rates are still around zero and will be for the foreseeable future and we still have the fed pumping absurd amounts of money into the market so I don’t know if we will see that bubble pop any time soon.
CanadianRednek(TOR)
PostsCOLON 176
JoinedCOLON Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:01 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, Ontario

Post by CanadianRednek(TOR) »

I got into Air Canada and it doing me good. I got in at $18 and as more people get vaccinated it should go back to the $50 it was at before Covid
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Someone smart once said:

"When your fantasy hockey GMs are giving investment advice, there's a bubble"

;)
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

KapG wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLONI'm no expert, but it feels like a lot of Tech stocks are very overvalued.
Feels that way tbh. Some of the valuations are completely insane.

That said, interest rates are still around zero and will be for the foreseeable future and we still have the fed pumping absurd amounts of money into the market so I don’t know if we will see that bubble pop any time soon.
Definitely agree, they are going to keep interest rates super low for quite a while longer
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CanadianRednek(TOR) wroteCOLONI got into Air Canada and it doing me good. I got in at $18 and as more people get vaccinated it should go back to the $50 it was at before Covid
Air Canada likely won't see those numbers for a while. Hold tight on her though!

Still lots of people worried about Covid even with a vaccine. Still so much to be figured out travel wise before people are going on vacation by the millions
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Xebec
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Has been going up of late it seems. Are you saying to buy now or hold for it to drop a bit
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to