BUTTON_POST_REPLY
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Investing

Post by KapG »

Do any of you play the stock markets?

I’m pretty aggressively attacking the cannabis sector right now and for the foreseeable future. Just curious if any of you are doing the same?

I’ve positions in:
Village farms international (vff)
Harvest health and recreation (HARV)
Tilt holdings inc (tilt)
Acreage holdings inc (acrg)

Village farms is my Canadian play right now. The last three are American MSOs that I’m building positions in before shit really takes off down in the states.

My only non cannabis play right now is Twilio (twlo)

Just thought maybe some of you would be interested in discussing this kind of thing :)

If not I’ll just go back to minding my own business lol
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Re: Investing

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Tommy loves this shit
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I prefer less risky stocks. All ready healthy companies with consistent long term upward trends and nice dividend yields.

And DRIPS!

It can be fun to throw a little bit of money at a homerun stock once in a while, sometimes. Goodluck!
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLONI prefer less risky stocks. All ready healthy companies with consistent long term upward trends and nice dividend yields.

It can be fun to throw a little bit of money at a homerun stock once in a while, sometimes. Goodluck!
Well, the cannabis industry is going to be worth 100s of billions when it’s all said and done. I definitely want a piece of that pie. There’s so so much money to be made right now lol

I’ll go dividend route as I get older and closer to retirement :).

I can respect your philosophy though.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I want in, wanted to invest a ton in Canopy when it was at $12 and it's over $90 now. Just dont have the liquidity until I sell my house
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

KapG wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI prefer less risky stocks. All ready healthy companies with consistent long term upward trends and nice dividend yields.

Well, the cannabis industry is going to be worth 100s of billions when it’s all said and done. I definitely want a piece of that pie. There’s so so much money to be made right now lol

Yep...do risky before you turn 50....after that, very little risk for investments.

I only do gic's now
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

ETFs for me
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONETFs for me
Companies such as?

Are you like Matthew and go for dividends? Or are you looking for growth/hyper growth opportunities?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Bruyns wroteCOLONI want in, wanted to invest a ton in Canopy when it was at $12 and it's over $90 now. Just dont have the liquidity until I sell my house
Yah I missed most of the initial runs on the Canadian companies last year and a half. For whatever reason vff has been slept on all that time. It’s run from 5s to 17s last 5 weeks and still only has a market cap of 800million while it’s direct peers are all 1.5billion plus!

Anyways like I said, for me right now the American MSO are where it’s going to be at
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Yep...do risky before you turn 50....after that, very little risk for investments.

I only do gic's now
Yah the idea is to make the bank in the more risky stocks now while I have the chance to make up any big losses that might occur. *fingers crossed that doesn’t happen* lol
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Same.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

KapG wroteCOLON
Companies such as?

Are you like Matthew and go for dividends? Or are you looking for growth/hyper growth opportunities?
I'm 20% in XIC, 80% in XAW

XIC = Canadian market
XAW = rest of the world except Canada (US, Europe, Asia, Emerging Markets, etc)

All equity.

Gives me 2 things:
1.Passive investment since I have no time to do proper research on several companies and industries.

2. Diversification as it's across several industries and around the globe.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

you guys are good. I have zero knowledge in this shit - aka my wife would kill me if i started day trading. Have a good guy who takes care of it all for me...
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Companies such as?

XIC = Canadian market

All equity.

Gives me 2 things:
1.Passive investment since I have no time to do proper research on several companies and industries.

Exact same but VCN instead of XIC. I believe the difference is negligible.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONHave a good guy who takes care of it all for me...
And your money takes care of him.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Yep its true, but I trust he's gonna do a much better job than me. I don't ask my patients to tell me what to do to help them (for the most part)... gonna leave this to the expert.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
Yep its true, but I trust he's gonna do a much better job than me. I don't ask my patients to tell me what to do to help them (for the most part)... gonna leave this to the expert.
It's a weird industry. The experts in financial management normally lose vs. their benchmarks, when you account for their high fees. The low cost index fund approach does it's best to mock said benchmarks for a fraction of the cost.

There's a lot of good all in one type ETFs now where you literally just buy one stock and it does the rest for you. The other option is the robo-advisors like Wealth Simple (Canada), which are a bit more expensive than DIY, but still cheaper than a financial advisor.

IMO anyone with a functioning brain can set up some sort of simple investing strategy, and save themselves that 2.XX%/year over a lifetime. It's worth looking into as the numbers will amaze you.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONyou guys are good. I have zero knowledge in this shit - aka my wife would kill me if i started day trading. Have a good guy who takes care of it all for me...
I don’t day trade lol

I’m a buy and hold investor (which is why I don’t really fuck with penny stocks)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Companies such as?

XIC = Canadian market

All equity.

Gives me 2 things:

Very nice! I can understand the allure of ETFs. I’ve got the free time to do research myself so I like to go that route.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Kontrol Energy (KNR) - Canadian company
Soon to have a name change to Kontrol Technology.

It's speculative right now, but is waiting for csa approval for its biocloud that should come in the next few days, so they can start shipping in November (production line can do up to 20,000 units a month and each unit is worth $12,000)

It detects covid in enclosed spaces such as schools, airplanes, etc. Government officials have been tweeting about it including minister of industry, so probably a big government contract going to be announced after csa approval. Featured on Global national the other night too. 5 bucks right now, but could easily be a 30-50 dollar stock by 2021 if things work out.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to