PLAYOFF WEEK 2 Discussion thread

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: PLAYOFF WEEK 2 Discussion thread

Post by Lee »

Yeah having 2 goalies lose their spots to shittier options because they were vets is great. I posted multiple threads trying to acquire a worth while goaltender. Clearly tanking.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Hong was fined a 1st round pick when he missed on goalie GP...would you rather have that punishment?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLONYeah having 2 goalies lose their spots to shittier options because they were vets is great. I posted multiple threads trying to acquire a worth while goaltender. Clearly tanking.
Let it go. It could have turned out much worse.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Lee wroteCOLON
lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONI need it, I am the underdog this week
Someone who won the division isn’t an underdog always so modest
Modesty is for weak minded cucks trying to reverse psychology karma.

I shit all over Tony's house now I'm going to wipe my dick on Thoms curtains.
Lol love this.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm sure the best goalie options that were out there were aging vets with big cap hits that would be a waste of cap room while you're trying to be a contending team. However, every other team in the league devotes a decent amount of their cap room to goaltending. It's all about finding the right fit for the money and there's only so many options to go around.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON

Lol love this.
Someone needs to be the villian in a world of handshakes hugs and circle jerks
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'm sure the best goalie options that were out there were aging vets with big cap hits that would be a waste of cap room while you're trying to be a contending team. However, every other team in the league devotes a decent amount of their cap room to goaltending. It's all about finding the right fit for the money and there's only so many options to go around.

I have like 5m in cap space plus Dumba on ltir. Cap isn't an issue. It's just punishment for stupidities sake.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Like. What does it accomplish?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

You knew the rule. You didn't follow the rule. How you feel about the rule is irrelevant.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Lee wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON

Lol love this.
Someone needs to be the villian in a world of handshakes hugs and circle jerks
Balls to the wall baby!
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Lee wroteCOLONSomeone needs to be the villian in a world of handshakes hugs and circle jerks
Don't knock it until you try it....they are surprisingly more fun than you think.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

I tried but you ran away to the east coast
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONYou knew the rule. You didn't follow the rule. How you feel about the rule is irrelevant.
It's nice having someone around who is even less universally liked than me
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Bottom line, if you win the title in spite of all this...you get the last laugh. I think everyone here has thrown away from a 2nd and a 5th along the way.

You were a Pekka Rinne slump or minor injury away from getting by without having to make a move. You have to decide if you want to spend on a second goalie or just do this again next year.

Saros isn't a bad goalie to ride with going forward but for now he might not get enough starts. I compared it a bit to when Fraser rolled through a season with Vasilevskiy before he became starter in Tampa. It worked out because Bishop got hurt and he got enough starts.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

I offered kotkaniemi for Hart. I made a huge offer for vasi. I asked about markstrom. The effort to acquire a goalie was there. I'm not going to acquire a bad goaltender to make gp and I'm not going to do it next year either. the fine accomplishes nothing other than having less assets to make it happen.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Lee wroteCOLONI offered kotkaniemi for Hart. I made a huge offer for vasi. I asked about markstrom. The effort to acquire a goalie was there. I'm not going to acquire a bad goaltender to make gp and I'm not going to do it next year either. the fine accomplishes nothing other than having less assets to make it happen.
No one is forcing you to do anything and the fine is a slap on the wrist. A rule was broken so we couldn't ignore it, CC even went against past precedent since I believe as did others that a 1st now is valued more than a 1st was back when Hong was fined.

Couldn't you have just traded a 2nd for McElhinney?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I get that you don't want a bad goalie but they still give you a chance to win categories. You either get bad stats from a bad goalie and you possibly lose or you don't get any starts in a week and take zeros and guarantee a loss.

Depending how the offseason goes with Detroit and Buffalo...I might shop Bernier or Hutton. Neither guy has been all that good but their cap hits are no higher than $3 million. We can talk this summer if you're interested.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI offered kotkaniemi for Hart. I made a huge offer for vasi. I asked about markstrom. The effort to acquire a goalie was there. I'm not going to acquire a bad goaltender to make gp and I'm not going to do it next year either. the fine accomplishes nothing other than having less assets to make it happen.
No one is forcing you to do anything and the fine is a slap on the wrist. A rule was broken so we couldn't ignore it, CC even went against past precedent since I believe as did others that a 1st now is valued more than a 1st was back when Hong was fined.

No
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLON

No
You were a 2nd round pick away from pairing Rinne with Saros... or I would have given you Anderson for a 2nd... but you have your principles about not trading for old people and it cost you a 2nd + 5th. C'est la vie.

If the bottom teams need to make GP, then the top teams need to as well!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONYou knew the rule. You didn't follow the rule. How you feel about the rule is irrelevant.
It's nice having someone around who is even less universally liked than me
Would make for an interesting poll.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to