Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Week 9 GDT

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONCurious as to what stops a GM from quickly hitting 70 GP mark for goalies and then sit them the rest of the year.

For example, my team is already at 36 - so I need to reign back to GP starts. There may be a few weeks where I actually need to sit my goalies because I may go over the 70gp mark if I keep this up.

I was forced to dress a goaltender a few years ago for tanking while Mik was allowed to not dress a goaltender because reasons.
Well if I hit 70GP, they can't force me to break the rules by breaking the rules... right?
I think the idea is that now that you know you may go over, only start the better starting goalie, and not the backup.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONCurious as to what stops a GM from quickly hitting 70 GP mark for goalies and then sit them the rest of the year.

For example, my team is already at 36 - so I need to reign back to GP starts. There may be a few weeks where I actually need to sit my goalies because I may go over the 70gp mark if I keep this up.

I was forced to dress a goaltender a few years ago for tanking while Mik was allowed to not dress a goaltender because reasons.
Well if I hit 70GP, they can't force me to break the rules by breaking the rules... right?
I think the idea is that now that you know you may go over, only start the better starting goalie, and not the backup.
That's still cutting it pretty close. In certain weeks those starters are going to get 3 games - sometimes 4 because the Rags and Sens both have terrible backups. There will be weeks where Bernier is going to be my only starter. He may get 1 start, he may get none. But I may not have any other choice.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

I think it’s reasonable for you only to start BernieR intermittently - otherwise pick the goalie with only 2-3 GP that week. If you sat all 3 goalies I think that would be an issue. I also think if you only started bernier going forward that would be an issue. Do your best not to go over GP.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to