Week 9 GDT

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Re: Week 9 GDT

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

... anyone against this? Should we look to incorporate it this season after xmas or next year?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

While I agree, I think this is something we introduce at the beginning of next season. I don't believe changing scoring mid season is a good precedent.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Matthew wroteCOLONWhile I agree, I think this is something we introduce at the beginning of next season. I don't believe changing scoring mid season is a good precedent.
Ya that sounds reasonable to me! I'm in favour.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

On the other hand, a team facing another without goalies shouldn't get automatic points in all goalies' categories.. at least not 2 pts for shutouts if it doesn't post any shutout that week
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

kyuss wroteCOLONOn the other hand, a team facing another without goalies shouldn't get automatic points in all goalies' categories.. at least not 2 pts for shutouts if it doesn't post any shutout that week
I think it was why it was left as a tie, why would a BBKL team get credit with winning Ws and SOs if there goalie finishes with 0 in both cats.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Maybe having Goalie Games Started as a cat helps with that? In baseball fantasy a team wouldn't win an ERA category if they didn't start any pitchers and an opponent did, nor would they get a split if the opponent ended a week with an ERA of 0.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

stop being a jerk, Josh!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONOn the other hand, a team facing another without goalies shouldn't get automatic points in all goalies' categories.. at least not 2 pts for shutouts if it doesn't post any shutout that week
I think it was why it was left as a tie, why would a BBKL team get credit with winning Ws and SOs if there goalie finishes with 0 in both cats.
yeah that's what I mean
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
In most leagues if you don’t hit mandatory goalie start minimums you forfeit all goalie cats. If someone is dressing goalies thet never play, that might be an option to look at. Why should they get two category points if they aren’t even getting starts?

FWIW I’m good with whatever
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

why should their opponent get 2 category wins if they can't record a win or shutout.

A possibility may be awarding the opponent a tie point in those cats if they have gp without a win or shutout, and giving the team w no goalie starts 0 points, if that can be done manually.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON A possibility may be awarding the opponent a tie point in those cats if they have gp without a win or shutout, and giving the team w no goalie starts 0 points, if that can be done manually.
that would clearly be the correct outcome imo, but having to change things manually complicates things.. our standings would not be anymore exactly the same as the ones on fantrax.. (doubt you can manually alter them on fantrax)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLONwhy should their opponent get 2 category wins if they can't record a win or shutout.

A possibility may be awarding the opponent a tie point in those cats if they have gp without a win or shutout, and giving the team w no goalie starts 0 points, if that can be done manually.
Because the opponent didn’t even attempt to get any goalie starts? Where’s the penalty outside of being moved down in the draft? For someone like Lee that won’t make a lick of difference as his pick will already be so late.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

The penalty is there is a minimum goalie GP standard, not meeting it has incurred some pretty harsh penalties with the last one being to Hong.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

KapG wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONwhy should their opponent get 2 category wins if they can't record a win or shutout.

Because the opponent didn’t even attempt to get any goalie starts? Where’s the penalty outside of being moved down in the draft? For someone like Lee that won’t make a lick of difference as his pick will already be so late.

Again, it's not like I am trying to miss starts. Saros had 26 last year. Forsberg had 35. I am also actively trying to acquire a goaltender for a reasonable cost. Lindgren should also be getting starts but both Montreal and Chicago decided to go with old shitty goaltenders as their backups.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Again, it's not like I am trying to miss starts. Saros had 26 last year. Forsberg had 35. I am also actively trying to acquire a goaltender for a reasonable cost. Lindgren should also be getting starts but both Montreal and Chicago decided to go with old shitty goaltenders as their backups.
Niemi might disagree with you on that one... well at least for the first half of the year hahaha
Last edited by 1 on Da_Hawks, edited 0 times in total.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Curious as to what stops a GM from quickly hitting 70 GP mark for goalies and then sit them the rest of the year.

For example, my team is already at 36 - so I need to reign back the GP starts. There may be a few weeks where I actually need to sit my goalies because I may go over the 70gp mark if I keep this up.
Last edited by 1 on Da_Hawks, edited 0 times in total.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

3.61 and .893 are shitty.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONCurious as to what stops a GM from quickly hitting 70 GP mark for goalies and then sit them the rest of the year.

For example, my team is already at 36 - so I need to reign back to GP starts. There may be a few weeks where I actually need to sit my goalies because I may go over the 70gp mark if I keep this up.

I was forced to dress a goaltender a few years ago for tanking while Mik was allowed to not dress a goaltender because reasons.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Good reasons, you mean
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONCurious as to what stops a GM from quickly hitting 70 GP mark for goalies and then sit them the rest of the year.

For example, my team is already at 36 - so I need to reign back to GP starts. There may be a few weeks where I actually need to sit my goalies because I may go over the 70gp mark if I keep this up.

I was forced to dress a goaltender a few years ago for tanking while Mik was allowed to not dress a goaltender because reasons.
Well if I hit 70GP, they can't force me to break the rules by breaking the rules... right?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to