Week 4 Game Day Thread

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Week 4 Game Day Thread

Post by Sensfanjosh »

You don't have a goalie, and just acquired a LTIR player for the cap hit? I'm sure you would be putting a bit more effort in landing a goalie, and could have added a contributing player for cap if you were looking to win categories
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Week 4 Game Day Thread

Post by Matthew »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONYou don't have a goalie, and just acquired a LTIR player for the cap hit? I'm sure you would be putting a bit more effort in landing a goalie, and could have added a contributing player for cap if you were looking to win categories
Cap hit opens up what I can acquire for barkov or parayko. I do not want to be limited due to cap, true.

And acquiring a contributing players cap hit would be a lot more expensive and a lot more work to get a trade done than a near throw away prospect.

there are currently 5 teams with less goalie starts and 3 teams with the same amount of goalie starts. My goalies have been doing quite well (except for 1 bad game for domingue). Getting a goalie is weirdly expensive in this league and I want to make sure I don't need one before grabbing one. If I was intentionally tanking, not hitting goalie start minimum would make that mostly pointless...

But yeah, no intentional tanking. I'm on the fence the on which direction to go. Will see the next couple weeks. Our division outside Steve has been weak, so everyone still has a chance.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to