Week 3

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: Week 3

Post by KapG »

do whatever you want to do, I don’t care :)
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

This is absolutely priceless coming from Matthew.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONThis is absolutely priceless coming from Matthew.
Please explain. I never don't put in my best lineup that I'm able to put in.

The reason my best lineup isn't in right now is due to needing to reach cap minimum because nylander hasn't signed. It meant I needed to put players with highest cap hits onto my bench (even though they were minor leaguers) and put waiver exempt players with lower cap hits in my minors. When nylander signs this will change - I'm going to miss gp if I dont.

BTW, Ur the gm who didn't put in the defenseman.

If u would like to backup your statement, I await Ur answer, as it is unnecessarily inflammatory and incorrect.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

It's called exploiting a loophole. Dressing AHL players while having viable players buried in the minors that actually can play because you are worried about guys that don't even play passing through waivers. Not to mention you still don't have a starting goalie and doesn't appear that you have made any real legitimate attempt to acquire one because...yesh you were counting on Matt Murray dying on the ice. Give me a break dude lol!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Also, I find it funny that you mention Lajoie being benched, but don't seem to notice or care that I benched Fiala and Vrana who are two of my forwards with arguably the most offensive upside. If you really want to know my lineup decisions though:

Rasmus Andersson in for Lajoie. 3 gp week for 2 gp week. If I were really tanking here, I could've just sent down Hagg rather than Lajoie considering Hagg has better stats than Lajoie overall to start the year.

Malgin in for Fiala. Fiala off to a slow start and Malgin actually scoring and has been killing penalties.

Elie in for Vrana. Vrana off to a slow start as well, so doubling down on periphs considering I wasn't going to win every many scoring categories considering I have Philly and Washington on the slate.

But please by all mean continue to try and act like you know what you are talking about.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Oh, and not to mention I benched Lajoie in ADHL this week as well despite being 1st in the standings in that league. Guess I'm tanking there too lol lol lol lol lol lol!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIt's called exploiting a loophole. Dressing AHL players while having viable players buried in the minors that actually can play because you are worried about guys that don't even play passing through waivers. Not to mention you still don't have a starting goalie and doesn't appear that you have made any real legitimate attempt to acquire one because...yesh you were counting on Matt Murray dying on the ice. Give me a break dude lol!
So you have no viable argument.

I have one player (carr) on my bench who I don't want to waive. The other guys on my bench I need there for cap (I didn't exploit that loophole. I didn't plan for will nylander not to sign in some conspiracy for my fantasy league).

The only person in my minors who is an improvement (fischer) has one point in 7 games, and is barely an upgrade on the guys on my roster. The second nylander signs he is going to be in my lineup and juolevi and Moore will be in my minors and off my bench.

I have clendening in my minors too - but I needed to choose between he and kiselevich, and Bogdan is a safer bet.

I don't know what my goaltenders has to do with this issue - obviously I'll attempt to hit goalie gp.

You are using straw men's arguments to deflect.

And I didn't name you because it wasn't obvious to me what was going on.

Lubyushkin had played 2 games this season going into the week - don't see u explaining that one.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Jesus, I guess I won't attempt to help our league follow the rules. Just turns into attacks (incorrectly) on me. I'll let Casper do whatever he wants from now on.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Already been explained. I doubled down on periphs. Traded scoring for periphs. Anymore questions? Since you are still pretending over there like you aren't tanking? Lol!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONJesus, I guess I won't attempt to help our league follow the rules. Just turns into attacks (incorrectly) on me. I'll let Casper do whatever he wants from now on.
The object is to avoid blatant and obvious forms of tanking. There will always be loopholes like you and others will exploit because you aren't the only one. There is no way to arbitrarily decide what a gm's motivation is when they are playing players in their lineup that play full time and provide useful stats. You can't really police situations like that. Now if somebody were to bench say Drew Doughty for Chad Ruhwedel...that's a blatant form of tanking and obviously shouldn't be allowed. That's obviously an extreme example, but those are the types of moves you should be looking for.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Mine isn't a loophole. I was forced into it due to Nylander not signing. You are good at deflecting though.

I'd say Lajoie is pretty obvious. Lub gets periphs but rarely plays. U had no reason to do it for a guy who produces and always plays.

But honestly, I thought the nyr was worse (he explained his however). I don't care anymore, u guys do what u wanna. Ur too stressful to deal with, and no one else in cc seems to care.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLONJesus, I guess I won't attempt to help our league follow the rules. Just turns into attacks (incorrectly) on me. I'll let Casper do whatever he wants from now on.
Honestly, you can switch varlamov in for me if you want *shrug*

Sorry if I got personal. Annoying week, no need to take it out on you tho. Cheers
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONMine isn't a loophole. I was forced into it due to Nylander not signing. You are good at deflecting though.

I'd say Lajoie is pretty obvious. Lub gets periphs but rarely plays. U had no reason to do it for a guy who produces and always plays.

But honestly, I thought the nyr was worse (he explained his however). I don't care anymore, u guys do what u wanna. Ur too stressful to deal with, and no one else in cc seems to care.
He'd been playing and had a 3 game week vs 2. Not that hard to understand. The way my team is constructed currently I can go toe to toe in periphs, but I'm going to get smoked in scoring by good teams. Makes no sense to chase cats I can't win.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lol
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONImage
:lol:
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd say there's a lot of interesting lineups looking around the league the first 3 weeks :o
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

omg ROFL
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to