Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Week 1 Game Day Thread - short week 2 opponents

Post by Shoalzie »

Go to Standings on our Fantrax page then click Season Stats. You can track the GP for skaters and goalies.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Gonna need Lajoie and Hagg to calm down...
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Anaheim currently being gooseegged by Chicago....riiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhht.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONAnaheim currently being gooseegged by Chicago....riiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhht.
:? :( :o
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONAnaheim currently being gooseegged by Chicago....riiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhht.
Sure it has nothing to do with benching nhl players for ahl players...
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
I'm not doing that intentionally. I need the gp my young nhlers will give me. It's cuz I would need to waive players if I didn't + I need to use the guys w highest cap until nylander signs as I'm only just slightly above the floor.

Once nylander signs I can send borgman juolevi and Moore down and put my ahl guys on the bench. Will allow me to put nylander fischer greenway in my lineup. Nylanders holdout is screwing me.
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Would love 6 points a week from my Malkin-Letang duo but in one night...love it. Really valuable showing in a short week.

Interesting that Elliott has the better start last night compared to Hutton. That's going to be a situation I'll have to manage week-to-week. Didn't see the harm in starting them both this week. Will probably have to go with one or the other on most weeks.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
I'm not doing that intentionally. I need the gp my young nhlers will give me. It's cuz I would need to waive players if I didn't + I need to use the guys w highest cap until nylander signs as I'm only just slightly above the floor.

Once nylander signs I can send borgman juolevi and Moore down and put my ahl guys on the bench. Will allow me to put nylander fischer greenway in my lineup. Nylanders holdout is screwing me.
If only there were players out there for free with cap that anyone could have signed...
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I have 2 of those guys, and I was about to sign hossa when I realized u had signed him like 2 hours earlier. there are no more of those guys.

Don't worry, I won't get in the way of Ur tank. I expect my team to be fringe playoffs just like last season.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

He's at 50 contracts and he's already slid his three eligible players.

As he said, when Nylander signs...that'll allow him to dress some of his other guys with lesser salaries. He'd be under the floor if he had Fischer, Johnsson, Greenway instead of his other rookies. He's got to be legal with the cap floor...it's not really an issue of dressing a lesser lineup on purpose.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONHe's at 50 contracts and he's already slid his three eligible players.

As he said, when Nylander signs...that'll allow him to dress some of his other guys with lesser salaries. He'd be under the floor if he had Fischer, Johnsson, Greenway instead of his other rookies. He's got to be legal with the cap floor...it's not really an issue of dressing a lesser lineup on purpose.
Could easily send down Criscuolo and Carr for Greenway and Fischer, but sure we will go with that explanation.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI have 2 of those guys, and I was about to sign hossa when I realized u had signed him like 2 hours earlier. there are no more of those guys.

Don't worry, I won't get in the way of Ur tank. I expect my team to be fringe playoffs just like last season.
Making playoffs after an 0-24 start? Or without a starting goalie? :lol:
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONHe's at 50 contracts and he's already slid his three eligible players.

Could easily send down Criscuolo and Carr for Greenway and Fischer, but sure we will go with that explanation.
I would need to waive them, but thanks for trying.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

I would need to waive them, but thanks for trying.
Nobody is claiming them. And if they do you should probably thank them lol!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

So just realized I fucked up. Alex Chiasson signed the day before game 1 and I didn't add him to my line up.

Simon Bourque was recently bought out freeing up a contract slot, meaning I'd have space now, after the fact.

Please let me know if I need to drop AC due to not having him in my lineup for week 1.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

No, you're fine...you get a week to make a move when a player signs during the season so just make sure you do something with him by Week 2.

You do need to get back to 50 contracts by next Monday but as you mentioned Bourque's contract might solve your problem.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Josh had the same issue last year (2 players signed after roster submission, and less than 48 hours before 1st roster lock), so he was given until 2nd roster lock to become contract compliant.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONNo, you're fine...you get a week to make a move when a player signs during the season so just make sure you do something with him by Week 2.

You do need to get back to 50 contracts by next Monday but as you mentioned Bourque's contract might solve your problem.

Can we please have the ability to drop assets the way the NHL does?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I think in a case like yours, I think an exception should be made. You went up to 51 contracts because one of your own players signed. It's not like you made a trade to put yourself over the limit. You should have the option to drop a contract if you can't make a trade to move a contract.

I'm assuming Bourque will clear waivers tomorrow and be bought out or his contract will be terminated so your situation will sort itself out.

We'll run into the situation at end of the season when prospects will sign their ELC late in the season and some of us end up over 50 contracts. We don't really enforce the 50 contract rule when our regular season ends.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I disagree. He shouldnt be able to drop a contract. Roster submission is over. He will need to sort it out via trade, imo.
That's the rule. I'm going to run into the same situation once nylander signs.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to