Surely this will be a civil topic

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Surely this will be a civil topic

Post by Lee »

What do you guys think of the Ontario General Election?

Looks like Ford is going to win, PC majority and the Liberal party is on it's way to not being recognized as am official party.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Re: Surely this will be a civil topic

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

I want to kill myself.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

I hate Ford but I voted PC. The only party platform that made any kind of sense. Which tells you how bad the others are considering Ford's is incomplete...
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONI hate Ford but I voted PC. The only party platform that made any kind of sense. Which tells you how bad the others are considering Ford's is incomplete...

Do you consider yourself a Conservative / Liberal / Other?
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONI hate Ford but I voted PC. The only party platform that made any kind of sense. Which tells you how bad the others are considering Ford's is incomplete...
Have always voted PC as well. Couldn't stomach voting for Ford. Liberal was a waste of a vote so NDP won by default. Horrible election.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Ford's platform is not incomplete it doesn't exist...
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

I was liberal in my youth and become PC in my old age. Started around 30 I noticed my preferences along with my voting changed.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONFord's platform is not incomplete it doesn't exist...
And yet still makes more sense than the other ones LOL
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Yeah, I get that this vote was more or less "Anyone but Wynne"

I just.. don't understand it in context. Doug Ford seems like Donald Trump North in almost every way, right down to the nepotism. He seems like a legitimately awful person in every news article I've read about him. It's a direct mirror of the situation in the US. Are these really the best candidates that either party could put forward?
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

For me as much as I hated the leader I look beyond him. I like the party and the direction they claim to be going. One man doesnt run the show, it's a team of people behind him. He's just the idiot figurehead. I'm OK with an idiot figurehead as long as the actions taken by the party are in line with my political beliefs, hence my vote.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLON

I just.. don't understand it in context. Doug Ford seems like Donald Trump North in almost every way, right down to the nepotism. He seems like a legitimately awful person in every news article I've read about him. It's a direct mirror of the situation in the US. Are these really the best candidates that either party could put forward?
Yes.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON

Yes.

Are they really though.. Like.. The PC party didn't realize Ford is a buffoon? The Liberal Party didn't realize that absolutely nobody was going to vote for Kathleen Wynne and putting her up there cost them their standing as a political party?
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONFor me as much as I hated the leader I look beyond him. I like the party and the direction they claim to be going. One man doesnt run the show, it's a team of people behind him. He's just the idiot figurehead. I'm OK with an idiot figurehead as long as the actions taken by the party are in line with my political beliefs, hence my vote.
If this was actually the case then why not elect a real PC leader? Obviously he is a reflection of someones desired leader both within the party and in Ontario, which I think is sad in both cases.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Reading over https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ontari ... #education

"Doug Ford has said he’d fire the CEO of Hydro One. Since the utility’s privatization, however, that power no longer rests with the provincial government."

This is up there with Trumps tariff claims that Canada is the threat of national security due to the war of 1812 because we burned down the white house. The only problem is that Canada was not a recognized nation at this point. We were a British colony and the British burned down the white house.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Ford is a fucking retard.

Literally says the stupidest shit and understands very little.. I honestly don't get how some of these people make it so far in politics.

I don't really like NDP much either.. was just hoping for a minority for whoever wins..
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

JFC I just finished reading over the PC platform. What a trainwreck.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Lee wroteCOLONReading over https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ontari ... #education

"Doug Ford has said he’d fire the CEO of Hydro One. Since the utility’s privatization, however, that power no longer rests with the provincial government."

This is up there with Trumps tariff claims that Canada is the threat of national security due to the war of 1812 because we burned down the white house. The only problem is that Canada was not a recognized nation at this point. We were a British colony and the British burned down the white house.
The budget documents say for those facing a tax hike under the plan, the average increase would be $200. Ford took that figure and ran with it.

"So, just think: a family of five will be paying $1,000 more in new taxes," he told the news conference.

I asked Ford to explain his math.

"We know that they've increased the taxes $200," he said. "Times five is $1,000."

So the kids in the family of five face an income tax increase too?

"I'm not saying kids," Ford responded. "If there's five people in your house that are paying taxes, there's going to be five people paying $200 more in taxes."

That is, if each of those five people earns $130,000 or so.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/o ... -1.4597965
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONFord is a fucking retard.

Literally says the stupidest shit and understands very little.. I honestly don't get how some of these people make it so far in politics.

I don't really like NDP much either.. was just hoping for a minority for whoever wins..
Bc they're the only people that care enough or kiss enough ass to get that far in politics.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Live in Wynne's riding. Voted NDP.

/continues drinking
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Good news Mike, soon you can legally get high and forget all about it!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to