BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

Handled your slides...I'll drop your players from your roster. No worries. If you guys are waiting on me...don't worry about the deadline. Do what you can and I'll handle the rest.

Little guy wants to sleep in my lap but won't stay asleep when he is put in his crib. He's sitting on my lap right now while I get a few of these items done.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I will make the changes to your rosters before I confirm rosters later tonight so post your submissions under that assumption.

I'm also waiting on CapFriendly to confirm Riley Sutter and Jared McIsaac's terms...that's why those contracts aren't showing up.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Ex dropped off my daughter early and dI don't get to finish my lineup I still need to drop someone.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Do what you need to do...I'm just now getting to the stuff from earlier.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The Week 1 sheets have been "unhidden" for you guys. Start filling those out...that's official lineup for Week 1. Obviously Wednesday night is start of the season. Any moves you make today will go towards Week 1's rosters and beyond.

Luke asked me about the LTIR portion of the sheet. You guys need to put all injured player under the IR slots and then if you have a valid LTIR player, you can add them to the appropriate spot to the right. Then you can use any player from your lineup as "Relief".
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

iirc , the fact any player in the lineup is technically available on googledoc to use the LTIR relief doesn't mean we allow to use any player: replacement needs to be coming up from the minors (which means waiver exempt are always eligible for this, cause they can go down and back up) or straight from a trade.

Correct me if I'm wrong
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kyuss wroteCOLONiirc , the fact any player in the lineup is technically available on googledoc to use the LTIR relief doesn't mean we allow to use any player: replacement needs to be coming up from the minors (which means waiver exempt are always eligible for this, cause they can go down and back up) or straight from a trade.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Can't limit that in the sheets. Has to be policed in the forum when the GM posts who their relief players are. And right now all players are eligible to be relief to start the season. Once the season starts it has to be exempt or recently acquired players.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

foofnik wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONiirc , the fact any player in the lineup is technically available on googledoc to use the LTIR relief doesn't mean we allow to use any player: replacement needs to be coming up from the minors (which means waiver exempt are always eligible for this, cause they can go down and back up) or straight from a trade.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Can't limit that in the sheets. Has to be policed in the forum when the GM posts who their relief players are. And right now all players are eligible to be relief to start the season. Once the season starts it has to be exempt or recently acquired players.
Both thumbs up
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Sorry I didn't do it earlier but the lineup and in-season drop threads are unlocked.

I was unavailable last night but I'll get caught up with the latest transactions tonight.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Trades, claims and free agent adds are done. I'll update the waiver status of the players who cleared in the morning.

Waiting for CapFriendly to confirm the contracts of Garrison, Chiasson and McIsaac.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I made a slight change to your sheets last night. I'm borrowing the black ! from CapFriendly (they use for unconfirmed contract terms) and I'm using that as a icon for players that aren't waiver exempt but have cleared waivers. You probably noticed those names don't appear as needing to clear waivers in your Week 1 sheet after they cleared waivers on Tuesday ahead of the start of the season.

If you call up and add a player who has the black ! then they will return to their original waiver status going forward and they will need to clear waivers if you send them down again.

A reminder to everyone to not duplicate any of your sheets just so you don't need to re-enter your lineup. Each sheet is formatted for that specific week in terms of your roster, waiver status and position eligibility. I realize re-entering the names each might be annoying but considering there's auto-fill when you start to type in the names...it's a fairly painless process.

I will look further into ways to make this an even simpler process and I'm open to suggestions. This was a big change to what we do and I think it's been mostly successful so far...but it can always be better.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Hey Scott, you sure Heiskanen's AAV is 3.425 M like on the current sheet rather than 3.394 like at CapFriendly? https://www.capfriendly.com/players/miro-heiskanen
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah...that happens with sliding contracts. It slides and then the AAV and cap hit shifts depending on bonuses. I'll update that later today. I'm sure there's a few other players on ELCs with similar situations. I keep my eyes open for that, thanks.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Reminder to everyone filling out the sheets...put all injured players in the IR slots first (regular IR or LTIR). Those players still count against your cap. You use the LTIR slots so you can utilize salary relief with any players from your lineup. You need to have a player in the IR slot if you want them in the LTIR slot or else the math for your team salary will be incorrect.

Players you want to use as relief are any players you put in your lineup or on your bench. Remember that LTIR now uses a relief pool rather than relief for each individual player. If two players on LTIR whose salaries are $3 and $5 million respectively, you have $8 million available in cap relief.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

This new google sheet is really awesome Shoalzie!!! Just wanted you to know :)

Thx for all the work you do in here :)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Heiskanen and Jokiharju sill need to be taken away from the Sliders column on googledocs.

btw for week #7 under MUST CLEAR WAIVERS instead of the usual list of players I have the #REF! error
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's one of those quirks of the sheet when you have no players in your lineup. If the list of players that need to clear waivers is more than the sheet allows, you get that error message. It goes away as you fill in names in your lineup...I tried it out.

You should be good to go with your slides as well.

Any little bugs like that are things I want to change for next year. Something as simple as Google adding a simple checkbox option is something I might look into using in some way. I won't make as many big changes as last summer but there are performance-related issues I want to remedy and continue to make this easy to use for everyone and to be a useful tool for the league.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONIt's one of those quirks of the sheet when you have no players in your lineup. If the list of players that need to clear waivers is more than the sheet allows, you get that error message. It goes away as you fill in names in your lineup...I tried it out.

You should be good to go with your slides as well.
thx. I only added a few players and still had the #REF error, but yeah adding more it disappeared
Shoalzie wroteCOLONAny little bugs like that are things I want to change for next year. Something as simple as Google adding a simple checkbox option is something I might look into using in some way. I won't make as many big changes as last summer but there are performance-related issues I want to remedy and continue to make this easy to use for everyone and to be a useful tool for the league.
personally I think the main thing would be allowing GMs to edit their own sheets, so that everything is not necessarily on your shoulders and the league is not totally depending on you. Your workload would be reduced at least when it comes to the more active GMs.

Also would look into this if possible (not sure it is under the current set-up):
creating the new week as a default copy of the previous one, so that if the GM doesn't have to make changes to his lineup it is already good to go without having to compile it again from scratch.

These sheets already are the most useful tool for the league though, make no mistake about that. Thank you for the relentless work
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Copy and paste the lineup column from last weeks sheet, only thing to re-enter is LTIR and REL spots but that can be copy pasted as well if you have a bunch
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

lol I thought that didn't work. I think I tried for week #2 or #3, failed for some reasons and gave up.. thanks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to