BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

This is just a public preview of the new-look sheet...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

What I'm hoping for is to give each of your sheets out during or after the draft. There's a bit of work I need to complete behind the scenes before I release this league-wide.

I'd like to do a screencast or YouTube video and explain how this new sheet works. I don't get the sense anyone wants some long typed-out instructions. It's meant to be an easier sheet to use than before and the big change as I've teased in the past, the rosters are fully automated. You just need to set your weekly lineups. The players are already entered into your sheets.

I've started updating contracts for '18-19 so if you're still using your old sheets, you'll notice players may appear as free agents and not have any salaries if their current contract expires in July.

You'll notice with my sheet, I have several veterans that are free agents this summer so the way I have this set up, you can only put players into your lineup who have a contract. All players that aren't entered into your lineup will show up in the "Minors" section of the sheet.

I'm still using the green downward arrow icon that CapFriendly uses. Any player you see listed with that icon means that player is "Waiver Exempt".

I'll give you a more complete explanation of how these sheets work when I give them to you.

I'll credit Josh for some of my design choices as I've liked what he's done with his sheets for ADHL.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Re: 2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by dave1959 »

I like that all pertinent info is in the first 2 columns
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Always happy to beta test for you, Scott
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

So much prettier!!! Wow. Nicely done Shoalzie. Looking forward to the full release.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Click banner to view current roster and picks
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Only issue I have would be the largeness of the headers and logos and such. If we can customize those ourselves, i'm cool. I approve of automation, I'm concerned about the slower processors and how they handle it. but it looks great, thanks scott!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The reason behind the bigger text is for those who will use their phones to update these sheets. The only work you guys would have to do is enter your players into the lineup. The sheet will do the rest of the work.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

thats amazing scott
love the big text
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Looks nice and clean.
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Love it
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

That looks awesome, great work Scott
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Sheets are coming very soon...I've got mine and Matt's (BUF) created. I wanted to use Matt's roster since he's got Svechnikov and I could test out my formulas for sliding contracts. Throughout this coming weekend I'll create the other 29 sheets for the league and get them out to you.

If you have a different e-mail address that you'd like access your sheet, let me know. If not, I'll just use the e-mail from last year.

I will be updating contract information and filling in info for the new draftees. You will have missing information on your roster and sheets...I appreciate your patience. I'd like to get contracts entered before I deal with the new draftees.

I'll answer any questions you have about the sheets but I can do a tutorial later if enough people have the same questions.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Updated the link on the forum to share the entire folder...I'm setting you guys up with sharing rights to your sheets.

When you get access to your sheets, keep in mind that you can only add players to your lineup that have contracts. If they're "Unsigned" in my database, that won't show up in the drop down list. I also need to add position designations to the 2018 draftees. They might not show up in your sheet. Your full list of current players is on the "Roster" sheet.

Please make sure that if you drop players in Fantrax, make sure you post something in the drop thread.

With the sheets up and running, I'll be hitting the contract info hard so hopefully you'll have the ability plug guys into your lineup and check your situation against the cap.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Thanks Scott!!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Don't be alarmed the #REF! message under "MUST CLEAR WAIVERS". It'll be like that until you fill out your lineup. The list pairs down as you put players in your lineup and then you'll see names appear. Hopefully when you have a full lineup, you don't have more than 15 players that need to clear waivers.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Not able to add Teuvo as a winger
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I see why...I've got my sheets made for rosters of 90 players. I'm going through all your sheets and seeing many of us are over 90 right now. I need to tweak some of my formulas on the Preseason sheet so it includes the extra players.

Thankfully I don't need to do that to other weeks since you can't have more than 90 players during the season.

The other thing I see is the count of the players is a little screwed up.

It wouldn't be a sheet release without fixing some bugs. Patience fellas...thankfully I have all summer to get these right.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

It looks great so far Scott. I have a bunch of players who don't seem to have position info and some that do that I can't assign to positions (Chris Tierney, Elias Pettersson, Antti Raanta, Devin Shore, Ryan Murray, Troy Stecher, Ryan Pulock). I suspect maybe if they don't have a contract extension in the system yet they can't be assigned to a position? Either way, loving how it's coming along, great job
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

You are amazing Scott
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I just replaced all of your "Preseason" sheets with correct formulas. If you already started filling out your lineup, I apologize for clearing that out. This was the quickest way to implement those changes.

Updates on contracts, positions and player info will be periodic. I'll do as much as I can but at least you guys have your sheets for this summer. The only thing you have to do with these sheets is fill out your lineup each week. Your rosters will update as you make trades or drop players and your info will update as I update it.

Thanks for you patience...fire away with any questions or concerns. I'm aware of any and all missing contracts or player info.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to