GWT - 15

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!

GWT - 15

Postby The BBKL Insider » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Week 15, really getting into the heart of the playoff push. Lots of movement at the top and bottom of the league!


A good week to keep on eye on a few teams, some teams only have 35ish games.
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21460
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Finally into a playoff spot. Been climbing steadily for the past few weeks. Helps that Hjalmarsson will hopefully be back this week.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby CAM » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:53 pm

The BBKL Insider wrote:Week 15, really getting into the heart of the playoff push. Lots of movement at the top and bottom of the league!


A good week to keep on eye on a few teams, some teams only have 35ish games.


I have 34. haha.
User avatar
CAM
 
Posts: 3667
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Da_Hawks » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 pm

31!
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: GWT - 15

Postby hong57 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:46 am

wtf.. short week?
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6266
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: GWT - 15

Postby hong57 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:46 am

52 games here.. rofl
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6266
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Loki » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 am

Whoever doesn't get screwed over by this week will just get screwed over by next week anyway :lol:
User avatar
Loki
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
Location: Melbourne, AUS

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Da_Hawks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 am

Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Lee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am

Wrong side of 35
User avatar
Lee
 
Posts: 16035
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:48 am

Da_Hawks wrote:Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!

Thank his environment for that and not so much his goaltending ability.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Da_Hawks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:55 am

Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!

Thank his environment for that and not so much his goaltending ability.


Disagree entirely. Rinne is a quality goalie, and an elite fantasy player. The stats don't lie.
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:02 am

Da_Hawks wrote:
Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!

Thank his environment for that and not so much his goaltending ability.


Disagree entirely. Rinne is a quality goalie, and an elite fantasy player. The stats don't lie.

The stats actually say he's much closer to average rather than elite.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Da_Hawks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 am

Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:
Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!

Thank his environment for that and not so much his goaltending ability.


Disagree entirely. Rinne is a quality goalie, and an elite fantasy player. The stats don't lie.

The stats actually say he's much closer to average rather than elite.


Really?

32 starts, 21 wins - 6th overall
.925 sv% - 5th for all starters who have played over 20 games, 8th overall for all qualifying goaltenders.

All the while facing the 10th most shots in the league.

Seems like a stud to me. Time to check your facts again chief.
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am

Da_Hawks wrote:
Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:
Malette18 wrote:
Da_Hawks wrote:Rinne is such a consistent stud. He doesn't belong on my pitiful team!!

Thank his environment for that and not so much his goaltending ability.


Disagree entirely. Rinne is a quality goalie, and an elite fantasy player. The stats don't lie.

The stats actually say he's much closer to average rather than elite.


Really?

32 starts, 21 wins - 6th overall
.925 sv% - 5th for all starters who have played over 20 games, 8th overall for all qualifying goaltenders.

All the while facing the 10th most shots in the league.

Seems like a stud to me. Time to check your facts again chief.

Right 30 game samples are what we're basing our opinions off of. Well then the Hamburglar is a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Without getting into anything crazy just expand your sample to the past 3 years and he's had a .915 which is slightly above average.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Da_Hawks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 am

Good thing every year is different, and the Preds are getting better and better. Sample sizes might be appropriate when we're comparing apples to apples... but we aren't. The Preds from three years ago are the not the Preds of today. Is he benefiting from a better team in front of him? Sure he is, but that just means his save percentage is finally catching up to his skill-set at the ripe age of 35.
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: GWT - 15

Postby kimmer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 am

Jordan man
Whats with this random peak of activity postig.
2017-2018 Transactions
CAR Google Sheet
Image
- A true liberator of the apprehensive voice -
User avatar
kimmer
 
Posts: 16139
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Markham, Ontario

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am

kimmer wrote:Jordan man
Whats with this random peak of activity postig.

New year new me Kimmer.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby CasperX22 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

kimmer wrote:Jordan man
Whats with this random peak of activity postig.


He's winning. Damn front runners ;)
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Malette18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

CasperX22 wrote:
kimmer wrote:Jordan man
Whats with this random peak of activity postig.


He's winning. Damn front runners ;)

LOL more so that I no longer have like 6 month long injuries. Which I guess goes hand in hand with winning.
User avatar
Malette18
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: GWT - 15

Postby Matthew » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:09 am

I'm up 14.5-1.5 versus Toronto. Easy peasy.
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 7859
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests