Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby cliff11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome man
User avatar
cliff11
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Oley49 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

thanks guys. not in just yet though.
Oley49
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Oley49 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Matthew wrote:
Oley49 wrote:ok cool. well thats good to know. I plan to draft next years number 1 guy. prob going to move a few bodies for draft picks if a rebuild is in order, very happy I have 2 1st and one next year as well. I may even be interested in moving a 1st for a 2nd and 3rd or something. we will see going forward.


So he needs a trade advisor.


dont think so. I dont plan to get used and abused. but if Chicago needs a rebuild and only has 2 1st rounds going into this upcoming draft. I may have to move one for 2 draft picks. more draft picks gives u a better chance to get a good player. but at the same time if one of those picks becomes a high 1st round pick I will more than likely keep it
Oley49
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Bruyns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Oley49 wrote:dont think so.


It's a requirement not an option, has nothing to do with new GM's potential ability it's just to acclimatize to league value and ensure new GMs have someone to help fend off the sharks.
Last edited by Bruyns on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bruyns
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Lee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

don't trade your picks until the draft.

don't trade them for 30 + players

be prepared to be offered a lot of terrible offers from the same gms constantly
User avatar
Lee
 
Posts: 16456
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Matthew » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Everyone gets trade advisors to begin so they can get used to the value of our league.

No problem trading down to build your prospect pool. Just need to know what you can get for a mid 1st for example. Hint: more than a 2nd + 3rd.
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8463
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby hong57 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Yup, you can make reference to some of the past trades in the trade forum during draft days to get the highest value for the picks.. you should always aim to get more.. even if you are very elite in other fantasy leagues and i have no doubt you can have success here.. it will take some time for you to gauge on the value of the players and picks for their return esp you will be getting some terrible offers along the way..
just so you know.. most people in this league value picks a lot.. if you are trading your first.. i'd say you will be able to get a lot more than 2nd and 3rd depending on where your 1st ends..

i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6569
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Bruyns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 pm

hong57 wrote:i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P


lol
User avatar
Bruyns
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Oley49 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:22 pm

ok well im still new. got some learning to be doing. Im already used to getting terrible offers all the time in other leagues lol.
not like im just going to start making trades as soon as I get the team. going to learn a little and go from there. no need to rush anything
Oley49
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Matthew » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:31 pm

For the first 2 weeks once you get the team you are unable to make trades. For the 3rd and 4th weeks you need your trade advisor to approve the trade.
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8463
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Lee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Bruyns wrote:
hong57 wrote:i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P


lol
User avatar
Lee
 
Posts: 16456
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby KapG » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 am

hong57 wrote:Yup, you can make reference to some of the past trades in the trade forum during draft days to get the highest value for the picks.. you should always aim to get more.. even if you are very elite in other fantasy leagues and i have no doubt you can have success here.. it will take some time for you to gauge on the value of the players and picks for their return esp you will be getting some terrible offers along the way..
just so you know.. most people in this league value picks a lot.. if you are trading your first.. i'd say you will be able to get a lot more than 2nd and 3rd depending on where your 1st ends..

i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P

Hong, you savage lol
User avatar
KapG
 
Posts: 10077
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Toronto (beach area)

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby The BBKL Insider » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 am

Seems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

I would be his trade advisor, if you guys were looking for one.
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21767
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Matthew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 am

Who is this WillieADace where it says newest member? Lol...
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8463
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby dave1959 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am

The BBKL Insider wrote:Seems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

I would be his trade advisor, if you guys were looking for one.



Matt is going to do it Steve, but great that you offered!
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Bruyns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 am

dave1959 wrote:
The BBKL Insider wrote:Seems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

I would be his trade advisor, if you guys were looking for one.



Matt is going to do it Steve, but great that you offered!


I'm sure Steve will still be helpful.
User avatar
Bruyns
 
Posts: 5315
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby Oley49 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

sorry my posts were delayed today, work is not fun and I forgot to make a link on my phone so I can stay up to date on break. Im perfectly fine with all rules and I agree 2 weeks no trades while I get settled in. I really like that idea. creates order. and thank you BBKL Insider, I appreciate all help going forward.

if I get Chicago I plan on spending first 2 weeks or so learning all I can about
1st: all the players I own that I dont know who they are.
2nd: study AHL teams and best players among the league and if I can find any of those as a FA(which i doubt I will)
3: study Junior Leagues like OHL. CHL and all other.
4: draft possibly great talent and speed the rebuild by a couple seasons lol (hope)
Oley49
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby kimmer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Yea....dont... trade a 1st for 2nd and 3rd lol
2017-2018 Transactions
CAR Google Sheet
Image
- A true liberator of the apprehensive voice -
User avatar
kimmer
 
Posts: 16480
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Markham, Ontario

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby dave1959 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:39 pm

5. Don't trade with TOR, NAS or LA
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Postby The BBKL Insider » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:41 pm

dave1959 wrote:5. Don't trade with TOR, NAS or LA

The three fairest Gms in the league? Seems like a bad idea.
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21767
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests