bman stepped down, Kyuss is your new Nashville GM (saviour)

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: bman stepped down, Kyuss is your new Nashville GM (savio

Post by kyuss »

OK folks,

i hate to sound like Balsillie here, having just joined the league, but i think it's better to deal with this sooner rather than later..

looking at the league, i noticed there are the Jets instead of the Yotes (hope that will soon be the case in the real NHL too!!), and the Whalers (niice) instead of the Sens..

so i was wondering whether i could pull a similar trigger..

I would love to bring back the Nordiques in place for the Predators, not only to distinguish from previous franchise managements, but mostly cause the thought of giving back to Quebec a promising team like they once had excites me much more than the thought of hockey in Nashville, if you get what i mean.
As for realism, keep in mind in a couple of years that could become true, after all.

Plan B would be relocate the franchise to Ottawa, as i see it possible now that "Fantasy hockey for Leafs fans" have been rightfully replaced with "The best fantasy hockey experience" :lol:

I hope this would not be too much of a problem.. when you think at the real US map, Nashville is out West only for the NHL! :mrgreen:
And being in the off-season, perhaps a small adjustment in divisions/conferences could be worked out IF deemed necessary.

c'mon, whoever do those awesome signature pictures could produce much cooler stuff on a Nordiques jersey than having to use a Predators one!

Hoping you guys won't take this idea in a bad way and will make it possible.

Thanks in advance for your time. -Mik
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLONNew Report
Data: Statistic Categories:

switch it from "tracking" to "scoring"
ok, i figured out i had to access nashville team through 'stats' and not 'my team', however those are two different rosters.. the one with all the stats seems out of date: Weber and Fiddler for example are no more on my team i think.. perhaps due to trades happened after the season ended?

any future changes in our scoring system will be small. this league is is, and we are trying to get player value correct...

we changed saves to points this year... goalie games played where too big of a deal... and top line forwards/top pairing dman were deemed to not *quiet* have full value... any changes will be announced well in advance..
looking at the stats, i wholeheartedly agree with the points addition.

And i think it's pivotal that stats stay the same or at least changes leave one season of transition.. i would hate to trade assets for a stat that the following year disappears.
well, for weber and fiddler stats, i think becoz u chose "fantasy", which shows the stats you scored by your team during the periods (even the players u traded away)... you would like to choose "nhl" instead, and it will show the nhl stats for the year for the current players on your roster.

hope this answers your question well.

cheers
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

hong57 wroteCOLON well, for weber and fiddler stats, i think becoz u chose "fantasy", which shows the stats you scored by your team during the periods (even the players u traded away)... you would like to choose "nhl" instead, and it will show the nhl stats for the year for the current players on your roster.

hope this answers your question well.

cheers
ahh, for some reasons i thought switching to NHL would not show me anymore the SHTOI and stuff like that.. it does and also shows the updated roster with full stats for players who joined in progress, like Kotalik.
Thx man!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

i've just realized my team apparently only has a frigging 6th rounder out of the whole 2010 draft:

http://www.bbklhockey.com/download/file ... &mode=view

:evil

that is tragic!

am i wrong? are the drafts orders available somewhere?
jcarton

Post by jcarton »

Welcome to the league man
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

kyuss wroteCOLONc'mon, whoever do those awesome signature pictures could produce much cooler stuff on a Nordiques jersey than having to use a Predators one!
I would love the Predators over the Nordiques. ;)
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Snipeshow wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONc'mon, whoever do those awesome signature pictures could produce much cooler stuff on a Nordiques jersey than having to use a Predators one!
I would love the Predators over the Nordiques. ;)
ouch.. me wouldn't though! ;)

(btw, that Ryan signature is reeeally cool)
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

i wouldnt mind the sens in this league again
be weird for them to be a western team tho
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

BTW, I call dibs on the Nordiques ... ask Scott. I brought this up a few days before you entered the league.

Shotgun!!

:66
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nighthock wroteCOLONBTW, I call dibs on the Nordiques ... ask Scott. I brought this up a few days before you entered the league.

Shotgun!!

:66
but you have the Islanders, it's easier to stay in New York than building a successful hockey team in Nashville!

you know, where few cares.. low revenues, little crowd, lame atmosphere.. lol
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

okay, fine ... I want to move to Oakland, California and become the Seals. A little more difficult being on the West Coast though ... at least for divisions.

Either that or move to Hamilton and become the Tigers ... or the New NEW Ottawa Senators. :lol:
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

lol I love the Preds and Islanders.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

very 'meh'

if the GM really wants it... and it does not change their conference.... i don't see an issue... however i kinda like having as many actual teams as possible... changing NYI is a no-no IMO...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm completely against relocation, always have been, this instance is no different.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

no more relocations
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Yeah, because you have teams you actually like ... I hate the Islanders, New York, and their ugly logo.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Nighthock wroteCOLONYeah, because you have teams you actually like ... I hate the Islanders, New York, and their ugly logo.

they are a storied franchise... and IMO they have awesome colours..... and the preds have unique colours in the league...
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Nighthock wroteCOLONYeah, because you have teams you actually like ... I hate the Islanders, New York, and their ugly logo.
what? i don't like the isles as a team but love them as a franchise....you have a great franchise tony!
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Alright, let's trade then ... all players, all picks, everything. :o
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

ah ah i find the situation kinda hilarious i must say..

hey nighthock, if not for your brand new signature maybe we could exchange our teams names/cities lol, i could live with isles easier than with the Preds.
Still, the Sens would be a real NHL team missing..

maybe we could play some kind of fantasy game using the Stanley Cup Finals to determine who would get the Nordiques if allowed, i could give you some kind of home advantage as apparently you were the first making the request :mrgreen:

Anyway, more seriously speaking, at the moment i have two positions in me colliding:

1- the gamer in me says: what the hell, it's a fantasy league after all, the purpose should be let everyone build and enjoy his fantasies as best as he can.. in fact someone else already relocated..
2-on the other hand, we agreed entering the league without any word on the chance of relocating.. and running another league myself, i understand where being adverse unnecessary changes can come from.. more importantly, the guys who spend time and energy to put together and run the league have obviously every reason to be the ones deciding, and accordingly to their preference.

So we will just have to accept whatever they decide without any grumbling.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to