GDP Week 7

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Re: GDP Week 7

Post by Tony »

dave1959 wroteCOLONI never got the thinking that PMs should be a good thing.

they hurt a team, not help it.
It's so piece of crap players we have to use for GP actually contribute something.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Dont be so quick for so many cats change
Useless PIMs still benefit most teams for parity purposes. If we suggest more skill-driven cats added in, it only benefits top tier teams. Sure, we wanna watch the big dogs hash it out in style but in the end, weaker teams have even less to depend on giving some top teams a little random trouble sometimes
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Monk wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONI'm just glad I played Witkowski this week
I actually think we should look into getting rid of the category PIMs. Replacing it with something like take-aways or something more skilled related. As goons are faded out in the NHL we are seeing less PIMs week-to-week. I've won the PIMs category with 9 before. That's shameful, considering I had 62 games played that week.
Wholeheartedly agree, was going to post this offseason we get rid of PIMs but I forgot. It's a fucking worthless stat. Although I don't mind keeping +/-, just take out PIMs and have a takeaways +/giveaways - stat instead... Or take out +/- as well in addition to PIMs and have 1 Cat each for takeaways and 1 for giveaways
This is what id like to see.
Takeaway/giveaway is just as useless of a stats. It's not like NBA where you know exactly what a steal is or NFL where you know exactly what a fumble/int is. It's a vague and subjective statistic that is not tracked uniformly or correctly.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Neither are hits. We still use those.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Players of TA/GA output values dont vary as largely in degree i dont think as hits do
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Brent burns had 50 more giveaways in 2016 than the next guy.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Conditions:
- If Eaves reaches 25 goals or 50 points and Connolly doesn't reach 25 goals or 50 points, VGK sends a '18 4th to NSH
- If Eaves and Connolly both reach either 25 goals or 50 points, no conditional pick is sent
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points but still has either 10 more goals or 20 more points than Connolly and has both more goals and points than Connolly, no conditional pick is sent
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points and also fails to score either 10 more goals or 20 more points than Connolly, but still has both more goals and points than Connolly, NSH sends a '18 6th to VGK
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points and has fewer goals or points than Connolly, NSH sends a '18 4th to VGK

I need a lawyer for this one. Seems like a lot of conditions for a 4th or a 6th rounder.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Malette18 wroteCOLONConditions:
- If Eaves reaches 25 goals or 50 points and Connolly doesn't reach 25 goals or 50 points, VGK sends a '18 4th to NSH
- If Eaves and Connolly both reach either 25 goals or 50 points, no conditional pick is sent
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points but still has either 10 more goals or 20 more points than Connolly and has both more goals and points than Connolly, no conditional pick is sent
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points and also fails to score either 10 more goals or 20 more points than Connolly, but still has both more goals and points than Connolly, NSH sends a '18 6th to VGK
- If Eaves fails to reach 25 goals or 50 points and has fewer goals or points than Connolly, NSH sends a '18 4th to VGK

I need a lawyer for this one. Seems like a lot of conditions for a 4th or a 6th rounder.
This is a nsh trade for you.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

so since Eaves can no longer produce the conditional output, NSH sends a 4th 2018
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Matthew wroteCOLONBrent burns had 50 more giveaways in 2016 than the next guy.
This is my issue with a giveaway/takeaway stat.

It is going to really negatively affect the best D since they are usually the giveaway leaders since they are on the ice the most and handle the puck a lot. Would be interested in seeing how it would affect the Fantrax rankings of some D.

I'd be more on board with takeaways as a stat and leaving out giveaways, but also I don't think the current system is broken so I'm not sure I see the need for change. I'm also always among the PIM leaders so I could be biased, but I have players like Gudas, Kane, Zadorov and Nurse for a reason.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONBrent burns had 50 more giveaways in 2016 than the next guy.
This is my issue with a giveaway/takeaway stat.

It is going to really negatively affect the best D since they are usually the giveaway leaders since they are on the ice the most and handle the puck a lot. Would be interested in seeing how it would affect the Fantrax rankings of some D.

I'd be more on board with takeaways as a stat and leaving out giveaways, but also I don't think the current system is broken so I'm not sure I see the need for change. I'm also always among the PIM leaders so I could be biased, but I have players like Gudas, Kane, Zadorov and Nurse for a reason.
But given they are on the ice a lot and are good shouldn't they also have a lot more takeaways, probably more than they have giveaways? Im more interested in this replacing plus/minus, as they are a similar type of stat, but one is a more personal stat and the other is more of a team stat.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

That makes sense, since generally it is forwards that are pressuring defensemen into giving up the puck right. Would TOI or something not also be a good indicator of how important/good a player is? I think it was Nick who had talked about it as a counting stat a number of years ago.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Dmen get more icetime. Either way we are going to have a position that benefits from a new stat.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

At the very least a discussion of what to replace +/- with needs to happen first. At least PIM is an individual "stat"
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

koomzzz wroteCOLONAt the very least a discussion of what to replace +/- with needs to happen first. At least PIM is an individual "stat"
Why not just break up stp into pp and sh pts. At least that is an individual stat and each require a different skill. I really don't like takeaway/giveaway because not only is it tracked poorly L, but there is little if any correlation that there is a skill to it. It's all based on ice time and luck.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONAt the very least a discussion of what to replace +/- with needs to happen first. At least PIM is an individual "stat"
Why not just break up stp into pp and sh pts. At least that is an individual stat and each require a different skill. I really don't like takeaway/giveaway because not only is it tracked poorly L, but there is little if any correlation that there is a skill to it. It's all based on ice time and luck.
I'd love primary assists to be a thing if supported by Fantrax not sure about that. But yea takeaway/giveaways seems like a shit show
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Even strength pts an option on fantrax? Primary assists?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I'd love primary assists to be a thing if supported by Fantrax not sure about that. But yea takeaway/giveaways seems like a shit show
It's like you read my mind lol!
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
It's like you read my mind lol!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to