Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: 2017-18 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by kimmer »

So we gonna punish him for having 2.75M of unaccounted cap space for 3 wks? CC?

I mean, Scott has the assets tab automated so that as soon as u enter the last name, the players correct database shows up. He has no excuse here. He blatantly spelt it this way to get 2.75 of space and not have to waive anyone. Anyone not find this strange that he voluntarily posts innocence on why he "cant figure out why the caps not working"?

Fwiw, i have the screen cap where it shows him spelling it Eric Haula with no cap value on the IR cell if need to be provided
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kimmer wroteCOLONSo we gonna punish him for having 2.75M of unaccounted cap space for 3 wks? CC?

I mean, Scott has the assets tab automated so that as soon as u enter the last name, the players correct database shows up. He has no excuse here. He blatantly spelt it this way to get 2.75 of space and not have to waive anyone. Anyone not find this strange that he voluntarily posts innocence on why he "cant figure out why the caps not working"?

Fwiw, i have the screen cap where it shows him spelling it Eric Haula with no cap value on the IR cell if need to be provided
I'm curious how Hornqvist was eligible to be LTIR as well when he literally only missed 3 whole games.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONSo we gonna punish him for having 2.75M of unaccounted cap space for 3 wks? CC?

I'm curious how Hornqvist was eligible to be LTIR as well when he literally only missed 3 whole games.
Then claims Matt Hendricks. I will take him now, as I was the only other person to claim him when he was on waivers.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

This is allowed as no one can guess hownlongbabplayer will be out.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

This does seem odd. It seems odd because he was fighting so hard to get scandella on ltir for 3 weeks before the season, and it was rejected, and this just happens to save him cap. Would this have put him over the maximum cap limit?

But to be clear, I'm clueless.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

He was literally on the ice 2 days later. Seemed pretty clear according to reports at the time that he was getting close to coming back. I think providing a link to an actual article rather than a fantrax update isn't too much to ask. Definitely an exploitation of a gray area.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

He was literally on the ice 2 days later. Seemed pretty clear according to reports at the time that he was getting close to coming back. I think providing a link to an actual article rather than a fantrax update isn't too much to ask. Definitely an exploitation of a gray area.

Mik likes to do that
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Oh hey look. Mik doing more shady shit. I can't wait for him not to be punished for it again.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Speaking of gray areas, what is the rule on using actual rosters players that would be subject to waivers as LTIR relief on a teams initial roster submission? Considering Vancouver is using like 18 mil in LTIR relief from waiver eligible players.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONSpeaking of gray areas, what is the rule on using actual rosters players that would be subject to waivers as LTIR relief on a teams initial roster submission? Considering Vancouver is using like 18 mil in LTIR relief from waiver eligible players.
Why not? He is using 2 players that will never play again for no reason. All it does it take up 2 contracts spots. Probably hurts him tbh.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONHe was literally on the ice 2 days later. Seemed pretty clear according to reports at the time that he was getting close to coming back. I think providing a link to an actual article rather than a fantrax update isn't too much to ask. Definitely an exploitation of a gray area.
For reference, he was skating on his own 2 days before the season opener, rejoined team practice 3 days after the opener
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/914864561349693441
https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/hornq ... -291681650
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONSpeaking of gray areas, what is the rule on using actual rosters players that would be subject to waivers as LTIR relief on a teams initial roster submission? Considering Vancouver is using like 18 mil in LTIR relief from waiver eligible players.
Why not? He is using 2 players that will never play again for no reason. All it does it take up 2 contracts spots. Probably hurts him tbh.
So you don't see a problem with being able to artificially go over the salary cap and not place any of those waiver eligible players through waivers? Why not just waive those guys? Bc it's obviously advantageous to keep them and designate any player you like as relief without having to pass anyone through waivers.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

I asked CC myself on Sekera before the season and was told that to start the season you can use any player since there are no waivers so you can send down and call up anyone so to speak. But after submission/week 1 it's exempt or newly acquired only.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
So you don't see a problem with being able to artificially go over the salary cap and not place any of those waiver eligible players through waivers? Why not just waive those guys? Bc it's obviously advantageous to keep them and designate any player you like as relief without having to pass anyone through waivers.
Well if they are injured long term then I see nothing wrong. If hey eventually do come off ltir then that person will need to do something about it. If not, then they stay on ltir and are useless.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shit. Nevermind. I think I read this wrong.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

foofnik wroteCOLON
I asked CC myself on Sekera before the season and was told that to start the season you can use any player since there are no waivers so you can send down and call up anyone so to speak. But after submission/week 1 it's exempt or newly acquired only.
This seems totally backwards. So we are using the NHL standard after week 1, but not for roster submission. What if you used waiver eligible guys on the initial submission, are they still eligible as LTIR relief after week 1? Literally makes zero sense why you would do that lol!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONShit. Nevermind. I think I read this wrong.
I mean if you need a refresher in how LTIR is supposed to work...

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Clearly how its being used is not correct in this instance if we are close resembling how the NHL uses it as Josh was apparently told it is to be used after week 1.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONShit. Nevermind. I think I read this wrong.
I mean if you need a refresher in how LTIR is supposed to work...

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Clearly how its being used is not correct in this instance if we are close resembling how the NHL uses it as Josh was apparently told it is to be used after week 1.
I mean the only advantage in my case of using Petry is that it buys me time to open cap space for Sekera, I wasn't under the gun before submission. When he comes back I obviously have to fit him in somehow. It's a bit different for the LTIR guys like Pronger or Horton though.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
This seems totally backwards. So we are using the NHL standard after week 1, but not for roster submission. What if you used waiver eligible guys on the initial submission, are they still eligible as LTIR relief after week 1? Literally makes zero sense why you would do that lol!
I had this issue last year with Grabovski. Was out all year, I was able to use waiver eligible players as cap relief from the start of the season and through the whole seaosn because obviously Grabovski never came back. Didn't make sense to me but that's what i was told the rule was so I used it.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Didn’t read all of this so correct me if I missed something but I don’t see an issue using waiver eligible players for cap relief, as if the injured player comes back you are forced to make a trade or roster move to accommodate the cap. Also you can trade for a player who isn’t waiver eligible to use up the LTIR cap space as well so I don’t see the difference.

Is this different in the NHL - I.e. does horton’s And lupul’s money have to be used by waiver eligible players??
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to