Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: 2017-18 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by kimmer »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONDidn’t read all of this so correct me if I missed something but I don’t see an issue using waiver eligible players for cap relief, as if the injured player comes back you are forced to make a trade or roster move to accommodate the cap. Also you can trade for a player who isn’t waiver eligible to use up the LTIR cap space as well so I don’t see the difference.

Is this different in the NHL - I.e. does horton’s And lupul’s money have to be used by waiver eligible players??
Nevermind the LTIR shit man

Read from here http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?p=280705#p280705

Second last post of page
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONit was already past 1a.m. here when I managed to get a look at my lineup on googledoc and had some troubles understanding what was happening with my cap, ended up changing my lineup on fantrax as a result: wanted to bench W.Karlsson and bring up another player, but to be safe I did not. I think the issue was related with the IR and it turns out I probably had almost 1M free, but even now that I think I did what I needed, Haula's salary doesn't show up and I don't think it's getting counted against the cap.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1156160615
Hey

Its because his name is Erik Haula bro
Viva la D'Italia
lol thx, growing older doing that shit that late doesn't seem to work well enough anymore

that was only the last problem I had last night, I think they were all IR related, still have to get used to the new sheets I guess. I could have listed dressed Janmark with a couple more minutes :|
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLONSo we gonna punish him for having 2.75M of unaccounted cap space for 3 wks? CC?

I mean, Scott has the assets tab automated so that as soon as u enter the last name, the players correct database shows up. He has no excuse here. He blatantly spelt it this way to get 2.75 of space and not have to waive anyone. Anyone not find this strange that he voluntarily posts innocence on why he "cant figure out why the caps not working"?

Fwiw, i have the screen cap where it shows him spelling it Eric Haula with no cap value on the IR cell if need to be provided
:lol:

and for a second I thought you knew what you were talking about, instead you're just trying to be an asshole
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

koomzzz wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONSpeaking of gray areas, what is the rule on using actual rosters players that would be subject to waivers as LTIR relief on a teams initial roster submission? Considering Vancouver is using like 18 mil in LTIR relief from waiver eligible players.
I asked CC myself on Sekera before the season and was told that to start the season you can use any player since there are no waivers so you can send down and call up anyone so to speak. But after submission/week 1 it's exempt or newly acquired only.
This seems totally backwards. So we are using the NHL standard after week 1, but not for roster submission. What if you used waiver eligible guys on the initial submission, are they still eligible as LTIR relief after week 1? Literally makes zero sense why you would do that lol!
I had this issue last year with Grabovski. Was out all year, I was able to use waiver eligible players as cap relief from the start of the season and through the whole seaosn because obviously Grabovski never came back. Didn't make sense to me but that's what i was told the rule was so I used it.
that's not how the rule automatically is though. You could only do that if the replacement players you used were used as replacements to start the season and were never changed.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLONOh hey look. Mik doing more shady shit. I can't wait for him not to be punished for it again.
I didn't in the past, and I didn't here either. But hey, feel free to buy Kim's BS
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONDidn’t read all of this so correct me if I missed something but I don’t see an issue using waiver eligible players for cap relief, as if the injured player comes back you are forced to make a trade or roster move to accommodate the cap. Also you can trade for a player who isn’t waiver eligible to use up the LTIR cap space as well so I don’t see the difference.

Is this different in the NHL - I.e. does horton’s And lupul’s money have to be used by waiver eligible players??
Yes it is different, but if the rule is as Matt explained it when I read back through the LTIR thread that when Kesler comes off LTIR Dubinski has to pass through waivers. The truly puzzling part is allowing for waiver eligible players to be used as relief on the initial submission, but using the NHL standard after initial roster submission. Clearly the rule is not the same as the NHL rules, but I'm confused why it would be allowed on the original submission, but revert to NHL rules for the rest of the season.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONSpeaking of gray areas, what is the rule on using actual rosters players that would be subject to waivers as LTIR relief on a teams initial roster submission? Considering Vancouver is using like 18 mil in LTIR relief from waiver eligible players.
I asked CC myself on Sekera before the season and was told that to start the season you can use any player since there are no waivers so you can send down and call up anyone so to speak. But after submission/week 1 it's exempt or newly acquired only.
This seems totally backwards. So we are using the NHL standard after week 1, but not for roster submission. What if you used waiver eligible guys on the initial submission, are they still eligible as LTIR relief after week 1? Literally makes zero sense why you would do that lol!
I had this issue last year with Grabovski. Was out all year, I was able to use waiver eligible players as cap relief from the start of the season and through the whole seaosn because obviously Grabovski never came back. Didn't make sense to me but that's what i was told the rule was so I used it.
that's not how the rule automatically is though. You could only do that if the replacement players you used were used as replacements to start the season and were never changed.
That's literally exactly what he just said.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONOh hey look. Mik doing more shady shit. I can't wait for him not to be punished for it again.
I didn't in the past, and I didn't here either. But hey, feel free to buy Kim's BS
You literally had his name spelled wrong and his cap was not being calculated bc of the misspelled name. I could buy that it was an error if you didn't wait until week 3 to say something or had made your weekly roster submissions. That's impossible to miss if you are actually keeping up with your spreadsheet, so either it was intentional or it was at the very least neglect. Ignorance is not an excuse because you literally waited 3 goddamn weeks.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLON I had this issue last year with Grabovski. Was out all year, I was able to use waiver eligible players as cap relief from the start of the season and through the whole seaosn because obviously Grabovski never came back. Didn't make sense to me but that's what i was told the rule was so I used it.
in the above sentence he didn't say the waiver eligible players used as replacements needed to remain the same
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
You literally had his name spelled wrong and his cap was not being calculated bc of the misspelled name. I could buy that it was an error if you didn't wait until week 3 to say something or had made your weekly roster submissions. That's impossible to miss if you are actually keeping up with your spreadsheet, so either it was intentional or it was at the very least neglect. Ignorance is not an excuse because you literally waited 3 goddamn weeks.
oh I agree, but just like Lee and Kim, you don't know what you're talking about.

Hint: actually looking at my googledoc may help.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLON I had this issue last year with Grabovski. Was out all year, I was able to use waiver eligible players as cap relief from the start of the season and through the whole seaosn because obviously Grabovski never came back. Didn't make sense to me but that's what i was told the rule was so I used it.
in the above sentence he didn't say the waiver eligible players used as replacements needed to remain the same
What would even be the point of changing them if you are using the closest cap hit as relief from the start? Lol!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

kimmer wroteCOLONSo we gonna punish him for having 2.75M of unaccounted cap space for 3 wks? CC?

I mean, Scott has the assets tab automated so that as soon as u enter the last name, the players correct database shows up. He has no excuse here. He blatantly spelt it this way to get 2.75 of space and not have to waive anyone. Anyone not find this strange that he voluntarily posts innocence on why he "cant figure out why the caps not working"?

Fwiw, i have the screen cap where it shows him spelling it Eric Haula with no cap value on the IR cell if need to be provided

Let the record show that the red text needs corrected and untrue
I confused the automation feature being in ADHL sheet as also at work here too but it doesnt (referring to a auto drop down menu of players names that correlate to ur search parameter)

However if u still misspell names in bbkl, u get no value so any competent gm shud pay attention instantly and not leave it 3 wks
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
What would even be the point of changing them if you are using the closest cap hit as relief from the start? Lol!
don't know, them getting injured as well?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

Yes it is different, but if the rule is as Matt explained it when I read back through the LTIR thread that when Kesler comes off LTIR Dubinski has to pass through waivers. The truly puzzling part is allowing for waiver eligible players to be used as relief on the initial submission, but using the NHL standard after initial roster submission. Clearly the rule is not the same as the NHL rules, but I'm confused why it would be allowed on the original submission, but revert to NHL rules for the rest of the season.
our rule is replacement players can't be on the active lineup already, so they can either come via trade or from the farm. We have no waivers in the off season, we do in-season... so in-season only waiver exempt players can go down and up to be used as replacements without getting exposed to the waiver wire
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONShit. Nevermind. I think I read this wrong.
I mean if you need a refresher in how LTIR is supposed to work...

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Clearly how its being used is not correct in this instance if we are close resembling how the NHL uses it as Josh was apparently told it is to be used after week 1.
Where is the part about only waiver exempt guys? Just skimmed and maybe missed it.

Leafs are using 5.5M and I didn't remember any discussion in the media about only using exempt guys for that and Lupul's remaining space.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

our rule is replacement players can't be on the active lineup already, so they can either come via trade or from the farm. We have no waivers in the off season, we do in-season... so in-season only waiver exempt players can go down and up to be used as replacements without getting exposed to the waiver wire
And you don't view this as a loophole in the rule? It's just a way to circumvent the cap and avoid sending players through waivers.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLON

Let the record show that the red text needs corrected and untrue
I confused the automation feature being in ADHL sheet as also at work here too but it doesnt (referring to a auto drop down menu of players names that correlate to ur search parameter)

However if u still misspell names in bbkl, u get no value so any competent gm shud pay attention instantly and not leave it 3 wks
dude, seriously, did you look at my sheets? I was cap compliant all 3 weeks with Erik Haula's salary included. Maybe people should at least take a look before blaming people lol
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONAnd you don't view this as a loophole in the rule? It's just a way to circumvent the cap and avoid sending players through waivers.
you can call it a loophole if you want, it's the same for everyone and it's a logic consequence of a rule (replacement players can't be on the active roster already) that is simple/clean, so I've no problem with it personally.

Disclaimer: I'm not obsessed with how things work in real life as long as they work in our game, so that might be the difference
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

Clearly how its being used is not correct in this instance if we are close resembling how the NHL uses it as Josh was apparently told it is to be used after week 1.
Where is the part about only waiver exempt guys? Just skimmed and maybe missed it.

Leafs are using 5.5M and I didn't remember any discussion in the media about only using exempt guys for that and Lupul's remaining space.
I think its a rule we devised based on the fact that we only use AAV and cant take bonus relief into consideration. As u see here
Screenshot_20171017-095202.png
However see here
Screenshot_20171017-095212.png
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

The point is in the NHL you have to be cap compliant day 1 of the nhl season. It's why teams send guys down all the time that are waiver exempt to get under the cap ceiling on their initial roster and then call guys back up and you that ltir relief after becoming compliant. Without looking Vancouver has what 88 million or so in salary on his roster? I'm not even sure if he has an waiver exempt guys to send down and bring back up. I can pretty much guarantee he wouldn't have enough to get under the ceiling though.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to