Welcome to TBone

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Welcome to TBone

Post by Bruyns »

3 out of 4 season IFFHL champ, smart guy, family man, west coast?, asian, all around decent human being.

Feel free to give yourself a more proper introduction, but good to have you on board and enjoy the league!
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: Welcome to TBone

Post by timwebb1212 »

KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Hello and welcome.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Hi Asian friend! Im from Hong Kong!
welcome!
#91 - John Tavares
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

IFFHL Kelowna right? Never knew his actual name, he was always just Kelowna haha.

Welcome aboard
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Welcome
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

foofnik wroteCOLONIFFHL Kelowna right? Never knew his actual name, he was always just Kelowna haha.

Welcome aboard
tbone
PostsCOLON 349
JoinedCOLON Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by tbone »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLONImage
You nailed it Tim - this was exactly the episode I watched and had on my mind when I first registered for IFFHL four years ago
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Glad you joined us Jimmy.
tbone
PostsCOLON 349

Post by tbone »

Bruyns wroteCOLON3 out of 4 season IFFHL champ, smart guy, family man, west coast?, asian, all around decent human being.

Feel free to give yourself a more proper introduction, but good to have you on board and enjoy the league!
Thx Matt, try to follow your lead. Actually been pretty lucky with IFFHL and picked a few studs that has kept the roll going.
tbone
PostsCOLON 349

Post by tbone »

Anyways, greetings all, I'm Jimmy Wong and reside in Vancouver, BC - at least for now until the ridiculous home prices drive my young family to the boonies. Been following the Canucks and hockey for most of my life, though never actually played the sport - could barely skate until I've started to get my two youngsters Justin and Kaitlyn into it, so now can at least make a few loops without falling flat on my face.

I'm a Business Systems Analyst by trade and work with numbers and spreadsheets, as well as databases extensively, so having a ton of stats to analyze through is right up my alley. Actually fairly new to dynasty leagues compared to most - IFFHL was my first and been there for four years - only in one other smaller league for 3. So mostly learning on the fly as required with most things in life these days. Definitely do enjoy large farm systems as one of the most enjoyable parts is to watch your young talent grow with you over the years (or wither into oblivion). I strive to respond to all PMs promptly and to be fair and civil – treat others as you want them to treat yourself.

Always a tough balance between work, family and fantasy hockey, have to fight through Business process stakeholders and Technical junkies during the day and seemingly uncontrollable kids back home, as well as setting aside personal time with the wifey (who happens to hate hockey which I’m sure may be familiar to many). But always try to find a way to fit in my passions, for which hockey is definitely one of them to keep me sane. Also a big racquet sports addict, play tennis and in particularly squash religiously each week to stay in shape - nothing like pounding a small ball away as the ultimate release.

I'm up for the challenge as it sounds like many of you are seasoned pros - so entirely possible some of you will take me to the cleaners initially - no worries though, will treat it as a learning process as I get to know you all better (and ensure there'll be payback)

Thank-you for your consideration
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Sounds like an awesome addition. Now know more about you than most of the league haha. Welcome!
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

nice intro!!! im sure you'd be a great GM especially you analyse stats for work.. fantasy leagues are all about stats (sorry to say but that's what i do as i don't get to watch as much games as you guys do...)
so are you from Hong Kong? (if mainland their last name'd be wang or huang... tw is huang?.. singaporean or malaysian also wang i think?)
#91 - John Tavares
tbone
PostsCOLON 349

Post by tbone »

hong57 wroteCOLONnice intro!!! im sure you'd be a great GM especially you analyse stats for work.. fantasy leagues are all about stats (sorry to say but that's what i do as i don't get to watch as much games as you guys do...)
so are you from Hong Kong? (if mainland their last name'd be wang or huang... tw is huang?.. singaporean or malaysian also wang i think?)
Yep, born in Hong Kong but came to Canada was I was a tot, so have been mostly westernized. Been back to HK a couple of times on vacation, but never had an inkling to stay too long in that massive crowded metropolis
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Hey Jimmy, welcome aboard :D
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

I was born in HK too! immigrated to Toronto and stayed for 4 years! unfortunately my family decided to move back in 2000 as it seems safe after the 1997 handover and due to various other reasons so i'm back in hk for 17 years now... missed my time in canada.. i guess you can speak some cantonese?
#91 - John Tavares
tbone
PostsCOLON 349

Post by tbone »

Well, just a tad when i visit my parents - trying to speak as much with my young kids as possible to keep them going at it - got them enrolled in cantonese school also, which I never got a chance to go to. Always good to maintain your native language
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Welcome T-bone
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

néih hóu
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Welcome to the show mate. No bigger stage than BBKL. Also props to whoever found you. Seem like a good addition who knows their shit.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to