Nick quit

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Nick quit

Post by CAM »

Sucks Nick is leaving. One of the good guys. Love his opinions and smarts on politics and nice to have a Western Canada POV. Hope you reconsider Nick.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Sad to see Nick goes.. I hope he reconsiders it if it was an emotional decision.. i did lost my player for not having him in fantrax (but on my spreadsheet).. i am all for rules strictly being enforced especially bookkeeping.. there is no mercy to breaking a law even it is for an ethical goods point of view.. part of my real life job is to ensure the laws and regulations are being complied.. i know how it feels but that's the way it should be..
Nick.. you are a very decent GM and has proven with brilliant track record.. i do hope you reconsider over an emotional decision.. we all understand.. but if not.. i wish you nothing but the best to your future endeavours..

With regards
#91 - John Tavares
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Acting like the Gestapo isn't very fun either though.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Will be missed
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Tony wroteCOLONMik, Kyle (NYR) and myself joined up in 2009 I believe. Whatever the time was right after season 1 ended.
2010, May

as for the this thread topic, really a disappointing ending of an unfortunate situation
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

No chance we can talk Nick into continuing?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

should he change his mind shortly and want to stay would be nice, but given his words it seems unlikely.

Maybe politics are just taking too much time and reasoning away to have enough left for BBKL
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Tony wroteCOLONActing like the Gestapo isn't very fun either though.

not even fucking close!
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew wroteCOLONNo chance we can talk Nick into continuing?
should we get on our knees and beg people to stay??
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONNo chance we can talk Nick into continuing?
should we get on our knees and beg people to stay??
U make it sound more dramatic than it is.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

I like Nick, he's a good fella, but if someone decides to quit then I feel the no longer have any heart/passion for this anymore. NO need to wait and see if he would like to return. I feel like Nick already knew he was done this with place.
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONI like Nick, he's a good fella, but if someone decides to quit then I feel the no longer have any heart/passion for this anymore. NO need to wait and see if he would like to return. I feel like Nick already knew he was done this with place.

Yep, he was likely already done, just needed a final push.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

One of my biggest learnings in the last 3 years has been about people and leadership.

You could let Nick walk with the attitude of "well he quit over something stupid so that his stupidity for getting emotional." While that logic may make a lot of sense, it is quite counterintuitive. For organizational longevity, whether it is a company, a sports franchise or a fantasy hockey league, I truly believe people have to be at the core. That means being forgiving and giving empathy to people when they are at their worst. I think everyone here has probably had a time when they've wanted to quit their job or leave a significant other or run in the other direction when faced with adversity while being in an emotional state. When you calm down though, you can also make better decisions. Doesn't mean anyone was an idiot for losing their cool. It happens with things that we truly care about. We get emotional about it. That's life.

I'd openly embrace Nick back into the league if he wants to change his mind about quitting. Guy has done so much for the league, is a person of integrity. I could care less if he had a lapse in judgment while quitting. I see this league lasting for decades and key is keeping the group together whenever possible.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Robin Hood wroteCOLONOne of my biggest learnings in the last 3 years has been about people and leadership.

You could let Nick walk with the attitude of "well he quit over something stupid so that his stupidity for getting emotional." While that logic may make a lot of sense, it is quite counterintuitive. For organizational longevity, whether it is a company, a sports franchise or a fantasy hockey league, I truly believe people have to be at the core. That means being forgiving and giving empathy to people when they are at their worst. I think everyone here has probably had a time when they've wanted to quit their job or leave a significant other or run in the other direction when faced with adversity while being in an emotional state. When you calm down though, you can also make better decisions. Doesn't mean anyone was an idiot for losing their cool. It happens with things that we truly care about. We get emotional about it. That's life.

I'd openly embrace Nick back into the league if he wants to change his mind about quitting. Guy has done so much for the league, is a person of integrity. I could care less if he had a lapse in judgment while quitting. I see this league lasting for decades and key is keeping the group together whenever possible.

I absolutely agree
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Could one not also argue that as a veteran member of the league maybe Nick should show a bit of leadership himself in not quitting over being held responsible for his mistakes? He's an original member, and former CC guy so I'm sure he knows that the league needs to be held to a certain standard to continue to function as well. As others have said I like nick a lot and he's good for the league, but we can't hold certain people over the rules and not others, and the rules ultimately are what keeps the place running.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I would have no aversion to him changing his mind either, but he seemed pretty adamant that we needed to allow him to keep Shipachyov or he was done.
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

When will a new GM be hired?
tbone
PostsCOLON 349
JoinedCOLON Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by tbone »

I'm here, apologies to all if I slowed down the process or held things up. Just got home from work and traffic a beast as usual.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

No worries Jimmy. Glad you made it.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

no need to apologize.. welcome aboard sir!
#91 - John Tavares
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to