Attachments
Screenshot_20170426-111100.png
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Drones

Post by The BBKL Insider »

need to get into the 500+ dollar range to get a decent one.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

We just bought DJI Phantom Pro 4 +. Pretty sweet machine. Are you buying this for personal reasons or commercial? I just finished ground school and Radio certification to be able to fly commercially. If you plan on recreational use only, you are extremely limited. Southern Ontario is basically a dead zone for recreational drone use. If you are caught the fines are ridiculous. 12 months imprisonment and $3000 fine.

The fine for $25k is for unlawful acts on the radio, sorry just learning myself.
Last edited by 1 on CAM, edited 0 times in total.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

You need Industry Canada certification on Radio to communicate with pilots and you need to know all active aerodromes and the affected air spaces by Class. the Transport Canada rules are extremely strict now and this is all Federally regulated.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

What
I see niggas flying them in parks all the time
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

As long as you stay below 90m and if you are in an active airspace, you need to notify the tower. Transport Canada doesnt have the manpower to enforce their rules.

Rules for recreational drones
If you fly your drone for fun and it weighs more than 250 g and up to 35 kg, you do not need special permission from Transport Canada to fly.

Follow the basic safety rules below. Not doing so may put lives, aircraft and property at risk. If you fly where you are not allowed or choose not to follow any of the rules below, you could face fines of up to $3,000.

Do not fly your drone:

higher than 90 m above the ground
closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
within controlled or restricted airspace
within nine km of a forest fire
where it could interfere with police or first responders
at night or in clouds
if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
if you are not within 500 m of your drone
if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.

This map of canada shows where you can and cannot fly.

https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/solution ... _tool.html
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

yup, here at our College we need an active radio and have to stay on our own grounds. We have to fly under 90m also.

No photo's off our grounds either...pretty strick...we all need to carry an airspace radio to notify any incoming planes.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONyup, here at our College we need an active radio and have to stay on our own grounds. We have to fly under 90m also.

No photo's off our grounds either...pretty strick...we all need to carry an airspace radio to notify any incoming planes.
Are you guys in Greenwood airspace? or just outside?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Lol
All i wanna use it for is to just take a bunch of kool aerial view group photos for a bunch of asian kids are going to the park for a bbq event
Probably not flying it past like 30 meters lol
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Yea and what happens if you have link drop or it falls out of sky and hurts someone? Do you have liability insurance?

People obviously fly in illegal places everywhere but if you try to avoid people, traffic and buildings it will go a long way. Now if you specifically want to fly over peoples heads in a public park, you are playing with fire. Any peace officer now has the right to ask for Industry and Transport Canada papers.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Ya man
Im asian...
We dont rly care about laws man
Look what we do to housing makrets in toronto

If it lands on one of our heads we aint gonna throw each other under the bus bro
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Cam is such a dad.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Lol...true. I am sure that 15% tax will fix everything...:)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Vancouver all ready has the tax and Victoria is about to impose the foreign tax too.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Matthew wroteCOLONCam is such a dad.
Well I am but thats besides the point. I am trying to acquire an SFOC (Special Flight Operations Certificate) from TC. I am following all the rules. The new rules are so strict because of the lack of the recreational flyers regard for any common sense.(not all by any means) So due to lack of resources by TC they basically slapped the entire drone industry into the same class that pilots fall. It has put a real hindrance on startups that want to use Drone technology applications/systems. The rules are there now, but the more incidents that continue to occur, the harder it will be in the future to obtain permits. Like the jackass that had his drone at 1500 ft and almost hit a plane in Ottawa. That guy ruins it for everyone. Give er hell Paul, I know it is tough to find a safe place in S. Ont but there is not the resources to police the industry atm. Its on you. Do you label your name and contact info on it? yes if you lose radio and want it back but what if it crashes into someones head, you want your info on it?
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

But back to the topic of Drones, you cant go wrong with DJI. Unless yo are an experienced pilot that is an amazing starter. If you only want to go 30 ft, i would go to toys-r-us. Seriously. I have one that cost 60 bucks and it actually takes amazing photos and vids.

I should state that when i make all these opinions I am talking about drones that can fly 85 km'h and weigh about 5-10 lbs. I am not referencing the foam quads.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

CAM wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONyup, here at our College we need an active radio and have to stay on our own grounds. We have to fly under 90m also.

Are you guys in Greenwood airspace? or just outside?
I think we are greenwood airspace, it's why we need to carry some industrial radio to notify any incoming planes.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Ya looks like im goin to toys r us beo
Thats all i need lol wasnt lookin to become a airspace captain lolll
That means i gotta buy a captain uniform and hat and all that shit probably expensive
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Lol, it is. We are about about 6k so far when you consider drone, batteries, training. etc...
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to