Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Re: 1100 GP Minimum

Post by koomzzz »

its sort of shocking to see the defense of a broken system, IMO. I haven't read through all this or know the actual rule the way it's meant to be known. but if two teams missed GP by 12 games, and one finished 30th and the other finished 26th. the team finishing 30th should't be punished anymore than the other. if that's the case it doesn't need to be revamped in the future, that shit needed to be revamped before it was written. that makes no sense.

it's also kind of fucky if the team who owns the 1st of the team that missed GP get awarded another 1st that has to come from the team of which they already have the first. maybe i'm missing the bigger picture here but that's insane.

it sort of seems more logical to award compensatory picks independently from the team that missed GP. if we even want to do that. I came into this league with hardly any picks really. i moved 1sts for higher impact guys to replace injury holes, say those guys got injured too, then I missed GP? I don't have picks to give. I'd have to go out into the market and find them? jus to go and give them to the guy that already has my first?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I don't think there are a lot of GMs defending the system. This compensation thing is new and never used to be part of BBKL. I wasn't involved and maybe the people who really pushed for it can explain it better but I think it's because they traded for the pick and then it gets moved back through no fault of their own so they should be compensated. I don't agree with this, but I think that was the rationale.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

So it's more fair that a GM who owns the pick of a team that missed GP gets screwed over through no fault of his own?

Don't fucking miss GP. We've been a league for 7+ years. This is not new.

Maybe the punishment should be less severe but come the fuck on. You know the consequences of missing GP. Take some personal responsibility and don't boo hoo and threaten to quit because you missed GP. Or better yet just quit so we can get people who aren't man-children in here. Don't threaten to quit just so people can tell you that you're a special little boy and we need you here. It's plain and simple attention whoring.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lee wroteCOLONSo it's more fair that a GM who owns the pick of a team that missed GP gets screwed over through no fault of his own?

Don't fucking miss GP. We've been a league for 7+ years. This is not new.
Define "screwed"
Is having a high lottery pick within 2-5 range that volatile of a situation or a lack of blessing enough to warrant a rebuilding team to give up another 1st out of their own pocket

If this compensation is so necesaary do so at a leagues expense/independently of re-punishing a lower team

A fine should be implemented to those who missed gp independently without rewarding another team.
Just take a look at WHAT your arguing for. Its like you can't get past the little well water vision. U still think a gp missing team (because yea theyre a shit team but tried hard to combat it) needs to offer ANOTHER 1st to the "fucked over" (like really... how much fucked over...) team.

Once again i am not arguing for a "no fine" policy for making gp. I will gladly pay it. Its the method of payment and principles behind how whiny these pick pick owners get for not getting a 1st overall and arguing that it "fucked" them over. Get real with the exaggeration here
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

2014 draft I had VAN 1st 4th overall and would have drafted Draisatl instead it was moved down a spot and I traded it and Dal Colle would have been my selection at the time and he went 5th. Pretty big difference in hind sight and I remember being annoyed my pick was moved back when I did nothing wrong and it was explained to me that it's just the way it is and the adjustment is to the pick not the GM. I could live with a small compensation and would have been happy if I received it back then, but giving up 1sts or a 2nd + 3rd is overboard IMO.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

And i am appropriately attention whoring in my own right and reasoning and ya i will quit if need be. Point is no retard in or outside of the league will look at this policy and go "oh fuck ya nice. Very stern and just CBA this CC has created. Kudos to yall!!" It is totally independant of ones maturity level. Someone at any time who falls under this situation will bitch at it as long as this rule exists. We could have 8 years of everyone making gp and then the one year who gets affected by this will have a say.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Bruyns wroteCOLON2014 draft I had VAN 1st 4th overall and would have drafted Draisatl instead it was moved down a spot and I traded it and Dal Colle would have been my selection at the time and he went 5th. Pretty big difference in hind sight and I remember being annoyed my pick was moved back when I did nothing wrong and it was explained to me that it's just the way it is and the adjustment is to the pick not the GM. I could live with a small compensation and would have been happy if I received it back then, but giving up 1sts or a 2nd + 3rd is overboard IMO.
Yeah, pick compensation to the owning gm should be nothing. The reason being is that the movement of the pick is simply standings correction to where the pick should be had the offending gm not missed gp.

However the offending gm should be punished for missing gp.
If they own their own pick they should not be able to win the lottery, and a pick fine that is enough to make them not want to miss gp.

If another gm owns their pick, then the offending gm should still be fined, but perhaps a more steep fine.

And like Casper said, the penalty should be based upon how many games below the gp floor should warrant how steep the penalty.

However, imo, this should be put in for next season.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

why bother sliding the pick back if the offending GM doesn't even own it? just fine the offending GM. if a GM doesn't have their 1st round pick it'd be sort of obvious they're not trying to tank out the season since it wouldn't benefit them in the first round at all. and they'd likely be trying to make GP to avoid being fined whatever the fine was. i get the argument that if a team misses GP then they're artificially lower in the standings, but that's also a load of shit, you can roster a full team of plugs and make GP and go 0-82. or have some worthwhile guys and then ahlers who miss regular GP and go 10-72. but miss GP. How does one quantify the amount of points missed GP would accrue?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

It's standings adjustment to what the standings would have been if the gm hit gp, so that gms who own their picks, and are slightly behind the gm who owns the affected pick are treated fairly. We have an equation to fix it. That part is pretty straight forward, to be honest.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

Matthew wroteCOLONIt's standings adjustment to what the standings would have been if the gm hit gp, so that gms who own their picks, and are slightly behind the gm who owns the affected pick are treated fairly. We have an equation to fix it. That part is pretty straight forward, to be honest.
which is?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I'm absolutely mind blown at all the people that think the team that missed gp should have to figure the owner of the pick a 1st rd pick and we are going to allow the team owning the pick to win the lottery? I mean that wouldn't be the definition of having your cake and eating it too.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Got something to say foofnik? Been in this thread a while bro
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONI'm absolutely mind blown at all the people that think the team that missed gp should have to figure the owner of the pick a 1st rd pick and we are going to allow the team owning the pick to win the lottery? I mean that wouldn't be the definition of having your cake and eating it too.
No. If you win the lottery you don't get the compensation picks. Read the rule.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

koomzzz wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONIt's standings adjustment to what the standings would have been if the gm hit gp, so that gms who own their picks, and are slightly behind the gm who owns the affected pick are treated fairly. We have an equation to fix it. That part is pretty straight forward, to be honest.
which is?
Going into class now. Will grab it for u later.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kimmer wroteCOLONGot something to say foofnik? Been in this thread a while bro
Nope just left the tab open while I did some other stuff. No reason for me to continue beating a dead horse, y'all are doing a fine job. You know where I stand based on what was instituted in ADHL.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

its on page 1 of this thread

the formula.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Yah, just make it tougher for the rebuilding team to get out of the cellar. Sounds genius to me
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

kimmer wroteCOLONKapg u leavin?
If u leave so will i
Im in a situation where i gotta give up a 1st cuz im a 1st overall pick team. First time offender in 7 yrs here too.

So ur sayin u wud leave in my situation eh

Perhaps i will consider doing the same. It really is obscene, come to re-think about it
No no, I don't want to leave:). key word being want.

You being fined another first rounder would be bullshit in my eyes as you're CLEARLY not trying to tank with all the moves you make...some people are just super selfish and want more, more and more
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

KapG wroteCOLONYah, just make it tougher for the rebuilding team to get out of the cellar. Sounds genius to me
This shit isn't rocket science, I was a bottom dweller for years, and I managed to stay within all the rules every year, I made sure I would always hit GP minimum, and if I thought I wouldn't make it I traded picks and prospects to make the minimum requirement. I respected the rules and the system

Couple of years down I owned a pick that was also moved back because the team who it belonged to missed GP so I was punished for their mistakes, and I didn't whine and cry endlessly that it was sooo unfair, I stated my case it went against me and that was it.

Having said all of that there is no reason to punish the team who missed that minimum further, the GM should know that is unacceptable, and the team trading for said pick takes the risk knowing it could be moved back if the minimum is not met. The risk is on both sides.

Punishment for missing is simple, you miss it once I can understand that I walked a fine line myself, you missed it again you're fuckin done bitch. Cya
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Monk wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONYah, just make it tougher for the rebuilding team to get out of the cellar. Sounds genius to me
This shit isn't rocket science, I was a bottom dweller for years, and I managed to stay within all the rules every year, I made sure I would always hit GP minimum, and if I thought I wouldn't make it I traded picks and prospects to make the minimum requirement. I respected the rules and the system

Couple of years down I owned a pick that was also moved back because the team who it belonged to missed GP so I was punished for their mistakes, and I didn't whine and cry endlessly that it was sooo unfair, I stated my case it went against me and that was it.

Having said all of that there is no reason to punish the team who missed that minimum further, the GM should know that is unacceptable, and the team trading for said pick takes the risk knowing it could be moved back if the minimum is not met. The risk is on both sides.

Punishment for missing is simple, you miss it once I can understand that I walked a fine line myself, you missed it again you're fuckin done bitch. Cya
I'm actually not against booting for missing gp multiple times. Especially with the threshold being lowered to 850. That should be fairly impossible a number to miss if you are actually trying to ice a legit roster.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to