1100 GP Minimum

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: 1100 GP Minimum

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Lee wroteCOLONGiving a player a worse pick and a late first is not a reward. Given the choice between Eichel and a late 1st and Connor McDavid, it's an easy choice.

The pick I traded for won the lottery and I didn't get the first overall pick. Billy was punished. I was punished for someone elses mistake.

All this talk of " oh he would have been higher in rankings if he played 1100 gp" is all speculative bullshit.
It is a reward based on their explained theory of the rule. Now that's a totally different debate l, I agree but adjusting a pick to where it should have been based on their explanation then adding a 1st on top is most definitely a reward for the team holding the pick
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

McDavid and Eichels are extreme.. in that case i think there should be special arrangements as they are, IMO, the exceptions.. not the common cases.. forfeiting a first is just too big a punishment given their picks are already moved back a couple spots (which moving up would have cost another late 1st or 2nd..).. then they basically forfeit 2 high picks for losing (some) GP... I think each case should be discussed instead (as there are not much teams violating it) and should be case by case basis whether the GM makes an effort in making the GP and whether they had previously violate the same rule before (like there may be cases there are lots of injuries to the team.. then if they don't have much assets they really can't do much or else they had to pay their prospect for an overpriced GP player which is worthless, and even so they may still miss the GP..).. i think that would be more fair.. as you have to know most of those teams who tried to make the GP requirement but miss it are probably teams with least asset to do so.. forfeiting them would also increase the parity of the league..

just my opinion..
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

hong57 wroteCOLONMcDavid and Eichels are extreme.. in that case i think there should be special arrangements as they are, IMO, the exceptions.. not the common cases.. forfeiting a first is just too big a punishment given their picks are already moved back a couple spots (which moving up would have cost another late 1st or 2nd..).. then they basically forfeit 2 high picks for losing (some) GP... I think each case should be discussed instead (as there are not much teams violating it) and should be case by case basis whether the GM makes an effort in making the GP and whether they had previously violate the same rule before (like there may be cases there are lots of injuries to the team.. then if they don't have much assets they really can't do much or else they had to pay their prospect for an overpriced GP player which is worthless, and even so they may still miss the GP..).. i think that would be more fair.. as you have to know most of those teams who tried to make the GP requirement but miss it are probably teams with least asset to do so.. forfeiting them would also increase the parity of the league..

just my opinion..
The whole reason it was standardized is because doing it case by case is not a good idea. Suddenly you would have people blaming cc for favouritism and not being consistent when 2 cases don't line up perfectly. It's a pretty simple solution: Make gp and you won't need to face consequences.

Maybe there will be fine tuning for next season (again), but the current format will be used for this year.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Am I going to make it lol? Edit: it doesn't look like it...

If I don't, what's my fine (I don't want to read through all this)? If I have to give up a first I'll probably just leave cause that'd be obscene
Last edited by 1 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

KapG wroteCOLONAm I going to make it lol? Edit: it doesn't look like it...

If I don't, what's my fine? If I have to give up a first I'll probably just leave cause that'd be obscene
if you still own your 1st, standings are adjusted and you move up accordingly.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONAm I going to make it lol? Edit: it doesn't look like it...

If I don't, what's my fine? If I have to give up a first I'll probably just leave cause that'd be obscene
if you still own your 1st, standings are adjusted and you move up accordingly.
Ok cool, thanks for the response Dave.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

you are at 1082 after last night...so you should be ok.

I just counted, you should have 21 GP to Sunday, which would bring you to 1103

that's taking out the guys that won't be playing (Leivo, Sproul, Hamonic, Crescenzi, Chiarot)
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Guys could get rested though so it will be close.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Kapg. If you do not make gp and do not own your 1st this year, since you are ranked between 2-5, you will owe the person who holds your pick a 2nd+3rd in either this draft or next draft (your choice).
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Kapg u leavin?
If u leave so will i
Im in a situation where i gotta give up a 1st cuz im a 1st overall pick team. First time offender in 7 yrs here too.

So ur sayin u wud leave in my situation eh

Perhaps i will consider doing the same. It really is obscene, come to re-think about it
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kimmer wroteCOLONKapg u leavin?
If u leave so will i
Im in a situation where i gotta give up a 1st cuz im a 1st overall pick team. First time offender in 7 yrs here too.

So ur sayin u wud leave in my situation eh

Perhaps i will consider doing the same. It really is obscene, come to re-think about it
I think it's obscene that 1st goes to the person who owns your pick. Don't trade your 1st's away anymore.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Well that was gonna b my plan all along all year. But apparently we have anti-rebuilding (NOT anti-tanking) policy goin on here
Collected measly 2 late firsts but was gonna draft well
Miss gp and i hear apparently i gotta give up a firstto compensate? Lol what the fuck. Lottery draw so its not like my pick is guatanteed first overall anyway they shud be happy as fuck that they have a 2nd or 3rd overall out of my pick. Point of lottery draw is the luck of the draw factor so not like pit mike fucked up his franchise by not getting a 1st overall lol.

NOBODY is guaranteed to know/own a 1st overall ANY FUCKIN WAY, EVEN IF EVERYONE IN LEAGUE MAKES GP

Dont people get that?... this compensation shit is fucked.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kimmer wroteCOLONWell that was gonna b my plan all along all year. But apparently we have anti-rebuilding (NOT anti-tanking) policy goin on here
Collected measly 2 late firsts but was gonna draft well
Miss gp and i hear apparently i gotta give up a firstto compensate? Lol what the fuck. Lottery draw so its not like my pick is guatanteed first overall anyway they shud be happy as fuck that they have a 2nd or 3rd overall out of my pick. Point of lottery draw is the luck of the draw factor so not like pit mike fucked up his franchise by not getting a 1st overall lol.

NOBODY is guaranteed to know/own a 1st overall ANY FUCKIN WAY, EVEN IF EVERYONE IN LEAGUE MAKES GP

Dont people get that?... this compensation shit is fucked.
Even if it wasn't going to be compensation to the other gm, it would still mean you forfeit a pick into oblivion, so your argument won't help you in any manner. If he does win the lottery and therefore still picks first overall, then he won't receive your compensation pick, but you will still forfeit it.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

It's backwards is what it is. I agree with fines for missing gp, but the fine is greater the worse your team is? Fines should be greater for teams that miss by many gp as opposed to only missing by a handful of games. Even worse is rewarding somebody for owning that pick. The whole system needs to revamped.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIt's backwards is what it is. I agree with fines for missing gp, but the fine is greater the worse your team is? Fines should be greater for teams that miss by many gp as opposed to only missing by a handful of games. Even worse is rewarding somebody for owning that pick. The whole system needs to revamped.
The fines are greater by the more you miss. But I agree that this probably needs o be tuned up in the future.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I wudve been fine losing a 2nd rounder outright in any way. Losing a 1st outright or as a compensation for another gm is ass way of handling rebuilders who didnt lose gp purposely

Let me knw what ur decision is kapG
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONIt's backwards is what it is. I agree with fines for missing gp, but the fine is greater the worse your team is? Fines should be greater for teams that miss by many gp as opposed to only missing by a handful of games. Even worse is rewarding somebody for owning that pick. The whole system needs to revamped.
The fines are greater by the more you miss. But I agree that this probably needed to be fixed in the future.
No it's not. You are imposing a greater fine on someone for having the worst record in the league as opposed to only being the 5th worst. It makes no sense. And why would Kimmers pick even be eligible to win the lottery if he missed gp? The whole system is fucked.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The pick is only ineligible to win the lottery if the person still owns the pick.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kimmer wroteCOLONI wudve been fine losing a 2nd rounder outright in any way. Losing a 1st outright or as a compensation for another gm is ass way of handling rebuilders who didnt lose gp purposely

Let me knw what ur decision is kapG
I mean, you lose 30th. It basically is a 2nd...
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Bbklers are bad drafters
I was gpnna take advantage of that. I wud draft gold even with a 30th
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to