Re: Playoffs Round 2

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONlol Nashville
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

crosby hat trick on the final day of my matchup pushing my on to the next round of my imaginary playoffs........40G
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Lee wroteCOLONYou're a god damn disappointment Tony.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Tony wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONYou're a god damn disappointment Tony.
Epic as always!
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Mik.. good battle.. i have to say i won because of the tie breaker is just very lucky (Laine and Aho didn't do any damage while i got 7 goals out of lindholm, staal and faulk).. and that you go over the goalie limit.. you have the better players and a better team.. but hockey god is on my side this time.. you have one of the best team in BBKL and I am sure you will get your revenge next year..
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Thanks for the kind words Hong, and congrats!

The matchup certainly didn't disappoint, can't remember a more entertaining one, too bad it had to end this way.

Fuckin Lindholm always seems to get hot vs my team btw, 6 goals the whole season and he adds 3 (on top of all the rest) this week. The super odd 5 CAR games eventually fucked me.

In insight, all I needed to make it through was benching Darling (I could, since waiving Hemsky for cap reasons gave me a free spot on the bench), but that didn't even cross my mind, with him about to come off an injury and Philly having a b2b I thought my goalies would have got max 3+1 starts.
Other than that I basically guessed the lineup right as far as injuries go, dressing Turris and leaving T.Johnson & Hornqvist out.
I'ts ironic Darling was originally supposed to be out at least 10 more days and easily miss this matchup...

By far the hardest elimination to swallow in my BBKL years, going out without losing and only by the league self imposed limitations on G starts*. But mostly, it sucks because adding to this group Johnson and Hornqvist back from injuries I thought I'd have been the team left with the best chances to win it all if I survived this round.

Wasn't meant to be, you need some luck to go all the way in the playoffs and I didn't have enough.

* btw, never shared this league's habit of pushing BBKL teams towards NHL systems (and of going by NHL crappy seeding system), and I paid the ultimate price to that as they eventually costed me the season, but I think the current Goalies rule it's the best we can do under that philosophy. I remember during that long debate taking away only Wins from the 'other' goalie (Darling in this case) was not considered punitive enough, meaning the purpose our rule had to achieve went beyond keeping it fair during the playoff matchups, it had to discourage dressing (hence, having in the first place) two contributing goalies of different NHL teams and the current rule clearly did that while still allowing me a fair chance to compete.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

With all the young talent you have, you're going to be a perennial contender...I expect you to win a title very soon.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

ya... it certainly sucks that i won the matchup that i actually lost.. it was a very close matchup... has to be one of the closest one in BBKL history.. my guys caught fire at the right time (actually to be fair lindholm had a slow start.. without the stats from oct he would have like 40 points in 50 games.. he made significant progress this year).. had you not dressed darling, it will be a very dramatic win for you given the flyers tie it in the last min and got the OT winner giving you a tie in Win column and hence winning it by the slight margin...

i'm pretty sure we will face each others again next year given the NHL seeding.. (that will make it the 4th year in a row).. and your team will be even more beastly than this year given how well you manage your cap and team and with good drafting records and excellent insight in european players.. hope i will be manage to give you a close fight again next year.
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

and NSH - MIN seems like a rivalry comparable to the NHL's TOR - OTT

the battle of non-NA
#91 - John Tavares
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to