A spot for all questions.

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

A spot for all questions.

Post by Florida Chris »

I have a couple

#1 If a player (in my case Craig Anderson) is out of the lineup for a long time because of a personal reason, can I put him on LTIR ?

#2 If a player who was in the minors, signs a 2way contract, do I have to bring him up right away, or can I leave him down until he actually plays a NHL game ?

#3 If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing ?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: A spot for all questions.

Post by Shoalzie »

1. I don't know...that's a unique case. The CC can discuss that. My guess is that you're kinda stuck since he's not actually injured. I'd almost put on the same level as if a player was suspended for a long time.

2. Any player signed to a contract has to go up to your active roster or clear waivers to stay in the minors within a week of signing a contract, if that occurs during the season. If the player is waiver exempt, then you can do whatever you want.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

1. Personally, I have no issue with this. It is exceptional circumstance ... the risk for you is if you place him now that means he's locked on there for 3 weeks.

2. Someone else?

3. I'd still do what I do now I think, work less, and go on some amazing vacations. Facelift, botox, you know ... etc
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

#2 answer - if the player is waiver eligible and he signs a contract midseason he must clear waivers if u would like him in your minors. It doesnt matter if he plays games. I believe u have until the next roster lock to decide tho if u are putting him on Ur roster or going to waivers.

If he is waiver exempt it doesn't matter.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Band life
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

I'm curious what prompted question #3 chris
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Florida Chris wroteCOLON #3 If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing ?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

thom54 wroteCOLON3. I'd still do what I do now I think, work less, and go on some amazing vacations. Facelift, botox, you know ... etc
what? :lol:
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

#4 - Is our expansion draft going to happen before or after the NHL expansion draft?

#5 - Will we have a trade freeze for a period of time before the expansion draft, so that the expansion team can have some time to peruse the rosters of available players.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

#4 - before
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

LordQuack wroteCOLON#4 - before
Why before? Doesn't what happens in that draft drastically change what teams would do? E.g. which goalies get taken would throw the league into chaos.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Florida Chris wroteCOLON #3 If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing ?
I would have fast forwarded to the third planned phase of my life, which is to work on one of the world's biggest problems (e.g. hunger, literacy, access to healthcare etc.) the way Bill Gates and Zucks are currently doing.

Currently, I'm in the "build capital" phase and hoping to transition to "make a big bet" phase in the next few years, which involves generating an asymmetric return (e.g. building a $100 million company).
Last edited by 1 on Robin Hood, edited 0 times in total.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Don't think the date has been officially set. Easiest way to explain it is we are going to be following the same rules as the NHL. We are still in discussion about if we want to restrict how many of a certain position GMs can select. For example I think it is a pretty safe assumption D will be of better quality than F and I don't think we need the expansion team selecting 20 D and then selling them off at a premium for better forwards to teams that can't dress 6D.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

^ agree to this and to Shiv's point re: maybe there being a benefit to drafting after the NHL waiver draft to get a better idea of player valuation for the expansion team (and also current GMs).
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Robin Hood wroteCOLON
LordQuack wroteCOLON#4 - before
Why before? Doesn't what happens in that draft drastically change what teams would do? E.g. which goalies get taken would throw the league into chaos.
Well, I wouldn't say chaos. Everyone is allowed to protect 1 goalie, so the assumption would be your starter would he protected.

I guess we aren't sure if it is before or after considering bruyns Post. It will be discussed.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Because the NHL is doing it a few days before the draft it makes it harder for us in here where we draft first. NHL teams submit protection lists on June 17, Vegas is announced on June 20, and the draft is June 22-23.
In ADHL we decided we will submit our protection lists a few days after the NHL draft is complete with the roster announced a few days after that. The positive is everyone can see how the league looks (pre free agency) before they submit protections as values will change dramatically for many players during that week. The downside is it means our Las Vegas GM will only have draft picks and any other assets they have acquired through side deals to use at the draft.

IMO protection lists have to be done this way after everything is settled in the NHL. It would absolutely be chaos if we did this all before the NHL, there are going to be a very large amount of moving parts, and that's not including the fact that barring starting our draft a week or two earlier in mid May, they would overlap
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to