Question for the CC/league

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Question for the CC/league

Post by Robin Hood »

Hello everyone,

I've been super disconnected from the league the last few months. This has led to a few things:
-Lesser activity from myself
-Some bad GM practices (e.g. haven't updated my spreadsheets in 2-3 weeks. Even though no changes to my roster -- I've historically always been on top of this)

The reality for me is that I love this league and I'd like to stay on. But this also means I'll be more passive than my usual self.

So my question is: Is the league okay with this? Or would the league rather get a more active GM in?

For me the main benefit of being in the league is to be part of the community. If it were up to me, I'd like to stay on as the GM and slowly build Chicago back up from the shitty team it is today...but the process might take me years instead of weeks like in the past, which I'm totally okay with :).

Though I also want to do what is best for the league. Thought I'd ask instead of wondering.

Thanks in advance <3
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Question for the CC/league

Post by Arian The Insider »

I'm cool with it personally. Run your team the way you want. Just please keep up with spreadsheets haha (this goes for everyone missing them)
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

is this a subtle shot at Paul?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I'm not nearly as active as I once was and I'd hope no one would hold that against me.

So how could I possibly hold this against you? I'm totally fine with it myself and hope you stick around
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

thom54 wroteCOLONis this a subtle shot at Paul?
Nope, serious question.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Same here Shiv. People have lives and obligations. Doesnt lessen your passion for hockey and fantasy. I am in the same boat. As long as you set your lineup and try not to let spreadsheets get too far off i see no problems at all. You always answer your pms....
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Im becoming similar lately. BBKL and NHL in general i can forget about for weeks. Ill come back and be active in spurts im sure but I don't think ill be the consistently active guy I was for a while
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

It's easy to burn yourself out.

Nothing wrong with taking a step back as long as you answer PMs and try to keep ur spreadsheets up to date.

You're a valuable member of the community shiv. Probably earned the right to not be so active for a while if that's what you need.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Ya man, you do you Shiv - just check in on Monday morning or the spreadsheet police will get you!!
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Robin Hood wroteCOLON
thom54 wroteCOLONis this a subtle shot at Paul?
Nope, serious question.
was kind of hoping for another flame war haha.

But to answer your question; you do your thing! We all ebb and flow with our activity
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Most are doing the same Shiv. Blame Mike.

(Pitchforks - $5.95 US plus shipping)
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

As previously stated stay on as long you can answer pms in a relative timely manner, and keep up with spreadsheets.. I had the same problem last year, could forget to log in for weeks but I needed to organize myself a little better that's all, anyways hope you stay mate. You're good shit!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Still would wager we are easily a top 10 NHL fantasy league for activity and with low turnover and quality GMs. I've been slacking lately with bookkeeping stuff too with being on course, weather days when we are cancelled help but some sites are blocked on this network. I can view googledocs but I can't sign in and edit.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Bruyns wroteCOLONStill would wager we are easily a top 10 NHL fantasy league for activity and with low turnover and quality GMs. I've been slacking lately with bookkeeping stuff too with being on course, weather days when we are cancelled help but some sites are blocked on this network. I can view googledocs but I can't sign in and edit.
same here....
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

as long as you don't go weeks without at least checking in and replying to any messages you might get (and at least posting lineup once a month) I'm ok.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

once you update your googledoc & fantrax lineup weekly and reply to PMs it's fair game Shiv... no worries
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to